Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fripp & Toyah Video

They are at it, again, with Toyah and her lovely pom poms, plus a trampoline, yesterday or the day before doing bits of Billy Idol's Rebel Yell.

https://youtu.be/GFaQExRwLUM

I didn't even look for it, it was on my Google news page. After running around at work yesterday I was a bit tired when I returned home. The video made me even more tired watching Toyah back up to the conveniently placed mini-trampoline, twice, and get more of a workout than she did with the excercise bike.

Btw, I liked the black tights, too. ;-)

Clipboard01.jpg

This looks a bit like the two of them.

I didn’t enjoy the new one as much, the guitar tone was too clean!

Paul Stanley is a fan of these videos. I don't know why but that seems relevant for some reason.
    Prog's Not Dead

The eons are closing
    Time to break out a cover of "Strutter' then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Interesting article in today’s Guardian...

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...e_iOSApp_Other

Hey! That was good. I'm starting to find her more interesting than Fripp. On several levels.

Thanks for sharing. A Jimi Hendrix song this weekend is something to look forward too!
    'There are no certain answers and no time to understand / The goal's a changing paradise, a moment out of date'

Make it Fire!

Wanna bet that the next Sunday Brunch is Hendrix tune is Foxy Lady??

I didn't know she was on the Quadrophenia film cast. I'll try to spot her next time.

But I do have an issue with her exposing herself shamelessly, halfway between narcisism and exhibitionism; but I guess a TV amuser career (including reality shows) comes at that kind of costs (and maybe to her, it's no cost at all).

I can soooooo totally relate with Frippy's ire after the humming bee stunt in the yard (and the furry unicorn bout in the kichen), but for the rest it's been +/- OK. It kind of helps his general image: he seems much less of an uptight twit.
    I wonder what kind of effect the lockdown will have upon Crimson's return on the road, working with Frippy. The others may have a surprise once they get back touring. Maybe Toyah will replace Jakko and Ade for a few gigs.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Voodoo Chile
    'There are no certain answers and no time to understand / The goal's a changing paradise, a moment out of date'

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I didn't know she was on the Quadrophenia film cast. I'll try to spot her next time.
    She played the mod “Monkey”, you can see her in this shot, next to “Ace Face” (Sting)....

https://news.sky.com/story/quadrophe...ation-11812232

Thx,

This article lead me to look up her acting carreer in IMDB
    Little did I know she was an actress long before being a post-punk icon/puppet.
    TBH, outside Quadrophenia (and unknowingly so), I don't ever remember seeing her on films and series cited, so I have no idea whether she's a god actress or not.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I do remember seeing her in Derek Jarman’s The Tempest, but that was a strange out-there post-punk reading of Shakespeare, and I’m not qualified to know if she was good or bad!

I loved Quadrophenia, but Toyah’s role was quite supporting to the main cast, still it is a great movie and places you back in those days.

Frank L. Stockton's short story performed by Toyah Willcox & Robert Fripp. Artwork by Nicholas Roerich.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I agree. She's my age (I think) - and I'm damn-sure not as good looking or sexy. It's good to see them letting loose.

And by "them" I meant Robert and Toyah
    Word
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...