Thread: RIP Jean-Pierre Massiera

RIP Jean-Pierre Massiera

"Born on July 10, 1941, Massiera was not only known as "the French Joe Meek" but also referred to "the inventor of French progressive rock.""

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/r_i..._Zlpqs1dtg1YbY

Wow. I had no idea he was that much older than me. Farewell to another creative soul.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

I really dislike that Atlantide album, I have to say. But I'm sure he was a nice person nonetheless.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Thanks for sharing. I was only aware of him as a co-producer on a few Ange albums from the 80s, but that was obviously a very small part of the picture. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I really dislike that Atlantide album, I have to say. But I'm sure he was a nice person nonetheless.
    I don't know man. A song like Soleil Noir really scratches my epic/symphonic/psychedelic itch, despite the extravagant style and the clear Yes influence.
    The other one I know is Visitors, which is quite good, despite the kitsch element. But I have managed to get my filthy hand on some other of his projects and intend to come back with some opinion on them.

I am listening to the Horrific Child album, which is part of the Nurse With Wound list. I don't understand anything from it. After 3 listens the verdict seems to be that this is complete nonsense. It's impossible even to describe.

One of the weirdest albums that ever reached my attention.