Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1832

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

^ The name of the bar is The Thirsty Parrot. Very near to the baseball stadium and the basketball arena.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The name of the bar is The Thirsty Parrot. Very near to the baseball stadium and the basketball arena.
    They've earned my business next time I'm anywhere even close to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ The name of the bar is The Thirsty Parrot.
    . Sounds like a saloon you'd find in Key West.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    My prog bud needs to unload two tix to the Dec. 15 Genesis show at the Boston Garden. The seats are in section 303, Row 10, two seats on the aisle. He paid $375 for both of them, but will let the pair go for $200. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    That is certainly unexpected. “Dusk” is a beautiful song too, that doesn’t get enough love IMO.
    In the bar area before the show started last time I saw Genesis (2007)they were playing the Calling All Stations album. I really got the feeling that I was just about the only one who recognized it.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    In the bar area before the show started last time I saw Genesis (2007)they were playing the Calling All Stations album. I really got the feeling that I was just about the only one who recognized it.
    Not surprising! Lots of people are expecting to hear Phil Collins solo stuff as that is what they're most familiar with!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    My prog bud needs to unload two tix to the Dec. 15 Genesis show at the Boston Garden. The seats are in section 303, Row 10, two seats on the aisle. He paid $375 for both of them, but will let the pair go for $200. PM me if interested.
    Great deal! Wish I could make it to Boston from Ottawa.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Very good show tonight in Philadelphia. No real big surprises but I think the band did a fine job. It's too bad if this really is their last tour but I honestly can't see them doing another one especially with Phil's condition (which was admittedly a bit sad to see). However, he seemed to be having a lot of fun and really enjoyed himself. It's obvious singing these old songs is what he loves doing and you can't not respect that. The show of course was 80 percent pop hits and 20 percent prog nuggets (if that)but that's ok. The woman in front of me probably wouldn't be able to figure out why I was screaming when certain SEBTP tracks came on but too bad. The only bad thing for me was shelling out 50 dollars for a t shirt but I really couldn't not get one.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

I almost wish they'd waited to film the DVD on this US tour. Sounds like Phil is better than the Europe shows.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I almost wish they'd waited to film the DVD on this US tour. Sounds like Phil is better than the Europe shows.
    Seems like it judging by the reviews.
    Do you know for a fact that one of the UK shows was filmed for a DVD release?

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Seems like it judging by the reviews.
    Do you know for a fact that one of the UK shows was filmed for a DVD release?
    no, I don't have any credible info, other than I believe someone mentioned in the thread during the European gig.
    Then there were the Youtube fan videos that show the camera moving as the band played.
    Plus, I haven't heard anyone mention they were filming during any of the US shows thus far.

I think there are 2 schools of thought about whether to film a DVD early in the tour or towards the end.
    If you go too early, the band hasn't quite gotten the bugs worked out yet, and if you go late or at the end, people are tired, they've played the songs a kazillion times, but they are tight. The other danger is your vocalist's voice is tired and can't hit the same notes they did early in the tour.

Wasn't the Genesis Live in Rome DVD really early in the tour?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

Wasn't the Genesis Live in Rome DVD really early in the tour?
    No, it was the final date of the European leg.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    No, it was the final date of the European leg.
    cool, thanks.

They film every show for the screens behind them. Can that video be used to make a DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    They film every show for the screens behind them. Can that video be used to make a DVD?
    If they are recording, yes. If they are just up for the live feed to the screens for the show on that day, then no.

Neil

It looked like they filmed the Leeds gig but it will need lots of editing! Collins sounded dodgy and forgot the lyrics, even with his teleprompter

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    It looked like they filmed the Leeds gig but it will need lots of editing! Collins sounded dodgy and forgot the lyrics, even with his teleprompter
    I wasn’t aware he used one, I thought he had lyric sheets on his table .

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    I wasn’t aware he used one, I thought he had lyric sheets on his table .
    It is Rufus after all. Take it with a grain of salt.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So tomorrow I go to the Genesis show at MSG! It's like the 80s never ended!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    So tomorrow I go to the Genesis show at MSG! It's like the 80s never ended!
    Please post a review if you want. I was at the Philly show on Friday night and it was very good.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Please post a review if you want. I was at the Philly show on Friday night and it was very good.
    I'll post something. I've avoided watching any clips or reading peoples' write-ups much at all, so there should be some surprises for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'll post something. I've avoided watching any clips or reading peoples' write-ups much at all, so there should be some surprises for me.
    Same here. There was a few things I knew they would play. Of course there was a bonehead standing in line who was trying to be clever in his use of spoilers. I should have clocked him one.

Just got back from the show ….. thoroughly enjoyable. 2021 Phil isn’t 2007 Phil, but the backup singers integrate well and he’s as disarmingly charming as ever. Of course, I’m 14 years older also and my back was aching after standing for most of the show. Setlist was mostly predictable with a couple of nice surprise mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Just got back from the show ….. thoroughly enjoyable. 2021 Phil isn’t 2007 Phil, but the backup singers integrate well and he’s as disarmingly charming as ever. Of course, I’m 14 years older also and my back was aching after standing for most of the show. Setlist was mostly predictable with a couple of nice surprise mixed in.
    Awesome - Night 2 tonight! I saw the footage of The Lamb from Night 1 and it was so cool seeing New York scream "On broooooodway" together. With Phil giving the thumbs up and a big grin right after!

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    You know, I had to sit down for about half of the show myself because of back problems. It's because of that that I wish I had seats on the side and not on the floor. Still, it was a thoroughly enjoyable show.

Anyway, I got the feeling that 75 percent of the audience wasn't familiar with the proggy stuff and when they played that stuff (such as cinema show)that's when a lot of people seemed to get up to go to the bathroom. There's definitely a side to the band that a lot of people don't seem to understand(not us of course).
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 12-06-2021 at 02:20 PM.