Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021

The eons are closing
    Mets win on a walk off HBP that should not have been called as Conforto actually stuck his elbow out. Ump missed it. While whether a HBP happened or not is reviewable, the judgement on whether player made effort to get outta way is not.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

The eons are closing
    Mets now 40-21 in home openers all time.

So this Trevor Bauer doctored ball thing is interesting.

I haven't followed the whole thing closely, but he apparently made some allegations about guys spin rates going through the roof when they played for the Astros (Gerrit Cole, e.g.), and not-so-subtly accused them of cheating (shocking, I know).

So, he let the world know that he was going to prove his theory in his next start, and sure enough, his spin rate increased, "mysteriously." And now MLB is investigating him. Because God forbid they do anything about the Astros.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Orioles only first place team with a negative run differential.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Orioles only first place team with a negative run differential.
    Are you really surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So this Trevor Bauer doctored ball thing is interesting.

I haven't followed the whole thing closely, but he apparently made some allegations about guys spin rates going through the roof when they played for the Astros (Gerrit Cole, e.g.), and not-so-subtly accused them of cheating (shocking, I know).

So, he let the world know that he was going to prove his theory in his next start, and sure enough, his spin rate increased, "mysteriously." And now MLB is investigating him. Because God forbid they do anything about the Astros.
    He's quite a piece of ... work.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The eons are closing
    re: bauer

His bigger point about the shitty way MLB is doing this is valid. Even if pitchers dont have the tar, catchers could, outfielders could, even the batters have residual tar all over them, including the bat itself

So taking a ball outta play etc. is not a way to conduct a thorough investigation. But when has MLB ever conducted a thorough well designed investigation.

As noted, all pitchers are having balls removed as instructed by memo during every game. Yet Bauer after his criticism in the past, is the only one in the news.

Two league officials said umpires are instructed to collect balls from every game, including every pitcher, to then be sent to an authenticator. MLB informed teams last month the league would crack down on pitchers using foreign substances to doctor balls.

“We have instructed umpires, GCMs, ECOs, and Authenticators to submit baseballs that come out of play to the Commissioner’s Office for further inspection and documentation,” a memo sent to the clubs read. “They will prioritize baseballs that contain potential evidence of a foreign substance, but also will randomly select balls to ensure full coverage.”

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Are you really surprised?

I'm impressed!

Way to keep it classy Yankeefan. Had to stop the game in the 8th inning due to fans throwing baseballs onto the field.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Way to keep it classy Yankeefan. Had to stop the game in the 8th inning due to fans throwing baseballs onto the field.
    They were just showing their pitchers how to throw a baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    They're trying out for the Twins bullpen.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

It wasn't even ball day. Someone must have raided a souvenir stand.

They do suck right now. But there's no excuse for that behavior.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Shane Bieber today became the first pitcher since 1901 to strike out 10 or more batters in each of his first four starts! The Reds more than willingly obliging him today.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Wow. Two no-hitters already!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

My son and grandson went to the Brewers - Pirates game yesterday.

Despite MLB trying to screw this game up, I still love the game and maybe my grandson will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wow. Two no-hitters already!
    This doesn't really surprise me that much, considering how hitters have changed over recent years (K rate is way up).

I fully expect the Yankees to get no-hit if they keep up their current pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They were just showing their pitchers how to throw a baseball.
    Fan of the team from the Bronx, and throwing baseballs on the field is classless.

You're response is great. gotta give credit were its due!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    This doesn't really surprise me that much, considering how hitters have changed over recent years (K rate is way up).

I fully expect the Yankees to get no-hit if they keep up their current pattern.
    When the Yankees tank a season early, do you hold out hope or take it on the chin and enjoy what you can?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Fan of the team from the Bronx, and throwing baseballs on the field is classless.

You're response is great. gotta give credit were its due!
    I'd usually be saying that about the Oriole pitching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    When the Yankees tank a season early, do you hold out hope or take it on the chin and enjoy what you can?
    No season tanks this early. 90% of the games are still ahead.

The eons are closing
    In WC era - only eight teams who lost 15 of first 25 made the playoffs.... and only one won the pennant; so while a few more games to go to reach 25 played, judgement day is arriving....

The 1991 Twins team sucked most of April. How'd that work out for them?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

It ain't over 'til it's over, boys.

I'm not going to take the bait here, either.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Of course there is. It's way too early.

It's like going to bed during an election while people are still counting votes and expecting the numbers to be the same the next morning.