Thread: MLB 2021

It was a bad send by Nevin but if Bogaerts doesn't throw that ball exactly where he did Judge might have sneaked his hand in. He was less than 2 feet from the plate when he got tagged. Xander made a perfect throw.

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    It was a bad send by Nevin but if Bogaerts doesn't throw that ball exactly where he did Judge might have sneaked his hand in. He was less than 2 feet from the plate when he got tagged. Xander made a perfect throw.
    Yes, that's their excuse, it took a perfect throw. And, another excuse is that, with Gallo up next, they didn't expect a hit. Both are pretty lame, IMNSHO. If Nevin didn't have a terrible track record of sending runners into outs at the plate, they might hold a little more water.

What is puzzling is the fact that the Red Sox chose to pitch to Stanton with the terrible Gallo batting behind him. When I saw that lineup, that was the first red flag. Gallo sucks donkey balls. Well, it was actually the second red flag, because Torres wasn't batting leadoff.

Just as puzzling was the fact they they didn't make Evaldi actually work for his outs. They were free-swinging. Not a good idea for a team that whiffs so much and walks a lot.

The whole season has been a litany of terrible moves both pre- and in-game.

Boone needs to go.

4-1/2 months until pitchers and catchers.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Exciting game! Go Dodgers!

I didn't watch the whole game alst night, but every time I checked in, it was 1-1 with a guy on first. I did see the final inning, though. Too bad the Dodgers won.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Teams Im rooting for are 0 for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    He's not their employee.
    Who employees him?

I didn't watch the whole game alst night, but every time I checked in, it was 1-1 with a guy on first. I did see the final inning, though. Too bad the Dodgers won.
    Enjoy your time off.

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    4-1/2 months until pitchers and catchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Who employees him?
    The radio station, WFAN.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

The radio station, WFAN.
    Thnx. Then the FAN should retire him

HATES working remotely on away games.
    Is this an MLB thing? Are all broadcasters working remotely for away games? I ask because the Phillies broadcasters did this, too, and it definitely affected the quality of their performance.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Is this an MLB thing? Are all broadcasters working remotely for away games? I ask because the Phillies broadcasters did this, too, and it definitely affected the quality of their performance.
    No, it's not league-wide, from what I understand. It just seems that some networks have decided they can save money by reducing travel. Certainly, safety is a consideration. But, as you know, money always comes first.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Go Giants!!!!!!

Go Dodgers!!!!!!

Go!!!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    For the love of God go!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    For the love of God go!
    religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    religion?

Not if you know me at all.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Looks like TB got screwed out of a run, but the Sox still scored 2 in the bottom of the inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Looks like TB got screwed out of a run, but the Sox still scored 2 in the bottom of the inning.
    They weren't crying when their batter ran on the grass to first to intentionally block the first baseman's throw home to get the runner. The umpire saw what the batter did and never called him out. These guys are as bad as NFL referees.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They weren't crying when their batter ran on the grass to first to intentionally block the first baseman's throw home to get the runner. The umpire saw what the batter did and never called him out. These guys are as bad as NFL referees.
    That was not intentional, from what I could see, no matter how much the one announcer (can't recall who) whined about it. Plus, I'm pretty sure the batter can be there during the first half of the base path.

I checked in and out of that game and boy do those like like to talk a lot in the broadcast booth. I mean, take a freaking breath once in a while, will ya?

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

MLB Network did the worst job presenting a game that I can ever remember seeing, cutting away from the game to show ads while the game was underway during almost every inning up until the 9th, and never showing replays of what we missed because they probably weren't even aware. It only stopped once they went into extra innings.
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 10-11-2021 at 10:37 AM.

This new trend of inserting ads during quick stoppages of play of downright offensive.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Sounded like an obscure rule but applied correctly.
    Ian

The ads are beyond annoying.

I can't recall which game it was (I think it was on Fox), but there was a close play at second base. It was fairly bang-bang. As I was awaiting the replays, they showed three of them, each of which had terrible angles on the play. It was like they were putting clever angles over the right ones. Of course, I expect nothing less from Fox.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie