Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1832

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Harmonium, Fiori/Séguin, Maneige, Klaatu, ExCubus, Morse Code, Sloche, Pollen, Dionysos, Offenbach, Conventum, Nathan Mahl, Ere G, Mystery, Huin, Visible Wind, L'Engoulevent, Miriodor, Opus 5...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ...Neil Young, The Band (half), Mystery, John Kaye and Steppenwolf, Robbie Robertson, Daniel Lanois. Klatu...
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I come back here and I have no idea what's happening. Something about Canada.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    And Banks checking his mail. I feel that shouldn't be glossed over.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

It is our custom for Canadian Thanksgiving to proclaim our artists randomly onto message board threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Rush, BTO, Max Webster, FM, April Wine, ...
    The Box

Can't believe Jane Siberry not mentioned!

Bob & Doug McKenzie

Et Cetera...

William Shatner
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Surely you can't forget Leslie Nielsen.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    And Banks checking his mail. I feel that shouldn't be glossed over.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Just change the US flag in your avatar to the Canadian flag.

Had a ticket for tonight's show,
    Went to see Ricky Gervais instead, oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Just change the US flag in your avatar to the Canadian flag.
    You mean the Maple Leaf Rag?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Had a ticket for tonight's show,
    Went to see Ricky Gervais instead, oh well...
    Are you havin' a laugh? Is he havin' a laugh???

I have tickets to see them two nights in Chicago, late November, and poked my nose into this board very carefully, curious for a little insight on how the shows have been but also wanting to avoid spoiling the set list as much as possible. Guess I needn't have worried?

I bought tickets for a couple of shows in London before the whole pandemic thing blew up and have had trouble selling them... the impression in the media seems to be that Phil Collins is a little mummy who gets wheeled out in a chair, which seems to be hurting the resale. How accurate that is I dunno, guess I'll find out.

^ Glad you're here, EBES, hope you stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    I have tickets to see them two nights in Chicago, late November, and poked my nose into this board very carefully, curious for a little insight on how the shows have been but also wanting to avoid spoiling the set list as much as possible. Guess I needn't have worried?

I bought tickets for a couple of shows in London before the whole pandemic thing blew up and have had trouble selling them... the impression in the media seems to be that Phil Collins is a little mummy who gets wheeled out in a chair, which seems to be hurting the resale. How accurate that is I dunno, guess I'll find out.
    Welcome aboard.

I'm one of the skeptical ones here, regarding this tour. Absolutely no interest at all. But most of the reviews that I've seen have been pretty positive.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post

I have tickets to the Detroit show. Just out of curiosity I went into Ticketmaster last week and there were still plenty of tickets available. I am guessing resale is going to be tough unless you sell them at a discount since there are so many regular priced tix available. I think they just priced themselves higher than the market will bear as I know quite a few people who balked due to the ticket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I think they just priced themselves higher than the market will bear as I know quite a few people who balked due to the ticket prices.
    The cost of living has gone up and that takes precedence over a show. I don't go to Broadway shows either because they are more than overpriced.

The cost of living has gone up and that takes precedence over a show. I don't go to Broadway shows either because they are more than overpriced.
    Something about one man's ceiling might apply because somebody's going.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Something about one man's ceiling might apply because somebody's going.
    This is true. I'm frugal.

I'm glad the ticket prices were obscenely high for the Chicago shows. Otherwise I would have actually bought a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    That's both you and I. But Banks checks his with typical British reserve. When he sees the package he's been waiting for has arrived, the corners of his mouth twitch almost imperceptibly into a hint of a smirk.
    Ha!