Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I have one team left to semi-root for.

go giants
    Someone could have made a lot of money betting against the teams I wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Someone could have made a lot of money betting against the teams I wanted
    Someone could have lost a lot of money following the prognosticators at the beginning of the season.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    Thank you, thank you very much. Unbelievable. Last place to ALCS for the 2nd time in a decade.
    But, to be sure, there were three last-place finishes in the last eight seasons.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

But, to be sure, there were three last-place finishes in the last eight seasons.
    Yup and 2 titles.

Honest question...Would you rather have the Yanks or Sox results over that period?

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    SOX!
    Yeah. I get that. And it's a really good point. Really, it is.

But . . .

Braves.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I always though Glavine, Smoltz and Maddux should have won 3 or 4 WS's I always loved watching Maddux pitch , nearest thing to Koufax in my watching lifetime.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    Yup and 2 titles.

Honest question...Would you rather have the Yanks or Sox results over that period?
    It's honestly hard to say. I clearly concede that the Red Sox have had the better team over the last decade-plus. But there's something about winning a championship and not being able to repeat. And finishing last the following year? Yikes. I'd rather be competitive every season.

The Giants were my last hope of a team to root for. That last called strike could very well be the worst non-check swing call I've ever seen. Too bad their season ended on such bad umpiring. But that seems indicative of the sport, so I guess it's perfectly fitting.

The Giants were my last hope of a team to root for. That last called strike could very well be the worst non-check swing call I've ever seen. Too bad their season ended on such bad umpiring. But that seems indicative of the sport, so I guess it's perfectly fitting.
    I understand keeping balls & strikes away from the review process - but on a play as big as this, not to have any scope for a review (either umpire instigated, or team instigated), seems inappropriate. And, most defintely, it was a very poor call.

Gabe Kapler was mightily impressive in his dignified comments in the press conference afterwards.

Horrible call.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Definitely a horrible call.

Go Dodgers!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    It was a bad call, but the game didn't hinge on it. The Giants were down to their last out. They had allowed an unearned run to score in the top of the ninth. Those things are on them. I've seen games end on controversial calls before. But the game was 9 innings, not one pitch. Both teams played a great series. No one need hang their head.

Hats off to TBS, for successfully preventing anyone without access to their cable channel from seeing the game. Usually I can get play by play descriptions in text online for baseball games, even blacked out ones. Not last night's game. All I could see was the score at the end of each half inning. When the game was over, and the 10:00 news from San Francisco came on, they showed a very few highlights of the game and spent half an hour whining and wringing their hands about the last called strike.

True, I could have seen the game with the local Giants fans at a pub. I didn't go. That's on me.

^^ I wouldn't go to a crowded pub if you paid me.

Well, it may have been one pitch, but the Giants' story all season was one of late-inning magic. They had the winning run at bat and the magic carpet was pulled out from under them.

Of all the calls that can be reviewed, it seems odd that one which is so difficult is not one of them.

Well, it may have been one pitch, but the Giants' story all season was one of late-inning magic. They had the winning run at bat and the magic carpet was pulled out from under them.
    The Giants are the only team we can see with any frequency on broadcast TV. And, of course, they are the main topic on the San Francisco news sports segment each night during baseball season. I enjoyed watching their late-inning magic several times this season.

I found plenty of excuses not to go to the pub last night. Watched the game highlights on youtube this morning.

Pretty funny

Ian

The oddest feeling was being semi-content with a win by the cheating 'Stros against the BoSox.

So, while I have absolutely no team to root for, my "best" scenario would be for the Braves to beat the cheating 'Stros in the WS. What would make it even better would be for the Braves fans to stop that silly tomahawk chop.

So, while I have absolutely no team to root for...
    Same here. I am going to have to root for the Red Sox for only the 2nd time in my life. First time was against the Mets in 1986 and we all know how that turned out. Still doesn’t feel right though
    Last edited by Tangram; 10-16-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Same here. I am going to have to root for the Red Sox for only the 2nd time in my life. First time was against the Mets in 1986 and we all know how that turned out. Still doesn’t filers right though
    I could NEVER root for the Red Stockings.

Red Sox are giving a spankin' to the Astros early in this 2nd game!

2 grand slams in 1st 2 innings
    Ian

Stolen bases. I so love the NL style of play. The NLCS game tonight was great for that. Stolen bases are so few and far between.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The eons are closing
    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22
    I don't trust umpires younger or more cryptic than me.

That Japanese video is fantastic.

And I have no rooting interest whatsoever in the teams that are left. I think I've watched maybe 1 inning of this year's postseason.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally