Thread: RIP Jean-Pierre Massiera

RIP Jean-Pierre Massiera

"Born on July 10, 1941, Massiera was not only known as "the French Joe Meek" but also referred to "the inventor of French progressive rock.""

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/r_i..._Zlpqs1dtg1YbY

Wow. I had no idea he was that much older than me. Farewell to another creative soul.

I really dislike that Atlantide album, I have to say. But I'm sure he was a nice person nonetheless.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Thanks for sharing. I was only aware of him as a co-producer on a few Ange albums from the 80s, but that was obviously a very small part of the picture. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I really dislike that Atlantide album, I have to say. But I'm sure he was a nice person nonetheless.
    I don't know man. A song like Soleil Noir really scratches my epic/symphonic/psychedelic itch, despite the extravagant style and the clear Yes influence.
    The other one I know is Visitors, which is quite good, despite the kitsch element. But I have managed to get my filthy hand on some other of his projects and intend to come back with some opinion on them.

I am listening to the Horrific Child album, which is part of the Nurse With Wound list. I don't understand anything from it. After 3 listens the verdict seems to be that this is complete nonsense. It's impossible even to describe.

One of the weirdest albums that ever reached my attention.