Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MLB 2021

The eons are closing
    Mets win on a walk off HBP that should not have been called as Conforto actually stuck his elbow out. Ump missed it. While whether a HBP happened or not is reviewable, the judgement on whether player made effort to get outta way is not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

The eons are closing
    Mets now 40-21 in home openers all time.

So this Trevor Bauer doctored ball thing is interesting.

I haven't followed the whole thing closely, but he apparently made some allegations about guys spin rates going through the roof when they played for the Astros (Gerrit Cole, e.g.), and not-so-subtly accused them of cheating (shocking, I know).

So, he let the world know that he was going to prove his theory in his next start, and sure enough, his spin rate increased, "mysteriously." And now MLB is investigating him. Because God forbid they do anything about the Astros.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Orioles only first place team with a negative run differential.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Orioles only first place team with a negative run differential.
    Are you really surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So this Trevor Bauer doctored ball thing is interesting.

I haven't followed the whole thing closely, but he apparently made some allegations about guys spin rates going through the roof when they played for the Astros (Gerrit Cole, e.g.), and not-so-subtly accused them of cheating (shocking, I know).

So, he let the world know that he was going to prove his theory in his next start, and sure enough, his spin rate increased, "mysteriously." And now MLB is investigating him. Because God forbid they do anything about the Astros.
    He's quite a piece of ... work.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

The eons are closing
    re: bauer

His bigger point about the shitty way MLB is doing this is valid. Even if pitchers dont have the tar, catchers could, outfielders could, even the batters have residual tar all over them, including the bat itself

So taking a ball outta play etc. is not a way to conduct a thorough investigation. But when has MLB ever conducted a thorough well designed investigation.

As noted, all pitchers are having balls removed as instructed by memo during every game. Yet Bauer after his criticism in the past, is the only one in the news.

Two league officials said umpires are instructed to collect balls from every game, including every pitcher, to then be sent to an authenticator. MLB informed teams last month the league would crack down on pitchers using foreign substances to doctor balls.

“We have instructed umpires, GCMs, ECOs, and Authenticators to submit baseballs that come out of play to the Commissioner’s Office for further inspection and documentation,” a memo sent to the clubs read. “They will prioritize baseballs that contain potential evidence of a foreign substance, but also will randomly select balls to ensure full coverage.”

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Are you really surprised?

I'm impressed!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Way to keep it classy Yankeefan. Had to stop the game in the 8th inning due to fans throwing baseballs onto the field.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence