Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    ^^He also played Back in NYC, as an encore, for at least some of his first solo tour.

Neil
    He did indeed, I was lucky enough to see it in San Jose. He also played the Lamb periodically on the first 2 tours. I also seem to remember a tour or two ago he wanted to play Suppers Ready, it was rehearsed but his band was not on board... any one else remember hearing that?

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    He did indeed, I was lucky enough to see it in San Jose. He also played the Lamb periodically on the first 2 tours. I also seem to remember a tour or two ago he wanted to play Suppers Ready, it was rehearsed but his band was not on board... any one else remember hearing that?
    Yes, he was talked out of it by Levin and Rhodes. I'm not sure how far into rehearsing it they got though. I think it was a whim of Peter's at the time.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post

Also, on his most recent tour with Sting, he sang the intro of Dancing in the Moonlit Knight at the last show (Sting sang it at prior shows).

That was a really beautiful performance! The date I saw of that tour was one where Sting sang it, so it's nice to hear his version. In general I always love hearing the 70s material with his older voice (I actually liked that about the first Archives box) so this was a treat.

One of our PBS stations has Last Domino Genesis on now. PBS WHUT 32
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

^ Did they say which city the performance was from?

Im recording it, info says its a rehersal, may not be exciting.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

^ OK, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Did they say which city the performance was from?

https://www.pbs.org/show/genesis-last-domino/

Isn't this the same special that was broadcast way back in 2021 and was discussed in this thread back in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    The Last Domino documentary can be viewed online here:

https://vimeo.com/598137424

password is: playmemysong

This was aired on PBS and continues to be, so I'm pretty sure it's okay to post.

^ After Firth's reply, I started thinking, and wondered if that would be the case. Not unusual for PBS, if it was.

I think that's the rehearsal thing we already saw a couple of months back.

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    That was a really beautiful performance! The date I saw of that tour was one where Sting sang it, so it's nice to hear his version. In general I always love hearing the 70s material with his older voice (I actually liked that about the first Archives box) so this was a treat.
    I was at a show at Jones Beach where he sang it also, hearing the first two lines blew my head apart, then having him step back from the mic was a total bummer and that's my point: he couldn't even sing one song for those in the audience pining for it? One freaking song.

Quote Originally Posted by FirthOf5th View Post
    He came out for an encore once in 1978.

Also, on his most recent tour with Sting, he sang the intro of Dancing in the Moonlit Knight at the last show (Sting sang it at prior shows).

And since Genesis is doing this same bit now, and this will be the last Genesis show ever, why not come out and sing it? Then into carpet crawlers, they could trade verses like on the 99 version.

Hackett won’t be there though. He’ll be touring in the States then.
    Pardon my crashing your party (I have only lurked on this thread because I don’t have any positive info to add), but I wanted to thank you for the link to the footage of Gabriel’s surprise appearance at the MSG show encore in 1978. I was there (9th row, in front of Daryl). I never knew there was footage!!
    Thank you!!

Although I enjoyed attending the two shows in NYC, I don’t need a recording. I’d rather listen to shows from their peak.