Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

^ Everything they did on that tour was the first time in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    There was a clip of 'Land Of Confusion' a few weeks back, now seemingly in the key of B minor. Hmm.
    When I saw them in '92 it had been lowered, but I don't know what key that is. Is this 2021 version even lower than that? That song really does need the 'angry young man' shouting that Phil did so well in his heyday IMO.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Wasn't that pretty much what they did in 2007?
    Kinda but not really - things outta order, Duchess missing, Guide vocal etc.

Do it like 1980.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Although I've loved this band for more than 40 years, I can't justify spending the money to see them live. It's not a good use of funds. Maybe if they do a live stream of one show or something I'll buy that.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Everything they did on that tour was the first time in awhile.
    That’s true!

No. Can. Do.

I could buy a lot of vinyl with the price of two tickets.

Now if I was in a different financial situation...

(It will be a great show and I envy all who get to experience it.)
    The Prog Corner

Banned
    I’ll buy the bluray and definitely go to anymore Steve Hackett shows such as:

We are very pleased to announce that all the USA dates hit by the Covid-19 pandemic have now been rescheduled for 2022.
    06 April, 2022 - Whitaker Centre, Harrisburg, PA, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    08 April, 2022 - Scottish Rite, Collingswood, NJ, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    09 April, 2022 - Scottish Rite, Collingswood, NJ, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    14 April, 2022 - Carolina Theatre, Durham, NC, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    16 April, 2022 - The Variety Playhouse, Atlanta, GA, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    19 April, 2022 - Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, Ponte Vedra, FL, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    20 April, 2022 - Plaza Live, Orlando, FL, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    22 April, 2022 - Bilheimer Capitol Theatre, Clearwater, FL, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)
    23 April, 2022 - Parker Playhouse, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US - TICKETS (Existing tickets valid)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    When I saw them in '92 it had been lowered, but I don't know what key that is. Is this 2021 version even lower than that? That song really does need the 'angry young man' shouting that Phil did so well in his heyday IMO.
    Yes, you're right. In the 90s and 2007 it was lowered to C# (or Db, depending who you ask- same thing) minor. It's been lowered again so it's now massively different from the original. Listen here.

I love the band but I have a feeling this is simply one tour too many. I really hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by JJ88; 05-04-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Yes, you're right. In the 90s and 2007 it was lowered to C# (or Db, depending who you ask- same thing) minor. It's been lowered again so it's now massively different from the original.
    So they previously had lowered it by a whole step, and now they've lowered it by another whole step. Yikes.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

^Exactly. Getting to Ian Anderson territory.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    No not really. The only medley from 2007 was when “In The Cage” segued into the second half of “Cinema Show”, and then led into “Duke’s Travels”. They actually played Cage in its entirety too.

They also brought back Ripples for the first time in a while, from what I understand.
    2007 had a much better set than I had anticipated. It wasn't just a 'play the hits' tour.

'Ripples' is probably my favourite Genesis song.

Being an Islander season ticket holder I was offered luxury seats at Belmont Arena (regular seats with free food), the price per ticket was $500, I passed.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Being an Islander season ticket holder I was offered luxury seats at Belmont Arena (regular seats with free food), the price per ticket was $500, I passed.
    And the Islanders weren't even performing while sitting on chairs.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    They should do the fuxking Duke Suite; a medley of some Gabe tunz, the post Duke trio era hitz and call it a wrap.

That would be awesome but I think they tapped into Duke as deeply as they are going to in 2007... just my hunch... although that first rehearsal clip for this tour is all Behind the Lines so who knows... what would be cool at least to me would be to play Please Don't Ask from Duke. Never played live by them!

Wasn't that pretty much what they did in 2007?
    They opened with a Duke medley of Behind the lines/Dukes Travels and Turn it On Again but not the whole suite. They added the Duke's End bit to the Cage medley.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Barry, was that the only option they offered you? That is crazy... unless the food is from Jean-Georges, Daniel Boulud or Danny Meyer! Interesting to see what the face value is for the best non package seats... I'm guessing $275-$325 range...I'd hate to think it would be more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Barry, was that the only option they offered you? That is crazy... unless the food is from Jean-Georges, Daniel Boulud or Danny Meyer! Interesting to see what the face value is for the best non package seats... I'm guessing $275-$325 range...I'd hate to think it would be more than that.
    My seats are located in section 104 (or will be when they install them, haha), it's lower center ice, the premium section is right across from us, I know there is a $100 per seat upcharge ostensibly for all the arena dogs you can eat (no spirits) and maybe an extra inch of seat to plant your behind, that's the section where the Genesis seats were offered. To me it's insane, it's the exact same game view from the opposite side of the arena but an extra $400 for a party of 4, I mean how much crap food can you eat? To make things better those seats were sold with multiple-year contracts, 3, 5, 7, or 10 years a go, there was nothing less than a 3 year commitment and the price rose every year but less steeply the longer you went out. They offered 4 center sections for Genesis (on the side), I picked the one closest to the stage, that was the $500 ticket, when I went back in to look I realized that the other 3 sections further away were "only" $350, still a no-go, I'll take my chances when tix go on sale for the unwashed masses.

^ Sounds like everyone's going to get a good washing.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I paid $5.50 Canadian to see Genesis play Trick Of The Tail.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

^Was that Collins' first show as singer? (London, Ontario)

With the recent push by the Biden administration to stop using the term, I would imagine that we won't be hearing them performing "Illegal Alien" anymore. "It's not fun being an undocumented noncitizen"?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ^Was that Collins' first show as singer? (London, Ontario)
    I think it was the 3rd show (or so) in Ottawa, Ontario. Just amazed how cheap tickets were back in the day versus the prices folks are discussing here now.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Prediction: Many long time fans, many of which are folks here on PE, will spend beaucoup bucks in order to see 4 or 5 songs (tops) that they really care about and a lot of ‘other things’....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Banned
    Yes, you're right. In the 90s and 2007 it was lowered to C# (or Db, depending who you ask- same thing) minor. It's been lowered again so it's now massively different from the original. Listen here.

I love the band but I have a feeling this is simply one tour too many. I really hope I'm wrong.

Isnt that the same video as this:

And the Islanders weren't even performing while sitting on chairs.
    I've heard entire orchestras perform while sitting on chairs these days. The nerve!

2007 had a much better set than I had anticipated. It wasn't just a 'play the hits' tour.

'Ripples' is probably my favourite Genesis song.
    Yeah, I agree about the 2007 set list. I really enjoyed the When in Rome DVD and the live CD that came out. Still wish I had gone to see them, but I didn't make very much money back then and travel was hard.

Ripples is a wonderful song too. I was really glad they dusted that one off. My favorite Genesis song is probably Cinema Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    So they previously had lowered it by a whole step, and now they've lowered it by another whole step. Yikes.
    They have enough money, they should just hire Disturbed to perform that one.