Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aquaserge - Any news or updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Naytheet View Post
    I sent them a message on their fb page see if there's any other way to get it
    It's literally like 6 quid for a CD - 20 quid for vinyl - to ship outside the UK. Insane.
    Artist formerly known as Phlakaton

It doesn't count as "news", except to me, but I just discovered that Aquaserge have tracks on two tribute albums:

- a cover of The Supermen on an album called We Were So Turned On: A Tribute to David Bowie (2010)

- a cover of 10:15 Saturday Night on album called Perfect as Cats: A Tribute to the Cure (2008)

I generally can't be bothered with this type of hodgepodge album, and we're obviously talking early Aquaserge here, but I am at least mildly intrigued.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Naytheet View Post
    I sent them a message on their fb page see if there's any other way to get it
    They told me it will be available there in English shops on October the 15th.

Certainly, together with a new Ghost Rhythms, one of my most anticipated releases for the rest of the year. Go French! (except in football)

The album is now out and streaming in full:

Listening now. Exceptional.

Bandcamp Profile

^^ Sweet!

Hate doing this, but I just bought the CD from Amazon UK rather than Bandcamp. Free delivery tomorrow, as opposed to £10.42 for delivery at some point in the future.

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Hate doing this, but I just bought the CD from Amazon UK rather than Bandcamp. Free delivery tomorrow, as opposed to £10.42 for delivery at some point in the future.
    With shipping I dont blame ya - nasty business right now - I wanted to get a shirt from the UK to here in Texas - 25 quid!! No thanks.

Loving this rekkid after one spin.

Ordered without listening to a note. They've long earned auto-buy status with me.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

It didn't click after the first listen. Must try again soon.

Just finished my 3th spin; love it! A great collection of moods and sounds. Very different from what they've done before but all the more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Just finished my 3th spin; love it! A great collection of moods and sounds. Very different from what they've done before but all the more interesting.
    You can hear them in there - their sound is present but yeah - so different. Quite a journey. Dig it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    It didn't click after the first listen. Must try again soon.
    I did it late at night in headphones. Its a fascinating listen just based on pure "sound" but equally their most challenging listen imo. I can see this one polarizing even the most ardent Aquaserge fans but its a bold statement.

There is a complete divorce with pop sounds of earlier records. I fully approve of the new turn, it is an exciting and daring affair. That said I still don't know if I really like all of it. The Ligeti tunes are somewhat far from my own taste. The Varese or Feldman not so. Overall it is a must listen and congratulations to Aquaserge for taking the path less travelled.

I have listened this new one twice so far. I like it! It is too early to tell but it might best album they have done.
    "A waste of talent and electricity." John Peel on ELP