Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Domino tour 2021

The tour is cancelled, the singer has changed his name to Dusty Phil and has joined ZZ Top.

cd1.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Dusty Phil
    He looks good. I always thought he really suited a beard - regardless of length.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    The tour is cancelled, the singer has changed his name to Dusty Phil and has joined ZZ Top.

cd1.jpg
    And Then There Were Tres Hombres

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I'm becoming more an more skeptical that Genesis will play to 20,000 fans in Montreal on November 23. We're knee deep in a fourth wave so I just don't see this happening.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post

You win the internets.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

What do others think on the NA tour? Cancelled or happens?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

With the vaccine readily available, and vaccination rates possibly increasing, I'm not quite ready to write off the shows this autumn yet. But I don't know for sure. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    guessing postponned.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    With the vaccine readily available, and vaccination rates possibly increasing, I'm not quite ready to write off the shows this autumn yet. But I don't know for sure. We'll see.
    Things seem to be too far along to cancel at this point, methinks.

That said, there was an event in my town scheduled to return next weekend, but I just heard they're now cancelling it due to Covid. Like just a few weeks after they announced it was happening. I can't keep up.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

It could go either way. Jimmy Buffett announced a gig near Cleveland for late September, at which everyone will have to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test result not more than 72 hours prior to the concert, in order to be admitted.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It could go either way. Jimmy Buffett announced a gig near Cleveland for late September, at which everyone will have to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test result not more than 72 hours prior to the concert, in order to be admitted.
    I'm just glad you see the glass half full!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    You win the internets.
    Hmmm, not sure what internets means but I hope its one of those $175k hifi systems on that other thread. Just let me know if you need my delivery address, thx.

Hmmm, not sure what internets means but I hope its one of those $175k hifi systems on that other thread. Just let me know if you need my delivery address, thx.
    A system like that isn't worth a shit unless you get some of that cable enhancing elixir. It's only 350 bucks for a one ounce bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Live Nation has announced the same requirement at all of their venues. I believe that the Detroit Genesis show is a Live Nation venue, although not sure of that.

Well.. At least we have their albums. I'm not being very hopeful sadly. The fourth wave seems to be marching fast..

Garth Brooks cancelled his national tour today.

Garth Brooks cancelled his national tour today.
    It's getting bad again. Bands on the road are having to cancel dates because they or a crew member have come in contact with someone or contracted Covid themselves. Wolfgang Van Halen is in the middle of some days off due to a crew member catching it after just 5 shows opening for Guns N Roses. My Facebook feed has been picking up speed recently from the many touring friends posting of these cancellations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    It's getting bad again. Bands on the road are having to cancel dates because they or a crew member have come in contact with someone or contracted Covid themselves. Wolfgang Van Halen is in the middle of some days off due to a crew member catching it after just 5 shows opening for Guns N Roses. My Facebook feed has been picking up speed recently from the many touring friends posting of these cancellations.
    Ugh.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

IMHO: it'll get pushed into 2022. But it's highly probable that they'll postpone rather than cancel, which means anyone who managed to get a ticket won't have to go through the dynamic pricing ordeal a second time.

I'm expecting to see the shows on my own calendar fall off as well, save for some very small, very specific ones that will be held outside with VERY limited capacity so parties and individuals can distance from each other.

It isn't what I wanted to see, but I'm accepting the reality of the situation as best I can
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    REO Speedwagon cancelled a bunch of shows as several members of band and crew caught it. Apparently they were all vaccinated, so symptoms were mild, but they still cancelled shows. I have tickets to see them in October. I have tickets to quite a few shows this fall, but it is going to be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Live Nation has announced the same requirement at all of their venues. I believe that the Detroit Genesis show is a Live Nation venue, although not sure of that.
    I'm sure that's what's going on with the Buffett gig, I just happened to read a local article that only referred to that specific tour. Plus, Jimmy has been encouraging his audience to get the shot at every date on the tour.

I was thinking what happens in the UK might determine that or certainly influence it. I know Ireland postponed their shows and I thought the UK would follow but that has not happened. Those shows are one month away... I'm sure the band will have started or will be about to start rehearsals if those shows are to happen... what is the sense in the UK? Will those shows happen? Are large public indoor events happening?

As for the USA someone mentioned vaccinations are on the rise and certainly the northeast and a few other spots have high vaccination rates so I'm hopeful. I made this point on another thread, the frustrating thing here state side is we have the needed vaccines and could have put this behind us. Oh well water under the bridge but certainly NBA and NFL games have been highly attended and it seems more events are happening than being postponed so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I was thinking what happens in the UK might determine that or certainly influence it. I know Ireland postponed their shows and I thought the UK would follow but that has not happened. Those shows are one month away... I'm sure the band will have started or will be about to start rehearsals if those shows are to happen... what is the sense in the UK? Will those shows happen? Are large public indoor events happening?

As for the USA someone mentioned vaccinations are on the rise and certainly the northeast and a few other spots have high vaccination rates so I'm hopeful. I made this point on another thread, the frustrating thing here state side is we have the needed vaccines and could have put this behind us. Oh well water under the bridge but certainly NBA and NFL games have been highly attended and it seems more events are happening than being postponed so who knows.
    I'd love for these events to continue. Unfortunately the Delta variant is working its way through vaccinated folks as well.

Granted, the chances of a non-vaccinated person getting severely sick is much greater than those with the vaccine, but vaxxed folks are still getting it and I fear that full NFL / College stadiums / concert halls, even with fully vaxxed folks with masks indoor or outdoors, could still lead to the transmission of the variant. I hope I'm wrong !