Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

  1. #101
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    588
    I agree that video is rather depressing and crude. So sad to see Phil as if he were one of those old guys begging to be petted and rubbed, not a grandfatherly figure at all. Leave that to Jagger.

    But for those youngsters who are anxiously waiting to see the band for the first time, enjoy and see at least 3 of the band members who played in the Genesis Golden era long gone.
    And I was very fortunate to have seen them from 1973 through 2017 and remain a huge part of my concert memories.

    I hope that someday this tour can happen before Phil has a change of heart.

  2. #102
    Member yesman1955's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    348
    Hey, they should find the German kid who sang Phil's vocals in The Farm (tribute band) from 2009. He sounds more like Phil than Phil does now. Check out this video & you will agree: https://youtu.be/2_NdrJlkBqE

  3. #103
    Bumping this thread. I was fortunate enough to chat with Nic Collins this morning about rehearsals and the upcoming Genesis tour, his new band Better Strangers, that new 1973 Genesis footage, and some other fun drum topics. I thought some of you on this forum might enjoy it. It's my first "podcast" interview style video on my drum channel, so it took a minute or two for me to get comfortable but I think we had a nice chat!

  4. #104
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,458
    Thanks for posting this. It was nice hearing Nic outside of the normal Phil connection.
    He seems very grounded, and the fact he had such a big responsibility sitting behind the drums when he was only 16 means he lost 3 years of his late teen years doing the Not Dead Yet tour.

    He sounds very confident about touring with Genesis, and he never once said my dad will suck, so I think we're good to go with the tour. lol
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  5. #105
    Thanks for sharing.

  6. #106

  7. #107
    Genesis: The Last Domino? US tour
    Nov 15: IL Chicago United Center
    Nov 18: DC Washington Capital One Arena
    Nov 20: NC Charlotte Spectrum Center
    Nov 22: QC Montreal Centre Bell
    Nov 25: ON Toronto Scotiabank Arena
    Nov 27: NY Buffalo KeyBank Center
    Nov 29: MI Detroit Little Caesars Arena
    Nov 30: OH Cleveland Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
    Dec 2: PA Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center
    Dec 5: NY New York Madison Square Garden
    Dec 8: OH Colombus Nationwide Arena
    Dec 10: NY Belmont Park UBS Arena
    Dec 13: PA Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena
    Dec 15: MA Boston TD Garden

    Great news !! I was hoping for some dates further South (Dallas, Denver, etc.). I wonder if they'll consider adding any next year?

  8. #108
    The eons are closing
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    1,834
    Genesis in the new NY Islanders arena! [emoji1]

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

  9. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    6,056
    I will most likely be at the Detroit show.

  10. #110
    This is indeed great news! I'm gonna try for one of these dates.

  11. #111
    Member Rajaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    New Scotland, Canada
    Posts
    588
    I have already registered for the May 5th Pre-sale for Montreal :-)

    Also I got this from loudersound:

    Venues in all the tour cities (except Cleveland and Philadelphia) will issue SafeTix mobile tickets. SafeTix tickets use a unique barcode that refreshes every few seconds. This makes the tickets impossible to counterfeit. SafeTix mobile tickets need a smartphone to display. No other tickets will be accepted for entry to shows in these cities.

  12. #112
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    I have already registered for the May 5th Pre-sale for Montreal :-)

    Also I got this from loudersound:

    Venues in all the tour cities (except Cleveland and Philadelphia) will issue SafeTix mobile tickets. SafeTix tickets use a unique barcode that refreshes every few seconds. This makes the tickets impossible to counterfeit. SafeTix mobile tickets need a smartphone to display. No other tickets will be accepted for entry to shows in these cities.
    Do you have a link?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Hey Mozo, if you visit this Genesis page it will have the links to all the shows and how to pre-register for tickets:

    https://www.genesis-music.com/

  14. #114
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Hey Mozo, if you visit this Genesis page it will have the links to all the shows and how to pre-register for tickets:

    https://www.genesis-music.com/
    Much appreciated.

    Pre-registered now!!
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 04-29-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  15. #115
    Member gearHed289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Genesis: The Last Domino? US tour
    Nov 15: IL Chicago United Center
    Nov 18: DC Washington Capital One Arena
    Nov 20: NC Charlotte Spectrum Center
    Nov 22: QC Montreal Centre Bell
    Nov 25: ON Toronto Scotiabank Arena
    Nov 27: NY Buffalo KeyBank Center
    Nov 29: MI Detroit Little Caesars Arena
    Nov 30: OH Cleveland Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse
    Dec 2: PA Philadelphia Wells Fargo Center
    Dec 5: NY New York Madison Square Garden
    Dec 8: OH Colombus Nationwide Arena
    Dec 10: NY Belmont Park UBS Arena
    Dec 13: PA Pittsburgh PPG Paints Arena
    Dec 15: MA Boston TD Garden

    Great news !! I was hoping for some dates further South (Dallas, Denver, etc.). I wonder if they'll consider adding any next year?
    Wow, that's pretty ambitious considering their ages and Phil's condition. Not more than 1 or 2 days off between shows. I wish them the best!

  16. #116
    Member BarryLI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Genesis in the new NY Islanders arena! [emoji1]

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Will be there with bells on.

  17. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,160
    I just got an email today from ticketmaster, offering me a registration offer for tickets. I had previously thought, that there was no way that I would be interested in going, but for whatever reason, I find myself changing my mind. Perhaps it is because of a complete lack of any live music in the last year, or the fact that I have never seen them before and this is likely the last chance. Either way, I think that I'm going to throw my hat in the ring, and trust that they will do their best, under their present circumstances, to put on the best show that they can.

    neil

  18. #118
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,763
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I just got an email today from ticketmaster, offering me a registration offer for tickets. I had previously thought, that there was no way that I would be interested in going, but for whatever reason, I find myself changing my mind. Perhaps it is because of a complete lack of any live music in the last year, or the fact that I have never seen them before and this is likely the last chance. Either way, I think that I'm going to throw my hat in the ring, and trust that they will do their best, under their present circumstances, to put on the best show that they can.

    neil
    I was on the fence too. I first saw Genesis in 1976 and 1977 and I'll never forget those shows. I also didn't really like the reunion show they did (I think in 2007). Still, this is my all time favourite band and I love Tony's keyboard playing. It's very likely the last time, so I'm definitely going.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

  19. #119
    Member Digital_Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philly burbs PA
    Posts
    2,120
    It's a little bit tempting but I'll probably pass especially since I saw them in 07. Plus Phil doesn't seem to be in good shape these days.

  20. #120
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    9,548
    In with a chance. Viva nostalgia!
    15 Cuban minutes
    Can get lost in the fog
    Life's a test, just do your best
    Like a three-legged dog

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    It's a little bit tempting but I'll probably pass especially since I saw them in 07. Plus Phil doesn't seem to be in good shape these days.
    Believe it or not, Phil Collins put on a great solo show a few years ago even though he was sitting for much of it.

  22. #122
    Member Vic333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    214
    Well, I'm in. Ready for Chicago. They're my favorite bad, I've never seen them, and I've been cooped up for a year. Want to see this machine working. Just wish they had shows closer together so I could catch a couple performances.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  23. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Burlington Twp, NJ
    Posts
    1,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Genesis: The Last Domino? US tour
    Nov 22: QC Montreal Centre Bell
    Nov 25: ON Toronto Scotiabank Arena
    Two fine “US” cities. 😉

  24. #124
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,458
    Disappointed no shows in the Southeast(FL, GA).
    I have to say it's great to see such a good response from members here. Hopefully this tour will happen. The way things have been going between the pandemic and folk's wondering about Phil's health, I'll believe it when it happens. But you have to go on good faith it will happen, and I would jump on tickets if they came our way.
    Biggest disappointment for cancelled tours in US after buying tickets:
    BLUE NILE(show only, don't know about the whole tour)PONTIAC MICHIGAN
    ELO: ZOOM TOUR PONTIAC MICHIGAN
    GENESIS: CALLING ALL STATIONS PONTIAC MICHIGAN
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  25. #125
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,050
    I had no interest in seeing this, but my girlfriend expressed interest, so we looked into getting tickets.

    No way in hell I'd pay what they're asking to see this. Insane.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •