Page 26 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

^ Easily done, if you don't mind carrying 2 cards around. My wallet's fat enough with all that money. I keep the original vax card with my documents, and a photocopy in my wallet. I have yet to have any establishment ask to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Easily done, if you don't mind carrying 2 cards around. My wallet's fat enough with all that money. I keep the original vax card with my documents, and a photocopy in my wallet. I have yet to have any establishment ask to see it.
    Can probably make room in your wallet by getting rid of that condom that’s been in there since 1986

Well yeah, but what I mean is, why can't they make one new card with proof of both the two shots and the booster, to replace the old one?

And yes, do something with that condom already...

Neil

https://beta.aptonline.org/catalog/G...HE-LAST-DOMINO

GENESIS: THE LAST DOMINO? follows Tony Banks, Phil Collins, and Mike Rutherford as they rehearse for a return to touring. Despite the complications and uncertainties of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the band prepared for a major return to the stage after a 14-year absence. The film focuses on the creative and emotional process involved in their reunion and features live performances, along with interviews with the band and support team. Viewers gain insight into what it takes to prepare a major rock show during extraordinary circumstances. Songs performed include (*removed for spoiler reasons, but it's nothing special*) and other Genesis classics.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Songs performed include (*removed for spoiler reasons, but it's nothing special*) and other Genesis classics.
    Wot Gorilla?
    The Fountain of Salmacis
    Am I Very Wrong

Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Wot Gorilla?
    The Fountain of Salmacis
    Am I Very Wrong

Well yes, since you guessed accurately, but Fountain Of Salmacis is only a part of the Motown medley, and Am I Very Wrong includes Phil's 'Other world' audience participation story.

Oh, and Wot Gorilla? is a Banks solo piece played on congas.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Songs performed include (*removed for spoiler reasons, but it's nothing special*) and other Genesis classics.
    "Your Own Nothing Special Way"?

"Your Own Nothing Special Way"?
    Again, yes, but performed with a symphony orchestra who pretend to have Australian accents.

Still nothing to confirm whether Phil will be wearing a "young man" mask during the opening verses of The Musical Box...

That's pretty good.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by r2daft2 View Post
    Still nothing to confirm whether Phil will be wearing a "young man" mask during the opening verses of The Musical Box...

Quote Originally Posted by r2daft2 View Post
    Actually quite appropriate.

https://beta.aptonline.org/catalog/G...HE-LAST-DOMINO

GENESIS: THE LAST DOMINO? follows Tony Banks, Phil Collins, and Mike Rutherford as they rehearse for a return to touring. Despite the complications and uncertainties of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the band prepared for a major return to the stage after a 14-year absence. The film focuses on the creative and emotional process involved in their reunion and features live performances, along with interviews with the band and support team. Viewers gain insight into what it takes to prepare a major rock show during extraordinary circumstances. Songs performed include (*removed for spoiler reasons, but it's nothing special*) and other Genesis classics.
    I'm a bit confused..this will air on PBS on Sept 1st? is it just for donors? is it a full doc?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Well yes, since you guessed accurately, but Fountain Of Salmacis is only a part of the Motown medley, and Am I Very Wrong includes Phil's 'Other world' audience participation story.
    Oh, and Wot Gorilla? is a Banks solo piece played on congas.
    This is promising. There are also rumours about The Battle Of Epping Forest sung a cappella by Daryl Stuermer, but I don't want to raise false hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I'm a bit confused..this will air on PBS on Sept 1st? is it just for donors? is it a full doc?
    I looked on my local PBS station and did not find it listed anywhere. I a curious too as I would like to check it out of it airs.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    This is promising. There are also rumours about The Battle Of Epping Forest sung a cappella by Daryl Stuermer, but I don't want to raise false hopes.
    Not entirely acapella, there is light tambourine accompaniment from Banks, who allegedly refused to forego involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I looked on my local PBS station and did not find it listed anywhere. I a curious too as I would like to check it out of it airs.
    Steve, the description in the link reads Premium Service 32. I initially thought this might be exclusive to members only even.
    However, I found this in a internet search, Premium Service: high-quality pledge specials for fundraising.
    So I assume it will be used as a fund raising event and will be broadcast by your local PBS station when they are doing THEIR pledge drive, which means it may not be the Sept 1st date for everyone.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Steve, the description in the link reads Premium Service 32. I initially thought this might be exclusive to members only even.
    However, I found this in a internet search, Premium Service: high-quality pledge specials for fundraising.
    So I assume it will be used as a fund raising event and will be broadcast by your local PBS station when they are doing THEIR pledge drive, which means it may not be the Sept 1st date for everyone.
    If you have a 'wish list' function of some sort on your DVR, you can set it up that way and hopefully it will record when your local PBS does air it.

If you have a 'wish list' function of some sort on your DVR, you can set it up that way and hopefully it will record when your local PBS does air it.
    Great, I'll look for that on my DVR, never knew such a thing existed. lol
    I did do a search on our local PBS station in Tampa and nothing popped up for the 1st.

Not entirely acapella, there is light tambourine accompaniment from Banks, who allegedly refused to forego involvement.
    Tasteful arrangement. I think the most poignant part of the show will be Eleventh Earl Of Mar sung by Nic Collins, followed by No Son Of Mine sung by Phil.

I hope he does that little dance that Phil does during "That's All."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I was wondering that too. APT and PBS both distribute public television programming, but are APT events necessarily aired on PBS stations, or is this an entirely different network / platform?

I gather this one isn't in the running either :

"Can-Utility? That's a long shot." -- Phil Collins, The Savoy Theatre, NYC, November 28, 1981 (during the intro to Misunderstanding)

Quote Originally Posted by syncopatico View Post
    I gather this one isn't in the running either :

"Can-Utility? That's a long shot." -- Phil Collins, The Savoy Theatre, NYC, November 28, 1981 (during the intro to Misunderstanding)
    They might slip it into the set on alternate dates, but introduced under its original title Bye Bye Johnny. Also, it will be performed in five-part harmony on flugelhorn and bassoon, and segue into Easy Lover.

They might slip it into the set on alternate dates, but introduced under its original title Bye Bye Johnny. Also, it will be performed in five-part harmony on flugelhorn and bassoon, and segue into Easy Lover.
    I want to hear this in Atmos on 8-track.