Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: JETHRO TULL: "A" deluxe "A La Carte" 5-disc book set on the way

So glad to see people's copies arriving! Seems the rollout of this one went much smoother than with Stormwatch.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Out for delivery!

i might have been helped out by the fact that Amazon already has one warehouse right near me in Windsor CT with a second one being built in the same town. this may have something to do with the quick deliveries i've been getting for the last few years and why i usually stick with Amazon when i buy stuff.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Mine is scheduled for delivery next Wednesday, considering the under $30 price from Import CD's I'm sure I can wait for my prize, I mean I have heard it before, mostly, 40 years ago, lol.

According to the notification from Amazon, it should be waiting for me when I get home from work.

I've listened to a few tracks and I'm doing an A/B comparison with the original release. The new Wilson mix strikes me as a lot more open. My favorite song from the album for the past 40 years has been "And Further On." It sounds wonderful on the new release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Amazon stated that the parcel could not be delivered and was so canceld. It still was in my mail box today! :-)
    This happened to be me recently for a non-music item. In addition to receiving the product, I received a refund!
    Last edited by jefftiger; 04-16-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Mine is scheduled for delivery next Wednesday, considering the under $30 price from Import CD's I'm sure I can wait for my prize, I mean I have heard it before, mostly, 40 years ago, lol.
    You can't fondle memories...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You can't fondle memories...
    Thought you said "mammaries"...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    According to the notification from Amazon, it should be waiting for me when I get home from work.
    That's the way! It should wait at home for you to come home from work and fondle it, like a good woman...I mean, Box Set.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    I've listened to a few tracks and I'm doing an A/B comparison with the original release. The new Wilson mix strikes me as a lot more open. My favorite song from the album for the past 40 years has been "And Further On." It sounds wonderful on the new release.
    A poster at SHF says that he can hear acoustic guitar on that track that he's never noticed before. My copy hasn't arrived, but I just listened to that track from the old CD and can't detect it. An Anderson/Black production decision reversed 40 years later by Wilson, perhaps?

Having bought the original vinyl and the first version of the CD, I'm glad that I never got around to picking up the A/Slipstream remaster in the interim. I also may have had a really crappy dub of Slipstream on VHS that I may have made when I may have rented the Beta videocassette back in the mid-late 80s, but it was only for emergency backup purposes as far as the FBI and Interpol need to know. It will be nice to see it in all its standard definition glory on DVD after all this time.
    Last edited by Dave (in MA); 04-16-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    got mine this morning just before noon eastern. haven't opened it yet..
    That's the idea! The fondling process -- or should I say, "art" -- should ideally begin with the box set still in its virgin state. Occasionally we desire a box-set that is more of a "tramp" and has been used before. Sometimes, countless times, and she is so experienced that she can teach YOU a trick or two! Still, a box set that has been used like that can never become more than a plaything, to be re-shelved for long periods until desire strikes, when it can be used and once again relegated to the shelf. I have many such concubines, but those can never really be more than objects to me.

Let us know once you've "taken her" and made her yours. On second thought, better not.

I'm joking of course, these are all Mr. Hyde's words, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    A poster at SHF says that he can hear acoustic guitar on that track that he's never noticed before. My copy hasn't arrived, but I just listened to that track from the old CD and can't detect it. An Anderson/Black production decision reversed 40 years later by Wilson, perhaps?
    Wow, the poster on SHF is correct! Some weird things happen in the new mix of "And Further On" at around 1:15.

JETHRO TULL: "A" deluxe "A La Carte" 5-disc book set on the way

She’s arrived, and more beautiful than I could have imagined! And still “intact.”

I’ll be back in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by UnephenStephen View Post
    got mine this morning just before noon eastern. haven't opened it yet..
    Are you going to carry it around for days and days? Will you play little games, like not looking at it for a whole day, and then, looking at it to see if you still like it?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Are you going to carry it around for days and days? Will you play little games, like not looking at it for a whole day, and then, looking at it to see if you still like it?
    And spanking it?

I'm starting to think Jed's boxes come with a Fleshlight and I want to know why none of mine had one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    [A] smelled better when I opened the shrink wrap on the vinyl 40 years ago than when I did the same for this set.

Mine arrived at 8:00 this morning. I'm waiting until I crack a beer to break the seal on this bad boy. I figured a beer at 8:00 would be frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I Did!! or will.

Unevensong - Camel

Put this little sucker in a pair of nylons and start swinging it around. You'll have the Prog answer to a chain mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Mine arrived at 8:00 this morning. I'm waiting until I crack a beer to break the seal on this bad boy. I figured a beer at 8:00 would be frowned upon.
    Us guys in the Cheap Seats (ImportCD) have to wait till next Wednesday!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Strangely, Amazon was good on their word and it was on the front porch at 9:4pm when we went out to walk the dogs before bed.

I don't care for pink, but I like this.

I have listened to the first 2 CDs and I have to say that Wilson has done a great job again. The original album sounds so much clearer with lots of details evident that I hadn't noticed before. The live show is great too, and probably the best sounding of the bonus live discs so far in this series IMHO.

i found that for the DVD of the concert, the best sound came from the DTS mix. but i was playing it on my tv through my dvd player since i don't have a proper stereo for the CD. i was disappointed though that the concert was in audio only, no video. i mean in that case it's really no different than the CD.

Unevensong - Camel