Thread: RIP Celia Humphris

RIP Celia Humphris

Very sad day for me. Loved the TREES.

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Very sorry to read this.

Trees are a HUGE favorite (maybe THE favorite that I have) of 70s folk/rock, and Celia is/was one of the reasons.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Man, that's a tough one. They were great and should have been much bigger than they were. She must have been at an age that is too young to go.

Oh, no.

Beautiful voice, beautiful presence, beautiful woman in a beautiful musical setting. Folk-rock vocals were rarely as purely intimate as her.

I'll be listening.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

A great band and a sad loss. Celia's voice is something of a gold standard for female vocals of this type. RIP.

Sad news!
    Descanse en Paz!

Here's the pic of her they posted in Ptolemaic Terrascope when the zine did a feature on Trees in 1989, apparently taken by the article's writer. She still had that youthful appearance. I believe this was the same year that All About Eve covered one of Trees' tracks as a b-side to a single of theirs.

CeliaHumphris1989MB.jpg
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Here's the pic of her they posted in Ptolemaic Terrascope when the zine did a feature on Trees in 1989, apparently taken by the article's writer. She still had that youthful appearance. I believe this was the same year that All About Eve covered one of Trees' tracks as a b-side to a single of theirs.
    Yes... I own that issue. Was reading it yesterday as I paid my respects.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

RIP Celia

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.