Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ozric Tentacles rerelease "Vitamin Enhanced" boxed set [In April]

Maybe he played all the instruments himself on that "solo"album.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hwkn View Post
    Maybe he played all the instruments himself on that "solo"album.
    I know, I just mean how did he break the news to the family that he was doing an album without them? I was mostly joking. But whatever he did, Keith Godchaux should have used a little of it with Donna!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    He put out a solo album recently, too (although I don't remember quite when that came out). I listened to some of it, and it sounded pretty much like an Ozric album. Still good, though. How did he manage to do a solo album when his wife and son are in the band?
    Well he and Brandi split a couple years ago, and my guess is that there were some legalities around the band name at that point which is probably why it was released just under his name.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    Well he and Brandi split a couple years ago, and my guess is that there were some legalities around the band name at that point which is probably why it was released just under his name.
    Oh, I didn't know they split up. That's a shame, after weathering the fire and all. Is his son still playing on Ozric albums?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    BTW, has he been asked why he relocated to Scotland? I know he went through some difficult sh*t while in the U.S., but I'm curious why Scotland and not back to Wales?
    It was the damnedest thing. I work in Edinburgh and was in the station waiting for my train home, when I saw this dude waiting around. I was thinking, "he looks a little like Ed, but it can't be him because he lives in the US." I thought nothing more of it until I got home and then saw an email from Kscope announcing Ed's solo album, and describing the songs as "inspired by his home on the river Forth."

Turns out, that WAS him I saw, heading on a train in the other direction to me. (I stashed a few Ozrics cd covers in my bag for the next few days, just in case, but i haven't seen him since.)

And yes, his son Silas is still making music with him, so he must have relocated too. They do occasional live podcasts from the home studio, and are planning to do a tour next year, playing an electronic set.

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    Well, if they've split up, hopefully, that means Ed's got someone else managing his affairs. I seem to recall Brandi was a real pain in the ass to deal with, if you were inclined to do business with Ozrics.

I'm not sure why there'd be legal issues with the band name, since it was Ed's band to begin with, long before Brandi became involved.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I'm not sure why there'd be legal issues with the band name, since it was Ed's band to begin with, long before Brandi became involved.
    Clearly you haven't read many Yes-related threads.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    He put out a solo album recently, too (although I don't remember quite when that came out). I listened to some of it, and it sounded pretty much like an Ozric album. Still good, though. How did he manage to do a solo album when his wife and son are in the band?
    He was already divorced when he released it.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post

Probably there aren't, as in 2020 he has also released a new album as Ozric Tentacles.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Sorry to say that Kscope is out of the new box already. Hopefully they get more.
    I will post here again as soon as I hear something.

Hi Guys

My copy of the set arrived a couple of days ago, and I've now published a blog review, offering some thoughts on the new remastering and the new packaging, compared to the 2013 release.

You can find my review here: https://momentstransition.wordpress....book-set-2021/

^^^ Good review! I've just tracked down the twofer cds so won't be forking out any more - but I do like those early albums, probably most of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    Hi Guys

My copy of the set arrived a couple of days ago, and I've now published a blog review, offering some thoughts on the new remastering and the new packaging, compared to the 2013 release.

You can find my review here: https://momentstransition.wordpress....book-set-2021/
    Thank you for this! Funny and informative.

and..............it's back in stock!
    https://burningshed.com/ozric-tentac..._category=true

Quote Originally Posted by brian imig View Post
    and..............it's back in stock!
    https://burningshed.com/ozric-tentac..._category=true
    Just ordered mine from Burning Shed😁

Ordered it tonight as they have it in stock in a shop here in Sweden. I ordered the new Box set too.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I had a buddy ask me about Ozric Tentacles and which albums to buy. I suggest Jurasic Shift and then every 10 years after. That should break up the monotony.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I had a buddy ask me about Ozric Tentacles and which albums to buy. I suggest Jurasic Shift and then every 10 years after. That should break up the monotony.
    Strangeitude, Jurassic Shift, Live Underslunky and The Hidden Step.