Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    That's fantastic
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Orioles Franco at third probably made the play of the year.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1477339359310665
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Great play by Franco, but also a great stretch by the 1st baseman.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That's fantastic
    It is in its own way.

Every win imbues new hope. Braves will score ten runs one night, struggle to score one the next. It’s impossible to give up on them because they are so close, and yet they are so far from being a good team (at times glaringly so) I might as well give up on the season. But a three-game win “streak” would put them agonizingly close to a playoff push. So I keep watching, figuring tonight will be the night.

I’m guessing that’s how Phillies phans feel, too.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Great play by Franco, but also a great stretch by the 1st baseman.
    It's amazing how those guys pick the ball up off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    It is in its own way.

Every win imbues new hope. Braves will score ten runs one night, struggle to score one the next. It’s impossible to give up on them because they are so close, and yet they are so far from being a good team (at times glaringly so) I might as well give up on the season. But a three-game win “streak” would put them agonizingly close to a playoff push. So I keep watching, figuring tonight will be the night.

I’m guessing that’s how Phillies phans feel, too.
    Exactly how we feel. It's very frustrating.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

All three Yankee pitchers were making their MLB debuts last night. The starter pitched 6 shutout inning to get the win. The first reliever struck out the side in his one inning and the next guy gave up one run across two innings to seal the deal.

Plus, the bats came alive for a change. That means they'll get spanked today. But, it was a nice day for the kids.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    All three Yankee pitchers were making their MLB debuts last night. The starter pitched 6 shutout inning to get the win. The first reliever struck out the side in his one inning and the next guy gave up one run across two innings to seal the deal.

Plus, the bats came alive for a change. That means they'll get spanked today. But, it was a nice day for the kids.
    For his last three starts Matt Harvey is the best pitcher in baseball with an era of 0.00.

For his last three starts Matt Harvey is the best pitcher in baseball with an era of 0.00.
    True.

I actually haven't been this interested in watching a regular season game between the Orioles and Yankees in many years.

Yet, his ERA is still over 6.00. He's going against the July Pitcher of the Month tonight.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Cole Hamels going to the Dodgers.

They have one helluva rotation.

If it was 2012.

He's going against the July Pitcher of the Month tonight.
    Unfortunately for us, it's now August.

Rough first inning for Taillon.

Looks like that first inning was a hiccup. Taillon has been dominant since giving up the 2 runs.

The Braves finally won two games in a row, snapping a streak of 18 games without the same outcome. The improbability of this (ahem) achievement suggests it is a record that will stand the test of time.

But it won’t.

In September, Atlanta and San Diego will resume a suspended game that occurred early in the streak. Whatever the outcome, it will knock the streak down to 13 games (which is still a record? Couldn’t find anything on it).
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

It's encouraging but you have to take anything against Baltimore with a big grain of skepticism. They are essentially an AAA team. No disrespect to their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    It's encouraging but you have to take anything against Baltimore with a big grain of skepticism. They are essentially an AAA team. No disrespect to their fans.
    No doubt. The Yankees have shown that they can lose to any lousy team. And they showed that the night before. That being said, they did not get spanked the following game. So, there's that. I will state that they have done well against better teams lately. It's been up and down all season.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    JFC

JHFC

What a difference a week makes. The Yankees are now only one game behind the BoSox in the loss column. This division fight will go to the end.

Aaaaaand, on top of that, they are getting hit with COVID. Anthony Rizzo just went down with it. That's about 8 players since the All-Star break. Speculation has been that Judge was not vaxxed. Setting that aside, I'm still trying to figure out why a group of people who sweat together, celebrate together and shower together would have only gone for the J&J vaccine, which is only about 70% effective. Yeah, I get it's just one shot, but still.

Watchin' Mets@Phillies

Is it me or do the Orioles hire the dumbest fucking managers in the world.

Aaaaaand, on top of that, they are getting hit with COVID. Anthony Rizzo just went down with it. That's about 8 players since the All-Star break. Speculation has been that Judge was not vaxxed. Setting that aside, I'm still trying to figure out why a group of people who sweat together, celebrate together and shower together would have only gone for the J&J vaccine, which is only about 70% effective. Yeah, I get it's just one shot, but still.
    Fun while it lasted. Unbelievable, another covid case. Anthony Rizzo is a cancer survivor and decided to not get vaxxed. Word has it his symptoms are mild, I hope he recovered soon.
    Last edited by Tangram; 08-09-2021 at 03:28 AM.

I thought that the Ravens did?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I thought that the Ravens did?
    I think they are in competition.

Can we choose both?