Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite Queen album?

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Its Late...

nuff said :thumb:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I really like Millionaire's Waltz. It's very prog. Favorite track overall is, predictably......White Man.

Queen II has held up well! The first as well as the rest up to and including Jazz are quite OK, thanks to Brians guitar and Freddies voice! Innuendo was a some nice bounce back, up in par with the others except II.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Queen II is not a Prog-Rock album

My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

I'm a fan of everything from the debut through The Game, but the delicious center of SHA through NotW is where I will always wind up on this question.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Queen II for me.

II
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Queen II
    My favorite & most played Queen track, however, is the Prophet Song. That one ends up on every Prog Mixtape compilation I make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only ever owned two: II and Jazz. So II.
    Contrary to popular demand: THE HIPCRIME VOCAB CD startlingly available!
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com

You all are wrong. What the hell is with you guys?

Seriously, how can you put 2 against ANATO? I don't get it. I'm quite flabbergasted at your responses. I so seriously don't get it, but I never got many things so my perspective is a little skewed.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I really like Millionaire's Waltz.
    Dr. Brian May said there's sections of that track where there's 18 tracks of guitar going all at once.

Queen II for me of which I was fortunate to catch parts of live- and they were the opening act

I saw them after Day at the Raced, News of the World & Jazz. Stellar live act!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it is still "A Night At The Opera" ... and all the ones before it for not being played to death on the radio
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

I only have two Queen albums, the first and Live at the Rainbow ’74, which has to be my favourite. The live album (the deluxe version, that is) is taken from two nights at the Rainbow at either end of 1974. In March, where this track is taken from, the band clearly knows it is destined for the big time. There is an audible sense of self-belief in their performance (Freddie Mercury asks in the middle of Ogre Battle what the audience thinks of the show so far), while in the November concert they return as conquering champions. And then came Bohemian Rhapsody in 1975 and they were confirmed as the biggest band in the land (and, later, the world).
    Their first album was derided by the music press as a clone between Led Zeppelin and David Bowie. Perhaps there was some truth in that, but who cares. For me their music was fresh and exciting. I never got into Queen after their debut, as I considered them too over-produced; Bohemian Rhapsody was completely over the top (although I saw them on the Night of the Opera tour at Hammersmith Odeon in London in 1975). But as a live band back in 1974 they were on fire. (I have posted this track on PE previously, so apologies, but it is good enough for another outing. The sound track here is from the March concert, but not the visuals; there is another version of the track from the November concert that is on YouTube and it has visuals from the show too.)

Last edited by Munster; 02-01-2021 at 11:36 AM.
    'There are no certain answers and no time to understand / The goal's a changing paradise, a moment out of date'

Queen II
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Night at the Opera followed by Innuendo

II

But I can find good material on all of the ones from the first to Jazz. As others have stated I feel the same way about Night at the Opera, it’s been overplayed so much it doesn’t matter to me how good it is I just don’t want to hear most of it anymore except for a few songs like Prophet Song.

A Night At The Opera. The two that proceeded it were pretty good too.
    Prog's Not Dead

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    A Night At The Opera.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Their first album was derided by the music press as a clone between Led Zeppelin and David Bowie.
    The San Francisco Chronicle's rock critic Joel Selvin reviewed a Queen show in March 1977:

"British rock band Queen, sort of a bush league Led Zeppelin, performed Sunday at the Berkeley Community Theater. Although the show contained more than a few moments of satisfying hard rock, the bulk of the performance never rose above the ordinary."

I love how he feels he has to explain who Queen are, five albums into their career and a year after "Bohemian Rhapsody" hit the Top 10.
    Contrary to popular demand: THE HIPCRIME VOCAB CD startlingly available!
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    The San Francisco Chronicle's rock critic Joel Selvin reviewed a Queen show in March 1977:

"British rock band Queen, sort of a bush league Led Zeppelin, performed Sunday at the Berkeley Community Theater. Although the show contained more than a few moments of satisfying hard rock, the bulk of the performance never rose above the ordinary."

I love how he feels he has to explain who Queen are, five albums into their career and a year after "Bohemian Rhapsody" hit the Top 10.
    Yeah, and comparing them to Led Zeppelin...

I think it's News Of The World. Just heard....We Will Rock You. So if I rank 'em:

NOTW
    ANATO
    II
    SHA
    QUEEN
    ADATR