Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1832

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

So a friend who can’t make it to the show just offered me his tickets at basically half of face value. (pun intended?) How could I say no? Never thought I’d get a chance to see Genesis live. Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Farpoint Kevin View Post
    So a friend who can’t make it to the show just offered me his tickets at basically half of face value. (pun intended?) How could I say no? Never thought I’d get a chance to see Genesis live. Can’t wait.
    That’s exciting! When is the show?

You have to let us know how it is once you go.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    That’s exciting! When is the show?

You have to let us know how it is once you go.
    Next Saturday, the 20th. I will definitely give a report! But, as is usually my mindset, I am expecting to thoroughly enjoy it! 🙂

Next Saturday, the 20th. I will definitely give a report! But, as is usually my mindset, I am expecting to thoroughly enjoy it! ��
    Oh cool! That's the show I'm going to.

Like you, I'm expecting to enjoy it as well.

Next Saturday, the 20th. I will definitely give a report! But, as is usually my mindset, I am expecting to thoroughly enjoy it! ��

Enjoy guys!! Wish I could be there with you!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    November 23 - Montreal!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Wish you could go with us too, Bill.

How cool is that?! What section are you sitting in?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Sorry Bill. Wish you could too. I'm only going as the result of a serendipitous near miracle.

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Has anyone heard any updates on how preparation for the US tour is going?
    Only 4 days away from the first show in Chicago..wonder where everything is.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

How cool is that?! What section are you sitting in?
    Pretty neat coincidence.

We'll be in section 116. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    It sure would be neat if they shuffled up the set list a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, they must be somewhere stateside rehearsing...

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    It sure would be neat if they shuffled up the set list a bit
    Well they certainly have in the past but having said that not on the 2007 tour although I remember Tony being interviewed between legs of that tour saying they were flirting with the idea of dropping Ripples and adding In To Deep because ITD was a big hit in the USA. Now ITD is a great pop song but I'm sure not many if any of us here would have liked that change.

Regarding the set list up until now, I would like to see Duchess moved to its natural place with Behind the lines. Since they are playing both why not play them together? Am I alone in thinking that is a little awkward separating them since both are in the set list? Behind the Lines is such a great opener. Having that into Duchess into Dukes End would be awesome all together.

I'm not sure the Lamb works as an acoustic arrangement at least to my ears. I would like to see it played traditionally. Just my take.

Regardless I'm flying into DC to catch the DC show in case they don't make it to the left coast! Can't wait to see them again!

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Regardless I'm flying into DC to catch the DC show in case they don't make it to the left coast! Can't wait to see them again!
    Hope you have a great time and enjoy the show. Let us know how it is!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the show. Let us know how it is!
    Thanks for that... A great time should be had, I'm going with 2 of my kids who have relocated to Virginia. I took them to see the 2007 show in DC. I'd imagine this will be my last chance to see them with my kids so it will be special. I'd like to catch one more show in NYC or Europe... unless they add west coast shows.

You enjoy as well!... I know this is your first show. You are in for a treat!

Pretty neat coincidence.

We'll be in section 116. How about you?
    Wow, you got good seats! We are in 224...Stage left and up high. But I'm not complaining!

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Well they certainly have in the past but having said that not on the 2007 tour although I remember Tony being interviewed between legs of that tour saying they were flirting with the idea of dropping Ripples and adding In To Deep because ITD was a big hit in the USA. Now ITD is a great pop song but I'm sure not many if any of us here would have liked that change.

Regarding the set list up until now, I would like to see Duchess moved to its natural place with Behind the lines. Since they are playing both why not play them together? Am I alone in thinking that is a little awkward separating them since both are in the set list? Behind the Lines is such a great opener. Having that into Duchess into Dukes End would be awesome all together.

I'm not sure the Lamb works as an acoustic arrangement at least to my ears. I would like to see it played traditionally. Just my take.

Yeah, the first US gig on that tour was in Buffalo, and they wanted to see how Ripples went over there, then decide after if they’d drop it.

I was at that show. Ripples was a real special moment. A lot of people sang along, and the auditorium was a lit with lighters (no iPhones yet). No surprise, they kept it in the set.

I'm going Tuesday. Getting comped for taking care of their ping pong table. Curious to see what kind of seats I get!

Also, the Peter Gabriel tribute band I play bass with - "Big Time" - is doing an early-ish (7PM) show on Sunday since there will be some people flying in for Genesis. Outta Space in Berwyn.

Funny story,(not Ha Ha, more Ironic) took my wife who had never seen Genesis to late 90's concert at the Spectrum, Philly. Never an easy task, we had great seats on the side of the oval, I don't know 100 yards from the stage, 4th row great sight lines. Problems started very early because as you would expect the chosen ones in the first row had to stand arms stretched to the sky which meant the losers behind them had to stand to see, me included. We suffered through most of the concert doing the best we could to lay low and keep on keeping on, not really being able to see but not wanting to block the fans behind us, fourth friggin row all everyone had to do was sit down. Impossible for these assholes. So... we get to Ripples, the most peaceful song, after these people in front of me have been having at it for the whole of the concert for the standing and of course the arms stretched up as high as these Genesis(?) fans could stretch to block every bodies view behind their first row seats. Sail away Away, a fist fight breaks out up in rows 2 and 3. Me I'm not into that, But the security team WAS, so long story short. One of my favorite songs completely blocked out by the ass holes in the first row,(the chosen) at least 10 security guys trying to do their job, but a totally missed opportunity to enjoy something ( Ripples) that really is a once in a lifetime (not so easy to attend concerts back then, it took some effort and money and that was not easily come by, back then you had to work for a living). Anyway, (pun intended) it was what it was, but it was the beginning of the end for me and the concert situation. It has not improved, and with Covid has completely disappeared for me.

^^^ Definitely a frustrating story. I have a similar story though with a sort of a happy ending.

I went to see Peter Gabriel in '83, had seats about halfway back on the floor. Same deal you describe. People standing on their seats waving their arms. Couldn't see a damn thing.

So our group split up. I and a few of my group went up one of the tiered sections and grabbed some empty seats (PG was not too popular in Bethlehem PA at the time, about half the arena was empty). The other guys stayed on the floor, including a friend's friend who was a short but massively built football player. He was having none of it. He started screaming "sit the fuck down I want to see Peter Gabriel!" at the guy in front of him. When there was no compliance he gave the guy a solid push. Not only did that guy go down, but it started a domino effect and about half a row went down with him.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Funny story,(not Ha Ha, more Ironic) took my wife who had never seen Genesis to late 90's concert at the Spectrum, Philly. Never an easy task, we had great seats on the side of the oval, I don't know 100 yards from the stage, 4th row great sight lines. Problems started very early because as you would expect the chosen ones in the first row had to stand arms stretched to the sky which meant the losers behind them had to stand to see, me included. We suffered through most of the concert doing the best we could to lay low and keep on keeping on, not really being able to see but not wanting to block the fans behind us, fourth friggin row all everyone had to do was sit down. Impossible for these assholes. So... we get to Ripples, the most peaceful song, after these people in front of me have been having at it for the whole of the concert for the standing and of course the arms stretched up as high as these Genesis(?) fans could stretch to block every bodies view behind their first row seats. Sail away Away, a fist fight breaks out up in rows 2 and 3. Me I'm not into that, But the security team WAS, so long story short. One of my favorite songs completely blocked out by the ass holes in the first row,(the chosen) at least 10 security guys trying to do their job, but a totally missed opportunity to enjoy something ( Ripples) that really is a once in a lifetime (not so easy to attend concerts back then, it took some effort and money and that was not easily come by, back then you had to work for a living). Anyway, (pun intended) it was what it was, but it was the beginning of the end for me and the concert situation. It has not improved, and with Covid has completely disappeared for me.
    Yup, my tolerance for inconsiderate behavior has reached its end. Not sure I will be attending anymore concerts in my life. The stress of being around inconsiderate people in tight confines ruins the experience for me.

My last concert was the Goo Goo Dolls a couple years ago (yeah I know, the missus dragged me there). A few fine weather fans are there just to hear Iris, which is the last song. The song starts and a few assholes push their way to front in a very aggressive way. And also everyone is filming the band on their phones, blocking our view.

These stories remind me why I much prefer DVDs to the experience of "being there". The thing is, I DON'T want to be there! I could not bear concerts crowds back in the day for the incessant talking, that really piercing whistling that some jerks tend to do (which hurts my ears much more than the music ever did), folks standing up and blocking others' view of the stage, the heated arguments to my left and the fistfights to my right and in front of me, etc. Then there's the whole situation when one needs to use the restroom... Nowadays, we have to add to all of this the endless sea of smartphones held aloft recording every precious second while blocking the view of others.

Yep, I'm a bonafide concert curmudgeon!

The Rundgren show I attended a few weeks ago didn’t have any fistfights or people talking loudly or smartphones blocking my view. It was a great experience actually.

That being said, like most things, the experience can be ruined by a few bad actors.

This is why the concerts I enjoy are in Lincoln Center. The only issue is people coughing during the quiet parts but at least no one is yelling "yeah...woooo" during the third movement of Beethoven's Violin Concerto.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet