Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: JETHRO TULL: "A" deluxe "A La Carte" 5-disc book set on the way

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    Wow, was this person on PE or another place? What was their username?
    I like to know who to avoid.
    No, he's not here on PE, thankfully.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    No, he's not here on PE, thankfully.
    That's good. I recently had a run in on Facebook with a former PE member who was banned from PE, and I want to avoid any other people like that.
    Sometimes the more I interact with people on the internet about music, the less I want to interact with people on the internet about music.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    That's good. I recently had a run in on Facebook with a former PE member who was banned from PE, and I want to avoid any other people like that.
    Sometimes the more I interact with people on the internet about music, the less I want to interact with people on the internet about music.
    Fortunatly 95 percent are PE posters are reasonable.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Now there's a quote. So true. This morning I posted a review on social media after working hard at it for several days. Immediately someone pounced on the one line they disagreed with (after misinterpreting it, naturally) and ignored the rest of it. Last week, we had a full interview feature lifted entirely from our site and shamelessly re-posted on someone else's blog with all formatting and the author's name removed. Thankless stuff sometimes, I tell ya. It can be hard to get motivated to do these things for people when so many people flat-out suck.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Now there's a quote. So true. This morning I posted a review on social media after working hard at it for several days. Immediately someone pounced on the one line they disagreed with (after misinterpreting it, naturally) and ignored the rest of it. Last week, we had a full interview feature lifted entirely from our site and shamelessly re-posted on someone else's blog with all formatting and the author's name removed. Thankless stuff sometimes, I tell ya. It can be hard to get motivated to do these things for people when so many people flat-out suck.
    I give permission to use that quote hahaha.

That is really lame.
    I do YouTube videos of music, and lately I have not cared enough to do any. Not because I am not interested in the music, but I'm not interested in online opinions lately...even the ones who agree.

less than 2 weeks to go

Another interview with Ian:

https://theprogressiveaspect.net/blo...et-a-a-la-mode

Here's a quote the Broadsword lovers will be pleased with...

Steven is world-renowned for being able to do that and, being a music fan and a great fan of that era of progressive and classic rock, he’s the man for the job. He is about to embark on yet another (remix) for us. He always said he would finish at the end of the seventies but he is going to work on the Broadsword album from 1982 as the next project. He will, as always, fire at me some rough fader-up mixes and say ‘What do you think about this?’”

Steven is world-renowned for being able to do that and, being a music fan and a great fan of that era of progressive and classic rock, he’s the man for the job. He is about to embark on yet another (remix) for us. He always said he would finish at the end of the seventies but he is going to work on the Broadsword album from 1982 as the next project. He will, as always, fire at me some rough fader-up mixes and say ‘What do you think about this?’”

I'm probably alone in that I think Broadsword is the last excellent album JT ever did. Under Wraps and Crest of a Knave are about 1/2 okay when I'm in the right mood and everything after that is bleah, except "Another Christmas Song," which I love.

I remember not being impressed with Roots to Branches when I heard it, but maybe one day I'll give that another chance, based on people's enthusiasm around here.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

^ I more or less agree with you, but then I really haven't heard much of any Tull after the 80s.

I've said it before, but I really hope they record real drums for Under Wraps

I've said it before, but I really hope they record real drums for Under Wraps
    Nah keep the drums and remix them. Will sound good except for Luxury, Wraps 1 and Heat lol

For those here who do like these 'unboxing' videos, this one might interest you.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Amazon just emailed me to say about a 5 or 7 day delay with shipping. I'm expecting more delays.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I think it's the last great Tull album as well

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    For those here who do like these 'unboxing' videos, this one might interest you.
    I’m not gonna watch some other guy fondle my girl...I mean, deluxe edition!

CDE660DC-E6EE-4D71-B03B-62823E0C4B43.jpg

“Dr. Zaius is my favorite! He's the only one I give my consent to to fondle me. The rest of you are going to be Cancelled!"

Now,now - these are my friends, show them a good time! Who's a dirty box then?

Ok, it just got weird, didn't it?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 04-11-2021 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    CDE660DC-E6EE-4D71-B03B-62823E0C4B43.jpg

“Dr. Zaius is my favorite!”
    Say, isn't that your favorite postman on the right side of the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Say, isn't that your favorite postman on the right side of the cover?
    Maybe Ian’s “Zealots” album is about Eddie’s Zealots Club.

a 5 disc deluxe of A.... really?

how's Ian's health, any news about his cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post

Unfortunately, he died last week. The current, so-called "Ian" is a stand-in.

Actually Anderson is gone and has been replaced by an alien cunningly disguised - the A reissue is their way to infiltrate our society.

Their idea of what's popular may be a little off.

Again with the cancer?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I remember around the time of SFTW hearing on the radio that it was his 30th birthday and thinking, he looks more like 50.

Now that he's 73, he looks 73.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I remember around the time of SFTW hearing on the radio that it was his 30th birthday and thinking, he looks more like 50.

Now that he's 73, he looks 73.
    He looked like 73 at 20, he's finally caught up. unnamed.jpg
    Last edited by BarryLI; 04-11-2021 at 09:58 AM.