Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    So it looks like they'll just be doing the same songs they always do. Does anyone know why they rarely if ever do "your own special way?" I know a lot of prog fans hate it but I would think that would be a song with some appeal to those who are less "prog snobby."
    That's assuming this new "Best of" CD represents the set list for this tour, which we just don't know yet.

I don't expect them to pull out "Supper's Ready", but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about what they're going to play either.

Did anyone pick up on the fact that the press blurb states the tour will feature a majority of material from the PG era? That's news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    What's the point in such a release? Surely the record buying public has most if not all these songs already? To convert a newer generation of fans ? They're not buying physical products anymore and will most likely use streaming sites. I really don't get who this is aimed at. As a fan, I'm definitely not buying this.
    Yup, thought exactly the same thing. My sons, 18 and 16, have literally not bought a physical CD in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Did anyone pick up on the fact that the press blurb states the tour will feature a majority of material from the PG era? That's news to me.
    While that would be awesome ….. seems unlikely LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Yup, thought exactly the same thing. My sons, 18 and 16, have literally not bought a physical CD in their lives.
    LOL, same here. When my older son demonstrated interest in my music I started sending him CDs for his birthday, Xmas, etc. He'd always receive them with an attitude of like "Oh, uh... thanks. I guess." Later I learned he never really had a place to store them and as soon as he copied the files off of them he'd sell them or give them away.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Greatest Hits? Brilliant. I'm betting every single person attending your upcoming shows knows exactly who you are, what you sound like, have their handful of favorites memorized, and will never need to buy this new Greatest Hits compilation.

That's exactly what the world needs, Genesis and management. Thanks so much for putting out another Great Hits compilation.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

^^^ I'm really surprised that Genesis didn't put the effort into releasing a new song or three in front of the tour. Especially to add it to another Greatest Hits compilation. They are not getting any new fans with the tour and if you've been hanging around for 14 years since the last last tour, you have all of the old songs.
    Last edited by Tangram; 07-31-2021 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    I'm really surprised that Genesis didn't put the effort into releasing a new song or three in front of the tour. Especially to add it to another Greatest Hits compilation. They are not getting any new fans with the tour and if you've been hanging around for 14 years since the last last tour, you have all of the old songs.
    Correct! The UK dates are far from sold out! There dosnt appear to be much interest even with TV ads!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Correct! The UK dates are far from sold out! There dosnt appear to be much interest even with TV ads!
    The Brits are holding out for the Spice Girls reunion.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Brits are holding out for the Spice Girls reunion.
    I wanna really, really, really wanna slipperman, ah!

I think it's obvious that this new compilation is not intended for the hardcore fans who already have most (or all) of the albums. I won't be buying it because I already have all the studio albums, box sets, and greatest hits compilations. If it doesn't interest you or if you don't need it, then don't buy it. Simple.

As a fan, I'm glad to see them at least trying to keep some form of a greatest hits collection available to the general public for folks who might know a few songs but have never bought anything by them. I hope it results in some new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    The Leeds show I have tickets to didn't have many available seats left, last time I checked.

Don't you ever get tired of constantly bashing Genesis and Phil Collins? Surely there are better things to spend your time on, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I think it's obvious that this new compilation is not intended for the hardcore fans who already have most (or all) of the albums. I won't be buying it because I already have all the studio albums, box sets, and greatest hits compilations. If it doesn't interest you or if you don't need it, then don't buy it. Simple.

As a fan, I'm glad to see them at least trying to keep some form of a greatest hits collection available to the general public for folks who might know a few songs but have never bought anything by them. I hope it results in some new fans.
    I think many people are disappointed in the fact that while they do nothing with the extensive archive that they're sitting on, they rehash greatest hits albums. I can sympathize with that.
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I think many people are disappointed in the fact that while they do nothing with the extensive archive that they're sitting on, they rehash greatest hits albums. I can sympathize with that.
    So can I. But after all these years of waiting, I've given up on those ever coming out.

I don't know what kind of work would be involved in making those available/presentable so I can't really comment. But it wouldn't be an insignificant job. And I don't know how big an audience there is for them anymore. PE only represents a fraction.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm still really excited about the November Genesis show in Montreal. I'll take what I can get. My biggest worry is the fourth wave and how that might impact on a huge show at the Bell Centre in Montreal.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm still really excited about the November Genesis show in Montreal. I'll take what I can get. My biggest worry is the fourth wave and how that might impact on a huge show at the Bell Centre in Montreal.
    Same here.

The “new stereo mixes” on the oldest tracks on the compilation give me hope that there will be properly mixed releases of the vintage albums at some point, as the 2007 ones were so problematic.

^^^^^ Post of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    ^^^^^ Post of the year
    It really is quite brilliant. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post

The press release states to get ready for their upcoming 2021/2022 tour.

Does that mean another leg next Spring too?

Track listing for The Last Domino? Compilation
    CD1

1.Dukes End
    2.Turn It On Again
    3.Mama
    4.Land Of Confusion
    5.Home By The Sea
    6.Second Home By The Sea
    7.Fading Lights
    8.The Cinema Show
    9.Afterglow
    10.Hold On My Heart
    11.Jesus He Knows Me
    12.That's All
    13.The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
    14.In Too Deep
    15.Follow You Follow Me

CD2
    1.Duchess
    2.No Son Of Mine
    3.Firth Of Fifth
    4.I Know What I Like
    5.Domino Medley
    6.Throwing It All Away
    7.Tonight, Tonight, Tonight
    8.Invisible Touch
    9.I Can’t Dance
    10.Dancing With The Moonlight Knight
    11.Carpet Crawlers
    12.Abacab

They have the old and the newer mixed together. Kind of like Pink Floyd’s Echoes

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    They have the old and the newer mixed together. Kind of like Pink Floyd’s Echoes
    Just doesn't work. You just can't mix music from the 70s with stuff from the 80s, it just sounds so different. The only way would be in chronological order, to document the band's evolution.

**They have the old and the newer mixed together. Kind of like Pink Floyd’s Echoes**

that's not right mixing it up like that. CDi should be PG, CD2 the pop trio.