Page 53 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1832

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I don't expect that PG is waiting by the phone for that offer, to be honest.
    Yeah, an hour long Gabriel set, half of which would be one song (you know the one).

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I don't expect that PG is waiting by the phone for that offer, to be honest.
    I don't either. I don't think he's ever played much (if any) Genesis during his shows anyways. He doesn't seem that interested in the old Genesis material.

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    Yeah, an hour long Gabriel set, half of which would be one song (you know the one).
    Gabriel has no interest in reuniting with Genesis, and hasn't for a long time.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Tonight, Tonight, Tonight - In Montreal. I'm looking forward the relaxation from work but I still have mixed feelings about the show. I'm going primarily because of the old tunes they'll play that I grew up with. Big fan of some of the newer (newish) material - Duchess.
    Try not to worry; you will have a good time I think. At the very least, you will get to see those guys on stage together again.

They put on a fantastic show when I saw them in Charlotte a couple days ago. Phil is still sharp and has his sense of humor, and his singing voice is still good. He still sounded like Phil to me.

Be safe tonight, and have fun! Let us know how the show was.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/en...255945452.html

This is an honest, nice write-up of the show in Charlotte. I agree with the writer about it being a respectable way for them to go out, if this is their final tour as Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    Trying not to read the thread to keep an element of surprise - how long are they playing for?

2 hours? 2 1/2?
    2.5 Hours

Trying not to read the thread to keep an element of surprise - how long are they playing for?

2 hours? 2 1/2?
    Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    2.5 Hours
    Yeah, it's right about at 2.5 hours.

Lots of music. I felt like I definitely got my money's worth.

2 hours? 2 1/2?
    Just short of 2.5 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

This is an honest, nice write-up of the show in Charlotte. I agree with the writer about it being a respectable way for them to go out, if this is their final tour as Genesis.
    Thanks for the review... pretty much my take as well. I saw them in DC a few nights earlier. Phil's voice is not what it once was and we knew that but he did great considering all he has been through. He still has a great sense of humor and stage presence. The rest of the band was on fire... and that light show was even better than I expected. Simply a superb visual show. I'd say they topped the vari light/Mama tour and the Mirror's tour.

Thanks for the review... pretty much my take as well. I saw them in DC a few nights earlier. Phil's voice is not what it once was and we knew that but he did great considering all he has been through. He still has a great sense of humor and stage presence. The rest of the band was on fire... and that light show was even better than I expected. Simply a superb visual show. I'd say they topped the vari light/Mama tour and the Mirror's tour.
    Glad you liked it, and that you enjoyed the show in DC.

I agree, the band was firing on all cylinders. I'm really hoping for a CD and/or DVD of this tour, because IMO it deserves a good recorded document showing just how great the band is performing (and for the folks who weren't able to attend any of the shows). Fingers crossed!

Fantastic visuals as well.

During the show in NC, two or three times the circular ad screens came online during some songs (the screens that run the circumference of the arena, showing different sponsors). Phil made a face and kinda shrugged the first time it happened. After the song finished, he said into the mic: "That song was brought to you by Lowe's." It was nice to see he's still got his witty sense of humor.

^Rutherford was draining threes. Go Hornets—er, Prog Rawk!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

2.5 Hours
    Yeah, it's right about at 2.5 hours.
    Thanks guys.

Man, that first photo of Phil in the Observer article looks like Mr. MaGoo.

Setlist isn't bad, really. Only 4 songs I actively dislike. Wish they'd do more than snippets of the older material, even if they had to leave a song out for time considerations.

I get 'em a week from tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Setlist isn't bad, really. Only 4 songs I actively dislike. Wish they'd do more than snippets of the older material, even if they had to leave a song out for time considerations.

I get 'em a week from tonight.
    Yeah, it's really not a bad setlist at all. I knew some of the songs that were gonna be in it ahead of time, but managed to avoid seeing the whole setlist so I was still surprised a little bit by the time I actually saw them.

Never thought I'd see my favorite instrumental Genesis piece performed by them in concert at this point in life, and with such energy. I laughed out of sheer joy, and my phone recording picked it up (though I was holding my phone pretty close to my chest, in effort to be as unobtrusive as possible).

Hope you have a great time at the show next week.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I think I gotta get a ticket for MSG. The only time I've seen them was on the Abacab tour. I'll be happy with a seat in the nosebleed section, it's pretty mellow up there usually. Only problem is that I'm probably seeing All Them Witches two nights later. I don't want to over-do it!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I think I gotta get a ticket for MSG. The only time I've seen them was on the Abacab tour. I'll be happy with a seat in the nosebleed section, it's pretty mellow up there usually. Only problem is that I'm probably seeing All Them Witches two nights later. I don't want to over-do it!
    If you're able to catch one of their shows, you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There is no such thing as too many concerts! Would love to catch All Them Witches on this tour, but they are not coming anywhere close. They are great if you have not seen them. I was the old guy in the audience, but everyone was really cool. Seeing Genesis next Monday.

Very nice review!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Well, just back from the wonderful city, Montreal! The show was excellent - so glad I went. They were powerful from the opening number and the musicianship was simply amazing. The acoustic version of the Lamb was excellent. Afterglow was a treat, as was Carpet Crawlers at the close. Phil was engaging and it looks like he was loving it. The light show was spectacular. We were sitting close to centre ice about 16 rows from the main floor. My buddy was impressed and glad he went too.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Well, just back from the wonderful city, Montreal! The show was excellent - so glad I went. They were powerful from the opening number and the musicianship was simply amazing. The acoustic version of the Lamb was excellent. Afterglow was a treat, as was Carpet Crawlers at the close. Phil was engaging and it looks like he was loving it. The light show was spectacular. We were sitting close to centre ice about 16 rows from the main floor. My buddy was impressed and glad he went too.
    Awesome! I'm really glad you and your friend had a good time.

Before I go to a show, I like to have an idea what merch is available.

I either forgot to check before this one, or don't remember checking, but I did score some goodies.

Black hoodie with "Last Domino" tour logo.

Raglan (or softball) style t-shirt with We Can't Dance logo.

Tour program.

Wouldn't have minded a mug, but they were offering no merch bags, and none were on sale. (To compare, Crimson sold vinyl shopping bags at their show, and I purchased one to carry my merch.) Public transit (Charlotte's Blue Line light rail is pretty awesome--I live in one of the old mill villages that dot the city center) meant I was limited in what I could carry. Kinda feeling like I should grab a mug from their official store.

How about everyone else? How'd you make out on the merch front?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Awesome! I'm really glad you and your friend had a good time.
    Cool, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post

I either forgot to check before this one, or don't remember checking, but I did score some goodies.

Tour program.

Wouldn't have minded a mug, but they were offering no merch bags, and none were on sale. (To compare, Crimson sold vinyl shopping bags at their show, and I purchased one to carry my merch.) Public transit (Charlotte's Blue Line light rail is pretty awesome--I live in one of the old mill villages that dot the city center) meant I was limited in what I could carry. Kinda feeling like I should grab a mug from their official store.

I grabbed the black hoodie (90 bucks) but it's big cause all they had was XXLarge - I need to shrink it! Also, a Genesis key tag (20 bucks)
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I'm surprised at the comments I'm reading here, suggesting Phil is in much better shape than when I saw them in Leeds in September. He looked really frail and tired, his speech was slurred and he kept his interactions with the audience to a minimum. Great news if he is improving as the tour goes on, I feared the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post

Tour program.

I didn’t get any merch after the show, but I had bought some coffee mugs (a matching set for myself, my brother, and our cousin), along with a domino keychain. I’ll probably order something else from their store though, like a shirt or something to serve as a memento. I had a 2 hour drive after the show and didn’t feel like standing in line.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    I'm surprised at the comments I'm reading here, suggesting Phil is in much better shape than when I saw them in Leeds in September. He looked really frail and tired, his speech was slurred and he kept his interactions with the audience to a minimum. Great news if he is improving as the tour goes on, I feared the opposite.
    I was afraid of this too, however judging from all the YT clips I sampled, I decided to buy a ticket for the last 2 London shows.
    I had a good ticket for the first London show, however got a refund for it.
    Then I decided that I need to see this show- what will probably be the last EVER, so bought crappy tickets and airplane tickets and booked a hotel. This is turning out to be an expensive endeavor...