Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

Alan Parsons just cancelled his US tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    I'd love for these events to continue. Unfortunately the Delta variant is working its way through vaccinated folks as well.
    True, but not nearly to the extent that it's working its way through the unvaccinated.

The purpose of the vaccine is to prevent death and serious illness. If it prevents people from getting sick at all, that's great -- but it's not realistic to expect that.

My daughter & her husband are both front line health care workers, in fact she works consistently in the covid unit at a major hospital complex here. Over 90% of their covid hospitalizations are from non vaccinated people. There are a significant amount of people in this area who refuse or are just plain lazy to get the jab. Unfortunately it's these numbers that are creating the cancellations. Of course there are other factors as well, but the big spike in numbers here are the unvaccinated.
    It's a wait and see thing as far as whether or not the Last Domino happens this year. At least we got airfare & hotel insurance if things cancel. First time I've ever done that.

I sure hope they make an announcement to either cancel or confirm the UK tour is going ahead. I'm travelling from France to Leeds and haven't made any arrangements yet. It's time I started getting to it.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    True, but not nearly to the extent that it's working its way through the unvaccinated.

The purpose of the vaccine is to prevent death and serious illness. If it prevents people from getting sick at all, that's great -- but it's not realistic to expect that.
    Oh I agree 100% with you. I’m just saying that even vaxxed and masked up, folks are still nervous about large crowds just because of the “what if” factor. But that’s just me.

Alan Parsons just canceled their US tour for now. Ugh!

Oh I agree 100% with you. I’m just saying that even vaxxed and masked up, folks are still nervous about large crowds just because of the “what if” factor. But that’s just me.
    Well if it's any consolation, it's definitely not just you. I'm still nervous about large crowds, but just far less nervous than I was before vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Alan Parsons just cancelled his US tour.
    I saw this yesterday. Very disappointed as I had tickets for Durham, NC. But I understand.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

As the great catcher and baseball coach Yogi Berra used to say "it seems like deja vu all over again".
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    As the great catcher and baseball coach Yogi Berra used to say "it seems like deja vu all over again".
    Also, making predictions is hard, especially about the future.

Alan Parsons just canceled their US tour for now. Ugh!
    It seems every time I scroll through social media I'm coming across more announcements like this. Today I saw that Tarja Turunen has put off her tour, and now Gazpacho/Pure Reason Revolution as well. They're dropping like flies, as they say...

EDIT: Just looked again, and the familiar 'We're saddened to announce...' intro caught my eye. Arch Enemy this time, along with several other metal bands they were going to be touring with.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    It seems every time I scroll through social media I'm coming across more announcements like this.
    This stuff is never gonna go away if idiots keep going out when they feel ill...

Wait a sec.... "I had been sick with flu-like symptoms." But... they still performed and did in-person meet 'n greets? Hmmm... Even though the meet n greets were behind plexiglass...

Gee, they look sooo into it, huh? If I paid 1k for this, I'd be slightly perterbed.

^Are you kidding? I can take a selfie flashing gang signs in front of Kiss? My street cred is instantly eternal! 1000 bucks is chump change!

"End of the Road", indeed.

Looks like the cardboard cutouts at the mall for $39.99 !

Looks like the cardboard cutouts at the mall for $39.99 !

Although I would say more like mannequins that have just been taken out of storage boxes and have not been adjusted to their proper form.

I don't know if this will affect anyone here, but out of interest's sake...

cd0.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I think the funny part of the whole stand up cut out figures is they're singing Invisible Touch!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I don't know if this will affect anyone here, but out of interest's sake...

cd0.jpg
    Thanks for the heads up! I still need to laminate my vaccination card.

Well, they're talking about the UK shows, but yes, could be a sign of things to come elsewhere...

If you laminate your card, and then get a booster shot later, they won't be able to record it on that card.

The Jethro Tull UK tour is on, here's Ian with the details:

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    If you laminate your card, and then get a booster shot later, they won't be able to record it on that card.
    I can testify to that, I have to carry a second card now to provide proof of my booster.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I hadn't thought of recording the booster on the same card. Maybe it's good that I haven't laminated it yet.

I read this as "...LAMIA my vaccination card."

Seriously.

I would have thought that it is not that big a deal, to get a new card with updated booster info, and then just laminate that as the new card as proof of both.

Neil