Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1832

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Yep, I only mentioned "squonk" because it seems to be the most well known track from the album. I won't further explain my pick beyond that. Plus like you mentioned they did "ripples" last time.
    More so than Los Endos??

Regarding Ripples in 2007 that was truly a throw back and a great surprise... a 07 highlight for me but to me it was a certainly not to be played again on this tour. I thought they might flirt with Entangled or something not played before like Many to Many or Blood on the Rooftops... wishful thinking from one long time fan... so we got Duchess. A brilliant choice. I think I'm the only one to have made this point... am I the only one to have found it odd that they played Behind the Lines and Duchess but separated them? Loved them both in DC but still scratch my head why they were not played together concluded with Dukes End... A mini Duke suite??
    Last edited by rich; 12-20-2021 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Domino was boring? Not at the show I saw.
    Agreed Aith01... I have to read back in the thread... How can anyone say Domino was boring?? A true highlight both to the ears and eyes. Surely at all the shows it was one of the more moving moments. A Banks classic.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Gotta disagree with you there. "In Too Deep" is a beautiful song to my ears. And it contains an all-too-brief keyboard solo that's pure Tony Banks (reminds me of something off of his Strictly Inc. album).

That section where Phil goes "So listen, listen to me..." together with the chord changes underneath, never fails to stir emotions in me. I strongly disagree that it's soulless or that it has no feeling or care behind it.

I used to dismiss it when I was younger, but I've since come to really appreciate that song and will defend it to my death.
    You're in too deep.

It was one of the highlights. (Along with "Duchess," "Afterglow," and "No Son Of Mine.")

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Here you go Greg:

Neil
    Thanks Neil. Overall, a balanced review. I think the band surprised all the skeptics, me included.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I'm afraid I did think it was a bit boring at the show I saw, and noticeably so with the crowd too, as there was low energy and interest during it, with lots of bathroom trips. Glad it went over well at the show you were at. I would have preferred One for the Vine, or something else, personally.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    More so than Los Endos??

Regarding Ripples in 2007 that was truly a throw back and a great surprise... a 07 highlight for me but to me it was a certainly not to be played again on this tour. I thought they might flirt with Entangled or something not played before like Many to Many or Blood on the Rooftops... wishful thinking from one long time fan... so we got Duchess. A brilliant choice. I think I'm the only one to have made this point... am I the only one to have found it odd that they played Behind the Lines and Duchess but separated them? Loved them both in DC but still scratch my head why they were not played together concluded with Dukes End... A mini Duke suite??
    Yep. Both are on seconds out though and both are great tracks but I've never heard Los Endos on the radio.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Went on a little vacation to see them in Columbus. We are from California and was not gonna miss this chance after I really blew it in college missing the turn it on again tour (IÂ’m 33 now so no other chances for me before that).

Was about what we expected just a joy to see them and enjoy it. Minor set list quibbles I donÂ’t get why abacab keeps getting the shaft (no abacab songs played live since 87), but we were very happy hold on my heart was finally passed. And in retrospect happy duchess was kept rather than misunderstanding.

I fully expect this to be the end at least of anything with Phil and thatÂ’s ok glad I saw it. What are the odds of Peter coming out for the final carpet crawlers to put a cap on the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    What are the odds of Peter coming out for the final carpet crawlers to put a cap on the whole thing?
    Very, very, very VERY unlikely. The end.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Yep. Both are on seconds out though and both are great tracks but I've never heard Los Endos on the radio.
    I used to hear Los Endos every now and then on the radio in the early 80s. Also, Dance on a Volcano, Eleventh Earl of Mar, Lamb and Carpet Crawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    What are the odds of Peter coming out for the final carpet crawlers to put a cap on the whole thing?
    Like many here, I've seen them on tour several times and have the DVD's. While The Last Domino tour is a trip down memory lane, with no new songs or major surprises in the set list, having Peter and Steve come out for the encore would really be the icing on the cake for a tremendous band. As Steve F. states, it's a really long shot, like I have better odds of winning the lottery long shot, but one can hope. Think of it as payback for the Womad bailout concert! C'mon Pete, if Gilmour can show up for Waters, you can show up for Tony, Phil and Mike. One song for the faithful!

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    I used to hear Los Endos every now and then on the radio in the early 80s. Also, Dance on a Volcano, Eleventh Earl of Mar, Lamb and Carpet Crawlers.
    Not me, and I lived in a Genesis favorable area. I'm guessing you had a DJ who was a fan.

What a strange thread this has become.
    As far as Los Endos goes - heard it on WNEW-FM back in the day.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

I have a feeling Pete will come out for the encore. A nice way to put it all to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post

Yeah it also was played here in the SF area on KFOG and KOME

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    Yeah Seattle had an amazing station, KILO, for about 2-3 years, and they played 'Los Endos', and even 'One For The Vine' before they went under. (they also played Gong's Shamal regularly

Quote Originally Posted by dmh84 View Post
    I have a feeling Pete will come out for the encore. A nice way to put it all to bed.
    He didn't for the show I was at. Are you saying he will for the very last show? If he did that it would probably piss off all the people who were at all the other shows when that didn't happen.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmh84 View Post
    Will he be joined by Santa Claus?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Will he be joined by Santa Claus?
    Dude, he IS Santa Claus!

pg-santa.jpg
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Dude, he IS Santa Claus!

pg-santa.jpg
    Outstanding!

Lord, here comes the snow....

He didn't for the show I was at. Are you saying he will for the very last show? If he did that it would probably piss off all the people who were at all the other shows when that didn't happen.
    That's an odd way to think about it. Upset that a special guest appeared at one show out of how many? That would reflect poorly on that person more than anything.

Lord, here comes the snow....
    Well played!
    Last edited by Tangram; 12-21-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    That's an odd way to think about it. Upset that a special guest appeared at one show out of how many? That would reflect poorly on that person more than anything.
    Exactly. If he doesn't tour with them and sing one song at every show, he shouldn't do the last one?

(not saying he will, but I'd think it was awesome and there is zero chance of me flying to see that show).

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    More so than Los Endos??

It was only the instrumental intro of BtL plus part of Dukes End, so doesn’t seems strange to me to have separated them.