Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2021

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    This new trend of inserting ads during quick stoppages of play of downright offensive.
    Yes, but this seemed far worse, as though some automated process was just playing ads with no regard as to whether the game was underway.

This new trend of inserting ads during quick stoppages of play of downright offensive.
    The advertising name on the pitching mound is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    That was not intentional, from what I could see, no matter how much the one announcer (can't recall who) whined about it. Plus, I'm pretty sure the batter can be there during the first half of the base path.

I checked in and out of that game and boy do those like like to talk a lot in the broadcast booth. I mean, take a freaking breath once in a while, will ya?
    How many players do you see run on the infield grass to get to first base. It was intentional and he even threw his shoulder over to hit the ball. He was out of the base line.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Sounded like an obscure rule but applied correctly.
    Indeed. My wife and I debated what the call should be. I was thinking either ground rule double or a single with a fielding error, which would allow 1 base advancement since it essentially bounced off the fielder and out of play.

It completely sucked for the Rays, but it was an excellent game.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    How many players do you see run on the infield grass to get to first base. It was intentional and he even threw his shoulder over to hit the ball. He was out of the base line.
    It doesn't matter how often it happens. It

I saw no movement of his shoulder. One of the broadcasters whined about it, but I saw nothing of the sort. The rule is that he doesn't need to be in the lane until he reaches the lane, which is half way down the line. Only if it's deemed by the umpire that there was intentional interference can the runner be called out.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I still don't get the five-game series in the first round. It's harder to win that than a seven-game series. You'd think MLB would at least go for the extra revenue by going seven games in round one.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Wow! Great series.

SF and LA flashing the leather to back up some great pitching. Really enjoyed tonights game.

And someone should send a tape to Cashman...

As much as I despise New England teams I'm glad the Red Sox won after the shit move Arozarena did after hitting a home run in game one. And it also negates talking about stealing home during the playoffs.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

What was this shit move he did? I must have missed it. I do think some of these players are becoming a bit too arrogant. I don't want MLB to turn into the NFL.

Booo, Red Sox!

There's an irony listening to Rays fans mewling about the ground rule double ruling, when, like, the Trop Dome...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    As much as I despise New England teams I'm glad the Red Sox won after the shit move Arozarena did after hitting a home run in game one. And it also negates talking about stealing home during the playoffs.
    Here are the video replays of what you are referencing. Can you indicate where in the video we are supposed to be seeing this?

Also, there will be no further talk of stealing home for the duration of the MLB playoffs? If a runner is on 3rd, it might get a little quiet in the booth.

^^ I see no shit move. What I see is a self-absorbed athlete thumping his chest to his teammates. I certainly saw nothing directed at the other team.

^^ I see no shit move. What I see is a self-absorbed athlete thumping his chest to his teammates. I certainly saw nothing directed at the other team.
    Same here.

I don't like the standing around admiring your homer, but almost everybody does that and it's been going on for a long time. It's always nice to see one drop in once in a while and the strutting, preening batter gets put out or stuck with only a single when they should have gotten extras. That's almost as good as when a receiver styles heading through the red zone and fumbles on his own accord.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    SeaWorld
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Booo, Red Sox!
    Thank you, thank you very much. Unbelievable. Last place to ALCS for the 2nd time in a decade.

Kind of rooting for an all Sox series next. I'm watching the Chicago game in delay right now.

And to make you more sad, report is Boone is probably sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

Why does this series go 5 games? Why do they not change that?

edit: what about the 1-game wild card.

What would be the ideal playoff structure?

Guys, move on.

Not fond of the level of grandstanding and attitude that seems to be increasing in frequency in baseball. In the end, it means nothing. And for the next few weeks, Arozarena can chest thump all he wants from the comfort of his own couch.

I have one team left to semi-root for.

go giants

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Guys, move on.
    Sure thing!

We know what we are dealing with. That's the important thing.

Braves.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    SOX!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.