Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

I agree that video is rather depressing and crude. So sad to see Phil as if he were one of those old guys begging to be petted and rubbed, not a grandfatherly figure at all. Leave that to Jagger.

But for those youngsters who are anxiously waiting to see the band for the first time, enjoy and see at least 3 of the band members who played in the Genesis Golden era long gone.
    And I was very fortunate to have seen them from 1973 through 2017 and remain a huge part of my concert memories.

I hope that someday this tour can happen before Phil has a change of heart.

Hey, they should find the German kid who sang Phil's vocals in The Farm (tribute band) from 2009. He sounds more like Phil than Phil does now. Check out this video & you will agree: https://youtu.be/2_NdrJlkBqE

Bumping this thread. I was fortunate enough to chat with Nic Collins this morning about rehearsals and the upcoming Genesis tour, his new band Better Strangers, that new 1973 Genesis footage, and some other fun drum topics. I thought some of you on this forum might enjoy it. It's my first "podcast" interview style video on my drum channel, so it took a minute or two for me to get comfortable but I think we had a nice chat!

Thanks for posting this. It was nice hearing Nic outside of the normal Phil connection.
    He seems very grounded, and the fact he had such a big responsibility sitting behind the drums when he was only 16 means he lost 3 years of his late teen years doing the Not Dead Yet tour.

He sounds very confident about touring with Genesis, and he never once said my dad will suck, so I think we're good to go with the tour. lol
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Thanks for sharing.

Genesis: The Last Domino? US tour
    Nov 15: IL Chicago United Center
    Nov 18: DC Washington Capital One Arena
    Nov 20: NC Charlotte Spectrum Center
    Nov 22: QC Montreal Centre Bell
    Nov 25: ON Toronto Scotiabank Arena
    Nov 27: NY Buffalo KeyBank Center
    Nov 29: MI Detroit Little Caesars Arena
    Nov 30: OH Cleveland Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
    Dec 2: PA Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center
    Dec 5: NY New York Madison Square Garden
    Dec 8: OH Colombus Nationwide Arena
    Dec 10: NY Belmont Park UBS Arena
    Dec 13: PA Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena
    Dec 15: MA Boston TD Garden

Great news !! I was hoping for some dates further South (Dallas, Denver, etc.). I wonder if they'll consider adding any next year?

The eons are closing
    Genesis in the new NY Islanders arena! [emoji1]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I will most likely be at the Detroit show.

This is indeed great news! I'm gonna try for one of these dates.

I have already registered for the May 5th Pre-sale for Montreal :-)

Also I got this from loudersound:

Venues in all the tour cities (except Cleveland and Philadelphia) will issue SafeTix mobile tickets. SafeTix tickets use a unique barcode that refreshes every few seconds. This makes the tickets impossible to counterfeit. SafeTix mobile tickets need a smartphone to display. No other tickets will be accepted for entry to shows in these cities.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I have already registered for the May 5th Pre-sale for Montreal :-)

Also I got this from loudersound:

Venues in all the tour cities (except Cleveland and Philadelphia) will issue SafeTix mobile tickets. SafeTix tickets use a unique barcode that refreshes every few seconds. This makes the tickets impossible to counterfeit. SafeTix mobile tickets need a smartphone to display. No other tickets will be accepted for entry to shows in these cities.
    Do you have a link?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Hey Mozo, if you visit this Genesis page it will have the links to all the shows and how to pre-register for tickets:

https://www.genesis-music.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Hey Mozo, if you visit this Genesis page it will have the links to all the shows and how to pre-register for tickets:

https://www.genesis-music.com/
    Much appreciated.

Pre-registered now!!
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 04-29-2021 at 02:19 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Nov 15: IL Chicago United Center
    Nov 18: DC Washington Capital One Arena
    Nov 20: NC Charlotte Spectrum Center
    Nov 27: NY Buffalo KeyBank Center
    Nov 29: MI Detroit Little Caesars Arena
    Nov 30: OH Cleveland Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
    Dec 2: PA Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center
    Dec 5: NY New York Madison Square Garden
    Dec 8: OH Colombus Nationwide Arena
    Dec 10: NY Belmont Park UBS Arena
    Dec 13: PA Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena
    Dec 15: MA Boston TD Garden

Great news !! I was hoping for some dates further South (Dallas, Denver, etc.). I wonder if they'll consider adding any next year?
    Wow, that's pretty ambitious considering their ages and Phil's condition. Not more than 1 or 2 days off between shows. I wish them the best!

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Genesis in the new NY Islanders arena! [emoji1]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Will be there with bells on.

I just got an email today from ticketmaster, offering me a registration offer for tickets. I had previously thought, that there was no way that I would be interested in going, but for whatever reason, I find myself changing my mind. Perhaps it is because of a complete lack of any live music in the last year, or the fact that I have never seen them before and this is likely the last chance. Either way, I think that I'm going to throw my hat in the ring, and trust that they will do their best, under their present circumstances, to put on the best show that they can.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I just got an email today from ticketmaster, offering me a registration offer for tickets. I had previously thought, that there was no way that I would be interested in going, but for whatever reason, I find myself changing my mind. Perhaps it is because of a complete lack of any live music in the last year, or the fact that I have never seen them before and this is likely the last chance. Either way, I think that I'm going to throw my hat in the ring, and trust that they will do their best, under their present circumstances, to put on the best show that they can.

neil
    I was on the fence too. I first saw Genesis in 1976 and 1977 and I'll never forget those shows. I also didn't really like the reunion show they did (I think in 2007). Still, this is my all time favourite band and I love Tony's keyboard playing. It's very likely the last time, so I'm definitely going.

It's a little bit tempting but I'll probably pass especially since I saw them in 07. Plus Phil doesn't seem to be in good shape these days.

In with a chance. Viva nostalgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    It's a little bit tempting but I'll probably pass especially since I saw them in 07. Plus Phil doesn't seem to be in good shape these days.
    Believe it or not, Phil Collins put on a great solo show a few years ago even though he was sitting for much of it.

Well, I'm in. Ready for Chicago. They're my favorite bad, I've never seen them, and I've been cooped up for a year. Want to see this machine working. Just wish they had shows closer together so I could catch a couple performances.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Two fine “US” cities. 😉

Disappointed no shows in the Southeast(FL, GA).
    I have to say it's great to see such a good response from members here. Hopefully this tour will happen. The way things have been going between the pandemic and folk's wondering about Phil's health, I'll believe it when it happens. But you have to go on good faith it will happen, and I would jump on tickets if they came our way.
    Biggest disappointment for cancelled tours in US after buying tickets:
    BLUE NILE(show only, don't know about the whole tour)PONTIAC MICHIGAN
    ELO: ZOOM TOUR PONTIAC MICHIGAN
    GENESIS: CALLING ALL STATIONS PONTIAC MICHIGAN
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I had no interest in seeing this, but my girlfriend expressed interest, so we looked into getting tickets.

No way in hell I'd pay what they're asking to see this. Insane.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally