Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: R I P Peter Banks

Oh this totally sucks the big one! Like others have said. Very sad to hear about his passing and the first YES member to go.

RIP: Peter Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    It sure would be cool for Jon and/or Chris to acknowledge Peter' passing. Nicely. And extra cool for Yes to slip in an old song into the set in tribute. It would be the classy thing to do.
    Yes did Astral Traveller as recently as 2010. That would be a fitting song to honor Banks memory.

Very sad news indeed. Always sad to hear of the passing of such a talented person. R.I.P.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

RIP Peter

Just learned from Bill Bruford's Facebook page, very sad news, will spin Time and a Word today
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

RIP, a sad week for guitar players.

WOW! Was just listening to "Yes" as I read this....

Very sad news. RIP Peter.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

R.I.P. Always loved his playing. Very sad.....................
    Today I'll give Yes and Time and a Word a spin in his honor.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    RIP to a true grandsire of the genre.

Sic transit gloria mundi
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Very sad to hear.. I really enjoyed the both sides of Peter banks album.

RIP

They pass one by one..RIP Peter Banks. I always loved your guitar work.

RIP
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

One of my bucket-list musicians I'll have to cross off for the wrong reason. So close too; that tour with Ambrosia as his band playing the music of Yes sadly never came to fruition a year or so ago.
    Gonna play his "Reduction" and "Self-Contained" discs now.

RIP
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I was in a band that en mass went to see Flash when they played a Madison club right after the 1st album came out (we were already major Yes fans & covered Astral Traveller).

We wound up going to Ray Bennett & Mike Hough's hotel room after the gig (yeah, they shared a room-were still poor, I suspect) and toking & talking music until the wee hours. Peter & Colin Carter never showed up.

RIP to a very talented man (Chris Squire notwithstanding).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Jefferson James
    Sad news indeed; RIP.

Terrible news. I got to see Flash live so many years ago, with BOC, at Cobo Hall in Detroit. And Yes, of course...
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Sad news. Love his work on the early YES stuff. R.I.P. Peter.
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Darn. Rip. I wish I had the chance to see him. Was very excited when the tour was announced a while ago. Alas. Would be really classy if yes did astral traveler over roundabout for a encore for a while

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace, Peter. A while back, I picked up Banks' book, Beyond and Before. Hadn't got around to reading it, and now the author and guitarist has passed. I will put on some of his music now.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Very sad. The others didn't seem to like him. I think I read he was difficult to work with. I hardly know myself why they were at odds before he got axed. RIP

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    I'm pretty much shattered this morning; the emotion is magnified because of just seeing the current band perform last week.

R.I.P. Mr. Banks. I'll always be in debt to you for helping create my all-time favorite band.
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)