Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Challenge

Now that this season is over, I'm going to watch some of seasons that are On Demand. I think I can watch seasons 33 - 35 and the All-Star seasons.

The only thing that wasn't clear to me last night was the math problem in the ice cave. Everyone had their own problem to solve, but it didn't look like everyone finished it. What was the point? Was that how TJ determined which team got which bed?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    The only thing that wasn't clear to me last night was the math problem in the ice cave. Everyone had their own problem to solve, but it didn't look like everyone finished it. What was the point? Was that how TJ determined which team got which bed?
    I believe the winner and partner would reap the reward. Then, the other two couples would fall into the order of their total time ranking. By having their own equation to solve it speeds up the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I believe the winner and partner would reap the reward. Then, the other two couples would fall into the order of their total time ranking. By having their own equation to solve it speeds up the comp.

I was expecting Amber to be up all night working on it. If she had to solve it, they would have come in last. LOL!

This will be your first Challenge reunion. Curious your thoughts once you have completed it.

This will be your first Challenge reunion. Curious your thoughts once you have completed it.
    I've seen other reunions on some of the older seasons I've watched On Demand. The reunion with Bananas and Sarah was brutal!

The Challenge 37 launches Wednesday, August 11th at 8/7c on MTV.

The Challenge 37 launches Wednesday, August 11th at 8/7c on MTV.
    WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I just started watching S32 - Final Reckoning, On Demand

And I recently watched a season from 2012. I forget what it was called. I think it was Nany's rookie season. She was so young, I almost didn't recognize her.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I just started watching S32 - Final Reckoning, On Demand

And I recently watched a season from 2012. I forget what it was called. I think it was Nany's rookie season. She was so young, I almost didn't recognize her.
    oooh, her young slut days. Not slut-shaming; she would also confirm. She has changed a bit since then. A bit.

Thirty-four of the most ELITE agents from around the globe will battle it out for ONE. MILLION. DOLLARS.

This is The Challenge: Spies, Lies & Allies.

The mission launches WEDNESDAY, August 11th at 8/7c on MTV

Was that Nany that Kacey is kissing at 1:43???

Was that Nany that Kacey is kissing at 1:43???
    Nany tried to mess with Kacey a couple of seasons ago. Kacey has proved to be a little bit on the wild side since her BB days...

SOURCE

Among the new showmances, there was a clip of Kaycee and Nany, who shared an onscreen kiss that was featured in the trailer. The trailer comes on the heels of rumors of the two show stars dating. However, with Kaycee only being recently single, her ex-girlfriend Tayler Jimenez took to Twitter to air Kaycee out for having her new romance rubbed in Tayler's face. "The one person she was so adamant on that I didn’t have to worry about," Taylor tweeted with the laughing face emoji.

During Total Madness, Nany first revealed the crush she had on Kaycee after the two were filmed flirting with each other. But with Kaycee being in a relationship at the time, she played it safe and remained faithful. But it looks like Nany and Kaycee couldn't ignore their attraction and decided to take things to the next level. "Fun fact: Kaycee and I broke up because I discovered disgustingly inappropriate text messages between her and that woman while we were STILL together dating all the way back to December in April," Taylor revealed. The shocking cheating allegations come on the heels of Nany seemingly confirming her romance with Kaycee on social media.

Just last week, Nany posted a photo on Instagram alongside Kaycee in Ibiza, Spain that she captioned, "Magnetic." Now, Tayler is sounding off on her ex's alleged affair with her MTV co-star. "To have no respect for the person you’re laying next to each night and is taking care of the home you had together each time you left is just utterly disgusting," Tayler added. "If you were that unhappy you should’ve let me go the first time I wanted to leave you after you fu*ked up." Yikes. Kaycee has remained silent on her ex's angry tweets. But with Tayler's rant coming ahead of the new season premiere, viewers will be locked in to see how Kaycee and Nany introduce their relationship on the show.

Interesting.

Who is Ed and what is The Circle?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just Googled it and it looks really stupid.

Any thoughts so far?

I love that individuals can get tossed into elimination instead of full teams all the time. Also love the way the teams get shaken up after each elimination. It makes winning the daily challenge that much more important if you don't want to risk your teammate.

Oh shoot!! I forgot to watch! Heading there now to catch up....

I have watched the first couple of episodes.

Any thoughts so far?

I love that individuals can get tossed into elimination instead of full teams all the time. Also love the way the teams get shaken up after each elimination. It makes winning the daily challenge that much more important if you don't want to risk your teammate.
    Yes, yes, yes!! This is one thing that I feel makes The Challenge exciting. Each season they throw in differences within the game. It helps to eliminate full on pre-game strategy.

I did take some notes while watching, since I was behind...

I like that they are including more Survivor players. Michaela, however, was a bad choice from the start. I have always liked Michelle, so I am hopeful she does well.

Isn't it funny how people who can't stand each other (Devin/Josh) end up forming an alliance? That's where the game has evolved. These people know this is their ticket to money, so they had better work together instead of these faux feuds.

Dang, Aneesa showing up for the first comp and winning. With that... I wish once these players go to the All-Stars show, they live out their days there. I don't want to see Aneesa on All-Stars, then back on the regular show. Same for CT, Darrel, or any of them.

Fessy, that guy is just a moron and thinks so highly of himself. Sheesh.

That's all I got so far. I need to jump into episode 3 today.

Bringing this thread back...

Why do they hate on Amber so much? Yes, she kept on with the "I won a final" talk, but Ashley has done the same thing in multiple seasons. Well, they don't like Ashley, either. So I might have answered it all there.

Fessy is messy and proves he is a small fish in the big pond. Mr. Introvert got nailed this weekend. Apparently he and Amanda have remained seeing each other (whatever that means these days) even though they live in different states. This past weekend he was caught with some woman at a bar while he was texting Amanda. Video was sent to Amanda and online, and you can guess the blowup. The reunion will be juicy.

VIDEO

@MTV_AMANDAG
    For all of you tagging me in the video and pictures….I’ve seen it. He’s a fuckin trashbag & I’m done with it. Sacrificing a real one with a temporary hoe at the bar. Smfh. I can’t. Cancelling my trip to Florida next week & he def not comin to CO before the reunion anymore.

Don’t be sorry I don’t need pity from y’all. I gave someone a chance who didn’t deserve it. It ain’t my loss, it’s his.

Premieres November 11
    10 episodes

Ayanna Mackins — 3 seasons
    Brad Fiorenza — 10 seasons, 1 win
    Casey Cooper — 4 seasons
    Cohutta Grindstaff — 4 seasons
    Darrell Taylor — 9 seasons, 4 wins
    Derek Chavez — 3 seasons
    Derrick Kosinski — 10 seasons, 3 wins
    Janelle Casanave — 2 seasons, 1 win
    Jasmine Reynaud — 5 seasons
    Jodi Weatherton — 2 seasons, 3 wins
    Jonna Mannion — 5 seasons
    Katie Doyle — 9 seasons, 1 win
    Kendal Darnell — 1 season, 1 win
    Laterrian Wallace — 3 seasons
    Leah Gillingwater — 1 season
    Melinda Collins — 4 seasons
    MJ Garrett — 3 seasons, 1 win
    Nehemiah Clark — 4 seasons, 1 win
    Ryan Kehoe — 5 seasons
    Sophia Pasquis — 2 seasons
    Steve Meinke — 1 season
    Teck Holmes — 1 season
    Tina Barta — 5 seasons
    Tyler Duckworth — 4 seasons, 2 wins

Bringing this thread back...

Why do they hate on Amber so much?
    Because Amber plays the victim constantly! Nothing is ever her fault. She will backstab you and then, while you lie there bleeding to death, try to convince everyone that you put the knife in her instead. She's whiney and, although she's a fantastic athlete, she can't solve 2+2 and her social game sucks. I can't stand her.

At least Ashley owns her shit and has a sense of humour.

What do you think of the teams twist?

Premieres November 11
    10 episodes
    Video unavailable. I see nothing. Probably a copywrite thing since I'm in a different country.

Because Amber plays the victim constantly! Nothing is ever her fault. She will backstab you and then, while you lie there bleeding to death, try to convince everyone that you put the knife in her instead.
    Who has she done that to?

She's whiney
    Definitely!

although she's a fantastic athlete
    Agreed. She comes through.

she can't solve 2+2
    Puzzles/figures aren't her strongest.

her social game sucks.

She has gotten caught up in the no one respects me mode.

Same thing happened to Ashley when she won early on. But, what backstabbing has Ashley done? She has repeatedly asked everyone to name what she has ever done wrong to anyone there. Nobody gives her a logical answer. She kept all the prize money from her partner Hunter, but I think everyone agrees he deserved that treatment with the sexist way he treated her and others. It boils down to them fearing her gameplay. Ashley (and Amber) are rogue players and the vets can't stand that. The vets want solid alignment against ALL non-vets. Ashley will start a season with whomever she feels will get her farther to the end. She doesn't cross lines when she has chosen her game alignment. Good gameplay. I can't stand trashy Ashley, but I do like her gameplay. I feel the same about Amber. They've proven their worth and the others fear them.

I like Amber and Ashley as game players because they are rogue and go with what they feel is right for their own game, as opposed to just aligning with others for shielding purposes. Both don't want to go into an elimination, but they face it with no fear and head-on. That's what I like. Not game play like Nany, who practically cries if she is considered up for elim.

I can't stand her.
    I can see that.

At least Ashley owns her shit and has a sense of humour.
    I can defend Amber, to a degree, on that topic. We have to understand that the climate of the house is what usually does not translate well to the viewer. Living in there day to day when no one likes you because you won as a rookie has proven difficult for someone like Ashley. When Amber returned after her first season win, she was an immediate target and treated as such. Because she won, her returning seasons have been met with frustration from the start. Her social game sucks, and she needs work on that.

Kacey. Kacey vs. Amber. Kacey, to me, has done some conniving and backstabbing. Kacey was in Amber's alliance and wanted her out. We don't hear them against Kaycee because she has vet allies and BB to protect her.

What do you think of the teams twist?
    Ehhh... I have to see how it plays out after a couple of runs.

Very glad to see a head-to-head physical comp coming back in this upcoming episode. They haven't done as much lately. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    Who has she done that to?
    I don't have your memory and can't think of examples, but I'm pretty sure that she has wronged people and then tried to turn it around and make herself look like the victim. I'll keep an eye out and let you know the next time I see it. And, if she hasn't done that, she's left the perception that she would.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    Kacey. Kacey vs. Amber. Kacey, to me, has done some conniving and backstabbing. Kacey was in Amber's alliance and wanted her out. We don't hear them against Kaycee because she has vet allies and BB to protect her.
    For sure. But Kacey keeps her cool most of the time. She doesn't cause or get involved in drama. People tend to like calm people, which Kacey is most of the time. That's a good social game.

Man, Emy is earning some respect. She might be crazy as batshit, but that girl is good. And the crazy as batshit part makes her perfect Challenge material. I love that she and Ashley walked out of The Lair holding hands. I don't think Ashley would do that with just anyone. I think we'll see Emy on a future season.

I like how TJ tells people as they leave what he thinks of their game play. When Ed left he said "I hope we'll see you again". When Bettina left, he said nothing.

I don't understand why nobody is trying to break up the undefeated Emerald team.