Thread: Dome

Dome

Randomly pulled out my CD with Dome's third and fourth albums. Bruce Gilbert and Graham Lewis from wire doing "experimental" electronic music.

Any Dome fans out there?

https://youtu.be/yeOpGbgA2i4

https://youtu.be/TAyt2L2qKeE

I'm a fan. They also did a duo album called 3R4 around the same time as the first Dome album that is excellent as well.

Kewl. I am aware of that album, but haven't heard it. Haven't heard Yclept either. Listening today reconfirmed that I like most of 3 and most of the longer piece on 4. The shorter pieces on 4, not so much.

Dome were full of invention and interesting experimental twists on the electronic krautrock formula. Duet Emmo is also another excellent collaboration of theirs.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Yes
    I stil have
    Dome 2and 3

B. C. Gilbert*, G. Lewis* ‎– 8 Time - this one I remember reminding me a bit of Fripp & Eno

I have not listed to these in decades...

I think I bought these after reading the Wayside catalog in the early 80's

I'm pretty sure I first heard about them in the Trouser Press Record Guide. Found the 3 4 CD about 20 years ago.

They have been on my radar forever, and yet, I have never bit the bullet. I remember they were an offshoot of some band that I like (Wire, as it turns out), which is how they came to my attention in the first place. Actually, after recent revisits to the work of Magazine, The Passage, Punishment of Luxury, Athletico Spizz 80, etc. etc., I have come to the conclusion that the post-punk genre is something I really ought to delve into more deeply. Another personal task for 2021?
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

#doit

I'm a fan. I devour all things Wire hence my "FrippWire" screen name. Dome was one of the first Wire side projects I discovered way back when. There seems to be an endless stream of creativity coming from Wire.