Thread: Museo Rosenbach - Live in Tokio

Museo Rosenbach - Live in Tokio

cover.jpg

No review about this surprise live on PA by this surprise band from the 70s... Tokyo, 2014. Famous band from Italy. 40 years after their latest gem, I repeat, 40 years after, despite a sceptical album release in 2000, they released another album. Now what? Well let's go to this country where all the greatest bands have been playing live, won't we? Make it double. Grazie. The band has been statused as unknown activity since then. Museo Rosenbach playing live in Tokyo during more than 100 minutes in this double live album. This is a must have, in which they perform their masterpieces with the same enjoyment and the same fire as then, perfectly synched with a blessfull fullfilled audience, in english and japanese language. 5 stars out of 4. A Zarathustra version longer than the original, a mesmerizing Il Re Del Circo finale, and the floydish bonus track from Barbarica at the end.

Yes, it's an excellent album. They did a couple of interesting recordings in the 2010s: Zarathustra - Live in studio and Barbarica, both worthwhile. There's one video from the Tokyo show that I'm aware of. I wish that the whole concert had been released on DVD or Bluray.

"5 stars out of 4"...That's transcendental, baby!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    How many of those seven guys are original members? 3? Not that that's a problem, I'm just not sure. Sounds good, though!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    How many of those seven guys are original members? 3? Not that that's a problem, I'm just not sure. Sounds good, though!
    Yes 3 original members (Vocals, Dums, Piano)

This Album was part of a series also including live Albums by Maxophone and Rovescio della Medaglia.

All are very good. Maxophone has an exclusive track and RDM has only the original Guitarist backed by RanestRane.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I listened to the RDM one a couple of weeks ago. It definitely was good! Didn't know about the other two, so thanks!

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Still haven't picked up above album. I should.

Museo Rosenbach was my first ever Italian band. I know the album by heart.
    Il Tempio Delle Clessidre did a great (more modern) rendition of some of the MR tracks.

The whole DVD has some great performances by the way!

And for those interested:

HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Actually I'd neever seen them live before this excerpt from this album

I love them!!! Zarathustra is my favorite RPI album. What a great, great band.
    The Prog Corner