Thread: Meer- Playing House

Meer- Playing House

Released today. Norwegian, eight piece. Meer merges prog, classical, and Pop. Different sound.
    Male and Female lead vocals. Primary instruments guitar, violin, viola, keyboards, bass, and drums.
    Here's their Bandcamp link.

https://meer.bandcamp.com/
    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:13 AM.

I've played this one a couple of times for two weeks (got a promo). Really nice. It's a bit as if ELO would start recording today. It also has the melancholic vibe of bands like OAK and Choir Of Young Believers at times, but sometimes they burst into a James Bond-like bombastic song.

Really nice album , well worth a listen. Listening to it right now for the second time this evening

Just listened to this today. Liked it especially the woman singer.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Just listened to the single. I like it a lot.
    Prog's Not Dead

For lazy people, who don't want to listen to the whole Bandcamp-album, here's a 1 minute trailer:

I didn't realize this is the second album by MEER.
    In 2016 the debut was released: https://www.discogs.com/Meer-Meer/release/11617867

This is great! Might appeal to Bent Knee fans too.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Funny to discover the double-LP version contains a cover-version of Whitesnake's Here I Go Again.

By far the best song is the first one, "Picking Up the Pieces." A mix of Kansas, Saga, Hydra-era Toto, plus a female singer.

I absolutely love this album. Everyone should check it out!

Here's our album review:

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/al...playing-house/

The female singer, Johanne Kippersund, has a bit of "indie girl voice" in her inflections, but not as bad as that meme.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Really like the album, it is now making its way to me from Norway. BTW, the Whitesnake cover is really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Really like the album, it is now making its way to me from Norway. BTW, the Whitesnake cover is really well done.
    Don't be surprised the package will come from Spain. This email I received from the label:

(...) yes, most of our customers overseas get the orders shipped from Spain. This is because of the expensive tracked shipping cost from Norway. We do ship from Norway to Norwegian customers, or if our warehouse in Spain is out of stock.

Regards,
    Ronnie André Johannessen Dahl
    Karisma & Dark Essence Records

Here's the closing track from the first MEER-album, released in 2016. The song is called Valentina In The Sky.

https://soundcloud.com/meer-band/valentina-in-the-sky-1

This is on heavy rotation... Love it

Always enjoy them on Prog Mill but have never taken the time to listen to any albums.

FYI, Karisma Records has both first and recent albums for cheaper shipping than Bandcamp.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    FYI, Karisma Records has both first and recent albums for cheaper shipping than Bandcamp.
    Bandcamp doesn't do any shipping but they are either shipped by Karisma or by the artist themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Bandcamp doesn't do any shipping but they are either shipped by Karisma or by the artist themselves.
    Sure, that wasn't a knock at Bandcamp, who I use very often. With this particular CD, the shipping was going to be ~$20 on Bandcamp, but I got both for about $8 directly through Karisma. Just a note if others (likely NA) are balking at the shipping cost of the physical CD.