Page 1 of 74 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

The Last Domino tour 2021

Just saw this on FB newsfeed.. nice video clip attached as well.. apparently Phil will be sitting down for the performance

Genesis

46m ·
    “We’re ready, but the world isn’t... yet!”
    Genesis are rescheduling their April UK and Irish tour dates for autumn 2021 in light of the ongoing pandemic. ‘The Last Domino?’ Tour 2021 will now start in Dublin on 15th September and is set to be Tony Banks
    , Phil Collins
    and Mike Rutherford’s first live outing together since the globe-trotting, sell-out ‘Turn It On Again: The Tour’ in 2007. They will be joined on stage by Nic Collins on drums, and the band’s long time lead guitar and bass player Daryl Stuermer
    . Tickets for all rescheduled dates are available through genesis-music.com - all previously purchased tickets remain valid and ticket holders will be contacted by their ticket agent.
    ‘The Last Domino?’ Tour 2021
    Wednesday 15 September Dublin 3Arena
    Thursday 16 September Dublin 3Arena
    Saturday 18 September Belfast SSE Arena
    Monday 20 September Birmingham Utilita Arena
    Tuesday 21 September Birmingham Utilita Arena
    Wednesday 22 September Birmingham Utilita Arena
    Friday 24 September Manchester AO Arena
    Saturday 25 September Manchester AO Arena
    Monday 27 September Leeds First Direct Arena
    Tuesday 28 September Leeds First Direct Arena
    Thursday 30 September Newcastle Utilita Arena
    Friday 1 October Newcastle Utilita Arena
    Sunday 3 October Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
    Monday 4 October Liverpool M&S Bank Arena
    Thursday 7 October Glasgow SSE Hydro
    Friday 8 October Glasgow SSE Hydro
    Monday 11 October London The O2
    Tuesday 12 October London The O2
    Wednesday 13 October London The O2

I wish them well!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Cool stage setup and backgrounds. Weird not seeing the second drum set and Chester Thompson. Backing vocalists are new.

Where were the backing vocalists? Forgive me, but I didn't see any. Are you referring to the video that's playing in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Cool stage setup and backgrounds. Weird not seeing the second drum set and Chester Thompson. Backing vocalists are new.
    I’ll have to look again I think I missed them. Are they Phil’s solo backing vocalists ?

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Where were the backing vocalists? Forgive me, but I didn't see any. Are you referring to the video that's playing in the background?

Okay, thanks. I didn't notice them before!

Good catch !!

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Okay, thanks. I didn't notice them before!
    Probably because there was no vocals in the clip. Drummer looked really good. Wish they would have had Phil doing some vocals in it. Hopefully his voice is doing better than his body. Good to see them on stage again. Hopefully this will hold up and come to fruition this year.

Genesis have always been excellent on large visual stage productions and never fail to deliver.

A few observations:
    - Every member is sitting down except for Mike and the background vocalists
    - Nice to hear Behind the lines but at a much slower pace, drumming is very conventional
    - The feline eyes are cool but has no relation with Duke

IMHO, starting the UK tour in September where the pandemic is still in the RED is optimistic. I would have waited until the UK lowers to Orange.

But above all, I wish them well!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Genesis have always been excellent on large visual stage productions and never fail to deliver.

A few observations:
    - Every member is sitting down except for Mike and the background vocalists
    - Nice to hear Behind the lines but at a much slower pace, drumming is very conventional
    - The feline eyes are cool but has no relation with Duke
    Is that even a live performance of Behind the Lines? The video was clearly a compilation of clips from different songs they were rehearsing with that song playing over top.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I heard they are inviting Steve Hackett (just f*cking with you)! I wish the band luck too but September, as noted, could be a tad optimistic.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Optimistic indeed. How would everyone feel if your tickets were converted into accessing an online only show?

Well, I hope the people who go to this enjoy it!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Is autumn too optimistic? U.K. are rolling out vaccines at a rate of over 400,000 a day and currently 8% of the population have their first dose. All adults are expected to be vaccinated by September, and given the average age of a Genesis audience, they will likely be a lot sooner

Whether that means restrictions will be sufficiently lifted to allow close mixing at a sold out arena is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Is that even a live performance of Behind the Lines? The video was clearly a compilation of clips from different songs they were rehearsing with that song playing over top.
    Fairly certain the audio is from the 2007 releases, yes.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Backing vocalists, really???
    And we are supposed to believe that Phil can still cut it?
    (before you flame me, I have a ticket, but I'm still struggling to find reasons to believe this tour will be up to the band's usual standards. I still hope my favourite band will leave me with a pleasant memory but I sometimes find myself thinking the cancellation of the tour would be a relief so that the band can leave on a high)

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Every member is sitting down except for Mike and the background vocalists
    This might just be because it's a rehearsal. It might not necessarily be the case when they perform.
    Last edited by LeFrog; 01-22-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Thanks. I was moreso pointing out that the audio is probably not from the rehearsals that we are seeing in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    Backing vocalists, really???
    And we are supposed to believe that Phil can still cut it?
    (before you flame me, I have a ticket, but I'm still struggling to find reasons to believe this tour will be up to the band's usual standards. I still hope my favourite band will leave me with a pleasant memory but I sometimes find myself thinking the cancellation of the tour would be a relief so that the band can leave on a high)
    Agreed, just look up some of the videos of Phil's last tour, its cringingly embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Agreed, just look up some of the videos of Phil's last tour, its cringingly embarassing.
    I've read comments but always refused to watch them to keep the memory of my musical hero intact. I just hope this tour doesn't end up shattering that memory. I must say I was already in that frame of mind in 2007 and ended up quite pleasantly surprised. My expectations are much lower this time unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I don't believe it is. They are playing it well and accurately, but some thing (drum fills, for instance) are not exactly the same. Also there is a lot of crowd noise on this section in the release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdb4x8nG4g

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    I don't believe it is. They are playing it well and accurately, but some thing (drum fills, for instance) are not exactly the same. Also there is a lot of crowd noise on this section in the release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVdb4x8nG4g
    Call me crazy...most bands don't bother to multitrack record, mix and produce their early rehearsals for a 30 second teaser.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Nice visuals as usual. Genesis has always been cutting edge in this dept.