Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1832

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Interesting comments about concerts. I still love love love the live concert experience. Whether it be in a club, arena, theater, outdoors, whatever I still love it. Yes, sometimes you get assholes, and yes sometimes there are some minor inconveniences, but I cannot imagine not going to live shows unless I get to a point where I am physically unable to do so. I am 60 now and hope I have many good concert years in front of me. I enjoy watching DVD’s at home too, but nothing replaces the live experience for me.

^ I'm with ya on that, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Interesting comments about concerts. I still love love love the live concert experience. Whether it be in a club, arena, theater, outdoors, whatever I still love it. Yes, sometimes you get assholes, and yes sometimes there are some minor inconveniences, but I cannot imagine not going to live shows unless I get to a point where I am physically unable to do so. I am 60 now and hope I have many good concert years in front of me. I enjoy watching DVD’s at home too, but nothing replaces the live experience for me.
    I still love the live concert experience too Steve, it wrenches my heart not to attend, but I stopped the big arena years ago just because of all the (hassle?) details that go with it. You have to put out a lot of money and effort to be in that seat and things can go down hill very quickly. I think our last big show was Sade, and it was great. I had still been attending many smaller shows sometimes as many as 2 a week until the pandemic hit, so like everyone it was done for awhile. I am 70, I am Vaxxed, I wear a mask everywhere, but the constant bullshit of "the others" no mask, no vax, no manners, no consideration for others, it's wearing. If I were to go to a show and be shoulder to shoulder to some of the people who I just ignored before, back in the day, it would really bother me now. I have 3 granddaughters, 8 mos., 6 years, and 9 years old and to expose myself ( which is really to expose my grand daughters) to ? whatever. It's just not worth it to me.

I recently started buying box seats when I can. Sure, you're view is off to the side, but you get a private (or semi-private) box with absolutely nobody blocking your view, standing in your way, and no annoying people at your side. Plus, they sometimes even have their own stairway/exit. I bought a box just for myself to see Nick Mason next April. Especially these days with covid, it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    I still love the live concert experience too Steve, it wrenches my heart not to attend, but I stopped the big arena years ago just because of all the (hassle?) details that go with it. You have to put out a lot of money and effort to be in that seat and things can go down hill very quickly. I think our last big show was Sade, and it was great. I had still been attending many smaller shows sometimes as many as 2 a week until the pandemic hit, so like everyone it was done for awhile. I am 70, I am Vaxxed, I wear a mask everywhere, but the constant bullshit of "the others" no mask, no vax, no manners, no consideration for others, it's wearing. If I were to go to a show and be shoulder to shoulder to some of the people who I just ignored before, back in the day, it would really bother me now. I have 3 granddaughters, 8 mos., 6 years, and 9 years old and to expose myself ( which is really to expose my grand daughters) to ? whatever. It's just not worth it to me.
    I can completely understand this.

Since most of us are already at the "get off of my lawn" stage in life (I've always felt the only real problem with public gatherings is that they allow other people into the room) we've been to 3 shows recently here in NY, all of them you had to be fully vaxxed to attend (I've already had my booster dose), Elvis Costello/Temptations-Four Tops/Musical Box. One good thing I've observed is that the crowds have been less boisterous and more reserved, of course we all just went though a hellish nightmare so it's not unexpected I don't think. Another observation is that applause is very, very light (polite), no thunderous ovations but once again we just went through (not over of course) something extraordinary so we're slowing working our way through it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Since most of us are already at the "get off of my lawn" stage in life (I've always felt the only real problem with public gatherings is that they allow other people into the room) we've been to 3 shows recently here in NY, all of them you had to be fully vaxxed to attend (I've already had my booster dose), Elvis Costello/Temptations-Four Tops/Musical Box. One good thing I've observed is that the crowds have been less boisterous and more reserved, of course we all just went though a hellish nightmare so it's not unexpected I don't think. Another observation is that applause is very, very light (polite), no thunderous ovations but once again we just went through (not over of course) something extraordinary so we're slowing working our way through it I guess.
    What is the average age in attendance with each of the 3 acts you went to see? If you said, "They have no energy to applaud after the year we just went through", I'd agree. Check other concerts happening now and you will see the crowds are going wild, most likely from being locked up for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    My experience had been almost the exact opposite. The return to live shows has been a catharsis like experience with crowds being more enthusiastic than ever. Of course the younger the crowd typically the more enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    I get it, and understand where you are coming from. For me, having just retired from the company that makes the vaccine, I am fully confident in it's effectiveness. Yes, you can still catch it, but I just don't get that nervous about it. Everyone has to make their own choices though and everyone's situation is different, so I get where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I recently started buying box seats when I can. Sure, you're view is off to the side, but you get a private (or semi-private) box with absolutely nobody blocking your view, standing in your way, and no annoying people at your side. Plus, they sometimes even have their own stairway/exit. I bought a box just for myself to see Nick Mason next April. Especially these days with covid, it was worth it.
    I will also sometimes do options like this as well when available, especially in clubs that offer it. Depends on cost and whether I think it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    November 23 - Montreal!
    I am wondering if my Nova scotia (or Ontario) vaccine record will be accepted to enter the Bell center or do I need a Quebec vax passport?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I am wondering if my Nova scotia (or Ontario) vaccine record will be accepted to enter the Bell center or do I need a Quebec vax passport?
    I used my Ontario vacinne passport in Montreal in the summer. I'm not certain about N.S. (but I'd guess it's okay). You may have to check with the venue.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Don’t you Provence’s talk to each other, eh?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Looks like they replaced Duchess with Misunderstanding for the US Leg. Bummer, was really looking forward to seeing that one live.

The eons are closing
    if true, that's way more than a bummer IMO

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Confirmed. Video posted and setlist.fm shows the change as well.

Edit: I just realized, with the removal of Duchess, that means there's not one 'deep cut' in its entirety in the set. The rest are abbreviated and/or part of medleys.
    Last edited by Progatron; 11-16-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by pianomankd View Post
    Looks like they replaced Duchess with Misunderstanding for the US Leg. Bummer, was really looking forward to seeing that one live.
    Seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    Seriously???
    Oy, I hate this song
    Oh well, not feeling too bad that I got the refund for the cancelled London show...

Well, I love "Misunderstanding", so I'm still going to see them this Saturday.

Would have liked for "Duchess" to be included as well, but c'est la vie.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I hated Misunderstanding from the first day I heard it in 1980. Duchess is simply an excellent tune!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I hated Misunderstanding from the first day I heard it in 1980. Duchess is simply an excellent tune!
    I don't hate it, but I think it would be better in short form within a medley, and keep Duchess in the setlist for all those fans who've supported them all these years.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I would guess that considering the current realities as regards Phil's vocal abilities, Duchess would not come off as well as it might in more favorable circumstances. That's a really demanding vocal if it is to be done in a way that complements its original incarnation, and anything less, in my mind, would do the song a rather severe injustice.

This.

An interview with the 3 of them on the eve of the US tour:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ew/8626452002/