Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Song/Video from Nad Sylvan

New Song/Video from Nad Sylvan

Here is a new song by Nad Sylvan from his upcoming new album "Spiritus Mundi" due for release on April 9th on the Inside Out label. I co-wrote the music with Nad and played the acoustic guitars. I also appear in a short vocal cameo. The words are by W.B. Yeats.

WOW!! This is excellent, I think one of his best so far.(I have the first two solo albums)
    Great collaboration between the two of you, as I'm also a big fan of your work as well.
    Looking forward to the album.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Shame no one else has commented on this release yet Andrew.
    Perhaps it would fit better in the new releases forum.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I thought people might be interested. I guess they would rather argue over Genesis or whatever... Thanks for listening and your kind words Top Cat.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    I thought people might be interested. I guess they would rather argue over Genesis or whatever... Thanks for listening and your kind words Top Cat.
    I'm interested. Very nice, big accomplishment. Congrats!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

It's really very melodic - nice instrumentation. The video itself is well produced. Great job!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

It's lovely, and usually I'm a bit meh on Sylvan's vocal style. I listened to it twice here and then went to buy the song immediately. Great work!
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Thank you Thomas and Mozo! One positive thing about an otherwise horrible pandemic was Nad had much more time to work on things. Usually, due to his heavy touring schedule with Steve Hackett, he has very limited time to work on his recordings and everything.

Thank you Thomas and Mozo! One positive thing about an otherwise horrible pandemic was Nad had much more time to work on things. Usually, due to his heavy touring schedule with Steve Hackett, he has very limited time to work on his recordings and everything.
    Your certainly welcome but the appreciation goes to you for creating such impressive music!

Thanks for sharing this! I liked that a lot. Looking forward to the whole album.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Go Nad!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I thought I'd posted earlier today - something went wrong! Oh, wait, I think that was on Nad's Facebook page.
    Very nice song and video, Andrew! Pretty catchy after two listens.

I thought people might be interested. I guess they would rather argue over Genesis or whatever...
    Well, that's PE for you...

Great song and video! Looking forward to the album!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

i listened to this song another two times since last post, and watched the video once. It's a GREAT song and video! My first favorite song of 2021! And Andrew, your part in the song and the video are both great.

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    Well, that's PE for you...

Great song and video! Looking forward to the album!
    Andrew, did you work on more than just this one song with Nad? And how, if I might ask, did it come about that you worked with him at all?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-31-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    i listened to this song another two times since last post, and watched the video once. It's a GREAT song and video! My first favorite song of 2021! And Andrew, your part in the song and the video are both great.

Andrew, did you work on more than just this one song with Nad? And how, if I might ask, did it come about that you worked with him at all?
    Thank you for your kind words! I co-wrote the whole album(except one of the CD bonus tracks which Nad wrote) and played guitar on every song and did some vocals and a few small keyboard bits. Nad sang 2 songs on my last album and he invited me to work with him on this one. All the songs on the new album are adaptions of Yeats poems.

Thank you for your kind words! I co-wrote the whole album(except one of the CD bonus tracks which Nad wrote) and played guitar on every song and did some vocals and a few small keyboard bits. Nad sang 2 songs on my last album and he invited me to work with him on this one. All the songs on the new album are adaptions of Yeats poems.
    Is it the Topaz EP that Nad sings on? Where can we buy that, since it's digital only? I can't find it on Bandcamp.

I had to take it down when Nad used one of the songs on his last album.

^ Hm, I got the impression his albums have been selling pretty well, so I guess that's good. Is any of your music for sale digitally?

You can get the CD version of Topaz Islands from Synphonic or directly from me . It has 78 minutes of music and includes both songs with Nad - Yeats' "Lake Isle of Innisfree" and a cover of Elton John's "60 Years On".
    Over the past few months I have been at work revising/remastering my back catalog for digital release on CD Baby. I have 9 titles ready so far and 4 more to go. I will eventually be releasing the Topaz EP in an expanded form later this year.

Here's a link to Apple music. They have the first 2 that CDBaby has released:

https://music.apple.com/us/artist/th...ree/1064702759
    Last edited by the winter tree; 02-01-2021 at 10:51 AM.

He also Plays on the Album by this Italian band

You can get the CD version of Topaz Islands from Synphonic or directly from me . It has 78 minutes of music and includes both songs with Nad - Yeats' "Lake Isle of Innisfree" and a cover of Elton John's "60 Years On".
    Over the past few months I have been at work revising/remastering my back catalog for digital release on CD Baby. I have 9 titles up so far and 4 more to go. I will eventually be releasing the Topaz EP in an expanded form later this year.
    Andrew we listened to Mr Sun Sunday evening, and for us, it's my favorite The Winter Tree album. And speaking of mixing/mastering, both of these are EXCELLENT on Mr Sun.
    The balance, eq, everything is perfect. It's overall warmth rivals any good vinyl album out there.
    Folks, if you're a fan of Alan Parsons, Tangerine Dream and good writing/performing, I highly recommend Mr Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Andrew we listened to Mr Sun Sunday evening, and for us, it's my favorite The Winter Tree album. And speaking of mixing/mastering, both of these are EXCELLENT on Mr Sun.
    The balance, eq, everything is perfect. It's overall warmth rivals any good vinyl album out there.
    Folks, if you're a fan of Alan Parsons, Tangerine Dream and good writing/performing, I highly recommend Mr Sun.
    Thank you Top Cat! The first 4 songs on Mr. Sun were mixed by Steve Piggot , a former keyboard player for 10cc and a much sought after mixing engineer. I met him through Alistair Gordon. The mixing makes a HUGE difference. Usually I have to do it and I am not a mixing engineer. I wish I could afford to have Mr. Piggot mix my whole back catalog ;-)

^ and the Mr. Sun album was mastered by Toby Mountain who, along with Bob Ludwig and others, was a pioneer of digital mastering. He did the remastering of the Bowie and Zappa catalogs for Rykodisc in the early 90s. Toby was also a big factor in the excellent sonics of Mr. Sun.

^ and the Mr. Sun album was mastered by Toby Mountain who, along with Bob Ludwig and others, was a pioneer of digital mastering. He did the remastering of the Bowie and Zappa catalogs for Rykodisc in the early 90s. Toby was also a big factor in the excellent sonics of Mr. Sun.
    wow, thanks for providing those details. You definitely went for the quality factor, especially considering you're a independent.
    Mixing and mastering other than the writing/recording and performance is really just as important in my opinion.
    I still get CD's or digital downloads from major well known artists which slam the mastering levels and are often too bright for my taste, but even your earlier albums have a nice rounded warm sound to them.
    I have all your back catalogue, so I'll probably pass on the remaster versions, cause they sound pretty darn good to me as they are.

Really looking forward to this release with Nad.

Somehow I missed this thread until now, but this is a very nice song. I like it a lot!

Very cool that you co-wrote with Nad for the album, Andrew. I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing when it comes out.

I was already a fan of Nad Sylvan, but now I've got to check out The Winter Tree too. I'm embarrassed to say I've not heard any of your music yet...