Thread: MLB 2021

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn funny
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well Astros got some payback today with a major meltdown by the Yankees pen. Gave up 6 in the 9th. I'll keep my Boone bashing to myself today.

^^ That was pretty painful. I would put that squarely on Green, though. I might have left German in longer than Boone, but, Green was the hot hand, so it's a solid call on Boone's part.

Hey, they took two out of three in Houston and four out of six on the road trip. But, they lost a chance to go into the break with some momentum and meeting the Bosox after that. Then again, they have been good at killing momentum all season. So, nothing surprises me anymore.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

The eons are closing
    That's okay man....Edwin Diaz is a master of blowing the 3+ out save - always with one out to go.

Needed 5 outs today - got four.... cannot do the inning+

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    ^Yikes

Today the A's drafted SS Max Muncy, 9 years after drafting 1B Max Muncy (not related).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    ^Yikes

Today the A's drafted SS Max Muncy, 9 years after drafting 1B Max Muncy (not related).
    That was most amusing. It was pretty amazing the Sox ended up with Mayer when the dust settled. I wanted Leiter for sure, but this is an interesting development.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Unbelievable. I just started watching the Yankees and Astros on MLB and they already squeezed a split-screen commercial in between the FiRST TWO BATTERS.

Greed.
    Not at all a fan of this new "innovation."

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^Let’s hope Acuna’s knee is ok—that’s the only line that matters from that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    He's out for the season. Sorry to hear that. Welp, they're playing again this afternoon. Let's see if we choke and throw up on ourselves....lol
    This really sucks. My heart goes out to Acuna and to Braves fans. I hate seeing players - especially star players - have season-ending injuries. Just heartbreaking.

Wow. And it's not like that's a common name. They apparently share a birthday, too!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    That was one helluva performance. Liked when he basically told Boone to sit the f down. Cole was really fired up and he wasn't giving it to the pen to have it slip away. Did you see the shade Judge gave to the Astros rounding 3rd on his HR? He closed his uniform shirt like Altuva after he send the Yanks packing a few years ago. Great game with some spice!
    Cole had a great game in what’s been some otherwise pretty lackluster pitching for him of late. I’m sure the last month of others questioning his talent and his ethics lit a fire under his ass. It might have been good short term, but no one is going let their investment fire 130 pitches at the velocity he was anytime soon.

Judge has always been a shit talker and troll. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Judge has always been a shit talker and troll. Nothing new.
    That's a bit of a stretch. They guy is a class act and was relentlessly booed by the fans of a player who cheated his way to an MVP that Judge would likely have otherwise gotten. And, let's not forget that Judge was the first to congratulate the little cheater at the time through a tweet that has since been removed in light of the scandal.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

let's not forget that Judge was the first to congratulate the little cheater at the time through a tweet that has since been removed in light of the scandal.
    "has since been removed" -- by Judge, just in case that's not clear to anyone.

I may be a Yankee hater, but on the Judge shirt-tug!

The Phillies have not been good, and it's been a mighty struggle to just reach .500 at the break, but it's interesting to note that they've had the toughest schedule of the 1st half (based on current records) and the easiest schedule in the 2nd half.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Shohei Ohtani will be the AL's starting pitcher and leadoff hitter for tomorrow's All-Star Game.

After being the #1 seed in tonight's HR derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Shohei Ohtani will be the AL's starting pitcher and leadoff hitter for tomorrow's All-Star Game.

After being the #1 seed in tonight's HR derby.
    And a new all-star rule just for him will let him stay in the line up as the DH even after he is done pitching.

Meanwhile one of the ESPN loudmouths is upset because the #1 star in the Majors right now doesn't speak English.

That's a bit of a stretch. They guy is a class act and was relentlessly booed by the fans of a player who cheated his way to an MVP that Judge would likely have otherwise gotten. And, let's not forget that Judge was the first to congratulate the little cheater at the time through a tweet that has since been removed in light of the scandal.
    Judge seems like a good guy but him blasting "New York, New York" at Fenway in the playoffs three years ago didn't end up too well for him either. Wasn't the next game 16-1 Sox in NY? Altuve certainly had the last laugh yesterday.

Meanwhile one of the ESPN loudmouths is upset because the #1 star in the Majors right now doesn't speak English.
    Hardly a surprise.

If you haven't noticed, I loathe ESPN. They represent everything that's wrong with sportscasting.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Pete Alonso has earned more in his career from winning home run derbys (twice, for $1 million each) than he has from his actual salary ($1.47 million, total).

Fair point. I can empathize with the shirt tug moment.

^^ I watched some of it, but couldn't tolerate the coverage, unfortunately. Some of those guys looked pretty wiped out. It seems that some may pay for that in the second half, which is why some choose not to participate.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Lots of Tigers fans are up in arms over the draft. The Tigers had the #3 pick and went with pitcher Jackson Jobe over SS Marcelo Mayer or SS Jordan Lawler. Short Stop is an area where the team is sorely lacking both in the majors and minors and most thought that Mayer or Lawler would be the obvious pick if available. We'll see how it all plays out as Jobe could be a great one too, but a lot of hard core Tigers fans are not happy.

How about this Lopez kid. Record nine strike outs in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Lots of Tigers fans are up in arms over the draft. The Tigers had the #3 pick and went with pitcher Jackson Jobe over SS Marcelo Mayer or SS Jordan Lawler. Short Stop is an area where the team is sorely lacking both in the majors and minors and most thought that Mayer or Lawler would be the obvious pick if available. We'll see how it all plays out as Jobe could be a great one too, but a lot of hard core Tigers fans are not happy.
    They might be working on trade, though.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    How about this Lopez kid. Record nine strike outs in a row.
    Hell, I could do that....

... as a batter.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

The eons are closing
    oh god.... Buck is talking to the batter in ear while batter is in the box...as the pitch is coming!

new low....even for an 'exhibition'.
    That kind of distraction can get someone hurt

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower