Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,029 of 1029

Thread: MLB 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Good hire by the Mets. They now seem to have plenty of good cards in their hand.

For the record, I have not rooted for the Mets since 1969 and I'm still waiting for my sister's boyfriend to pay me the $100 we bet on the World Series. Granted, I was only eight years old and knew nothing about baseball. But I did choose the winning team.
    The Mets are serious, and not just paying one player a zillion dollars and expecting him to be a savior. Hiring Showalter is a great move by them.

The only time I ever rooted for the Red Sox before this year when they played Houston, was in 1986 and we all know how that turned out. I paid up the bonus WS to my Met friend, but when the Yanks were winning 10+ years later, that Met fan didn't remember the WS bonus. That's why they haven't won since.

The eons are closing
    Dude - need his name.... gonna go fix that asap!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Dude - need his name.... gonna go fix that asap!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

In an interesting consequence from the MLB lockout, the Yankees' Zack Britton is technically not allowed to talk to his brother Buck, who manages Baltimore's AAA team.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally