Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nad Sylvan new album “Spiritus Mundi”

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    I added real drums to several songs on the self titled Winter Tree album but I haven't uploaded that one yet.

Debating if I should go for single titles as they show up or wait for the whole discography. Since I have most the titles on CD, not all of the titles (unchanged or minimally reworked) would be of interest. The real question though is, are you inclined to provide the option of the whole discography (once all are included on your bandcamp website) and at some significant discount. The latter option would perhaps make it worthwhile to not miss any changes. Really another part of the same question is, how long do you think it would take before the whole discography is downloaded there?
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

I would consider having a discount for buying the whole catalog. I have now uploaded 10 titles to Band camp and have two more to go. One is ready to go and the last one still needs some more mixing.

I would consider having a discount for buying the whole catalog. I have now uploaded 10 titles to Band camp and have two more to go. One is ready to go and the last one still needs some more mixing.
    Wow, this is some speed you are going at

I guess it is reasonable then to expect the last one to be posted on the bandcamp page fairly soon, and of course the option to buy the whole discography. Still wish the titles there had more of descriptions as to the changes applied. For example, Guardians and some others do not have any, suggesting these are the same version as on the CD. Is this the case?

Actually, Guardians is one of the more drastically changed ones. I realized my original idea of having a 20+ minute suite of songs. This suite has several sections that were not included on the original release in 2012. Also I was not able to include the Mark Bond songs The Sparrow.and Good Times.
    One can sample any of the songs in their entirety on Bandcamp.

Actually, Guardians is one of the more drastically changed ones. I realized my original idea of having a 20+ minute suite of songs. This suite has several sections that were not included on the original release in 2012. Also I was not able to include the Mark Bond songs The Sparrow.and Good Times.
    One can sample any of the songs in their entirety on Bandcamp.
    Sounds great and exactly the reason why a description like this should be included under each album on your bandcamp website. It will definitively help to get more people on board, including myself, even if they already have these on CDs.
    Thanks

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...6278&source=48

Happy Birthday Nad! A fan created this statue and sent it to him.
    Link broken...item may have been removed.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

188273454_10158445473646279_2997868950827162309_n.jpg

A fan of Nad made this and sent it to him for his Birthday today!

A new video from "Spiritus Mundi" called "Byzantium". Features a growling bass in the middle section by Tony Levin.

A new video from "Spiritus Mundi" called "Byzantium". Features a growling bass in the middle section by Tony Levin.
    What a wonderful song by you both. As good as the Trilogy is, I think Nad is at his highest level when in collaboration with someone, like yourself or Bonimici(Unifaun).
    This is one release among many that is on my short list of future buys.
    Regarding the video, I remember seeing an interview where Nad spoke of investing in a blue screen for his home studio where he can create his own videos. This one looks great!
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:23 PM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

I could have sworn I made a post in this forum earlier. Perhaps my brain is more caffeine deprived than I realized lol. I came here to ask a follow up question for Nad fans. How like the most recent album is the trilogy of solo albums he did in the most recent decade? I would imagine they are similar in sound but if you were someone who likes the new one, where would you begin to explore further? Appreciate any responses. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    I could have sworn I made a post in this forum earlier. Perhaps my brain is more caffeine deprived than I realized lol. I came here to ask a follow up question for Nad fans. How like the most recent album is the trilogy of solo albums he did in the most recent decade? I would imagine they are similar in sound but if you were someone who likes the new one, where would you begin to explore further? Appreciate any responses. Cheers.
    While I thought as the trilogy went on the rekkids degraded ever so slightly in quality (although the first was my favorite rekkid of the year and the two that followed I thought were very good also), I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm having a little trouble getting into the new one, the priors were steeped in Genesis mythology, the new one less so, just have to keep on listening I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    While I thought as the trilogy went on the rekkids degraded ever so slightly in quality (although the first was my favorite rekkid of the year and the two that followed I thought were very good also), I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm having a little trouble getting into the new one, the priors were steeped in Genesis mythology, the new one less so, just have to keep on listening I guess.
    Thanks for the response! This is very helpful. It sounds like Nad's trilogy is a little more overtly prog then. I'll probably enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquatarkus View Post
    Thanks for the response! This is very helpful. It sounds like Nad's trilogy is a little more overtly prog then. I'll probably enjoy them.
    10 minutes into Courting the Widow you're going to say to yourself "there are two more albums like this one, I've hit the motherload", they are highly recommended, Mr Sylvan is an excellent writer and performer, who knew?

Agree with BarryLI - Courting The Widow is my favorite of the trilogy but they are all very good. But I'd also say that they are different in tone and feel from the new one and if you are really liking Spiritus Mundi I would probably recommend the first Agents of Mercy album The Fading Ghosts of Twilight to be the the one to get next. It isn't 100% Nad singing as he shares vocals with Stolt but it is more acoustic and contemplative like the new one with some almost painfully beautiful songs.

I love Courting the Widow, but my favorite from that trilogy is The Bride Said No (his second one). Something about it just really clicks with me. The Genesis influence is a little less overt on that one too.

They're a little different from Spiritus Mundi, but I think you'll enjoy them. All four of them are fine records, IMO.

And I second the Agents of Mercy recommendation. Fading Ghosts of Twilight is lovely. Dramarama is my fave though.

I'm not familiar with Andrew's music, but if this new album is any indication I think I'll be checking out some Winter Tree stuff in the near future.