Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Challenge

Anyone interested in watching The Challenge: Australia? The first 2 episodes were just released. Let me know and I can PM ya's! The winner of this will face the others, including the USA winners, on a future show.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm in! Thanks! I have Paramount+. I'm surprised that these are not there. I'm also surprised Ride or Dies is not available there.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I'm interested. I'm currently unemployed, so I have a lot more time on my hands to watch stuff.

I recently started watching The Mole on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm interested. I'm currently unemployed, so I have a lot more time on my hands to watch stuff.

I recently started watching The Mole on Netflix.
    Sorry to hear that you are unemployed. Australia might help with the off time for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are unemployed. Australia might help with the off time for now.
    Thanks. It was unexpected after 16 years with the company. There are a lot of changes going on and I guess I didn't fit in with the new vision. Whatever. I'll be 57 in January so I'm thinking about early retirement or maybe finding something part-time, or full-time with less responsibility and stress. I was only planning on working another five years anyway. Now that the shock has worn off, I'm starting to enjoy having free time again.

Great spirit! Hang in there. Let me know if there are any tv shows you can't find!

I probably should have mentioned this earlier...MTV has been showing The Challenge non-stop since Christmas Day or Eve...I can't remember exactly when it started. I think they started at the beginning with Road Rule/Real World Challenge and they've been progressing in order. Last night I recorded Battle of the Exes. Today I'm recording Battle of the Seasons. Rivals II starts at 5:00am (EST) tomorrow, followed by Free Agents, then Battle of the Exes 2, etc.

My TV guide shows up to January 7th and it's pretty much The Challenge 24/7, with a few breaks for other shows.

Now, having let everyone know all that. I'm currently watching Battle of the Exes. For those that watched and recall this series (Gruno, no doubt), I just want to say that I'm happy to see that the show booted out Vinny for removing a female cast member's top in front of other contestants. When he said he thought it was a joke, I wanted to dive into my TV and punch him myself. Had they not removed him, this would have been the last episode of the Challenge that I ever watched. But one of the things I like about this show is that they do all that they can to protect the cast and they act fast. Unlike Survivor who did a pretty crappy job of protecting female contestants back in 2019. It's unfortunate that Sarah also had to leave for something that wasn't her fault, but we've seen that happen quite a bit since then.

Okay...on with my binging.

They've been on top of things with addressing questionable actions. It has led to some bannings. Still curious why Ashley hasn't returned after being booted a couple of seasons ago.

Looks like you have some nice Challenge binging going for you!!! After all of this, I would like to know who some of your favorite challengers are.

They've been on top of things with addressing questionable actions. It has led to some bannings. Still curious why Ashley hasn't returned after being booted a couple of seasons ago.

Looks like you have some nice Challenge binging going for you!!! After all of this, I would like to know who some of your favorite challengers are.
    I was sick on Saturday and Sunday so I basically sat in front of the TV and watched The Challenge for two days. I covered two or three seasons. LOL! A few quick thoughts on some of the challengers.

Camilla: I don't like her as a person and never have. She's loud, obnoxious, immature, and can't handle her booze. But she is strong and fearless. She really kept up with Bananas in Battle of the Exes, and I have to respect her for her physical and mental strength.

Dustin: Not a great player, but nice to look at and seems like a genuinely nice guy, if a little boring for the show.

Emily: I LOVE EMILY! This chick rocks. She is gorgeous and strong and athletic. She seems to play an honest game and appears to be trustworthy. This is a person that I would want to be friends with. I have a serious girl-crush on her.

Sarah: Poor Sarah cannot catch a break. Booted out of two seasons because she was partnered with a loser. And then got screwed by Bananas.

CT: CT is a pompous jackass, but I've always admired his game play.

Diem: I liked her at first. Then I didn't. Either way, it's hard to watch her knowing her fate.

Knight: Also hard to watch knowing his fate, but don't like him. I think he's a pig.

Johnny Bananas: I'm not sure what season I'm up to (they aren't showing all of them, but what they are showing is in chronological order), but he's just "Johnny".

Some of my current favourites like Devin, Tori and Kam haven't shown up yet. And I haven't seen any of the international peeps like Kyle. I'm hoping to see their rookie seasons.

That's just a quick rundown off the top of my head. Next up is Free Agents. I only recorded half of Battle of the Exes II, which sucks (sucks that I only recorded half, not that the season sucks). I also have Rivals III, Dirty 30, Vendettas, and another season that is only showing up as "The Challenge". I've skipped recording the seasons that I've seen, which are mostly newer seasons, so that I don't run out of room on our DVR - which might happen anyway.

Zach is a misogynistic, sexist, neanderthal. I'd like to kick him in the cojones.

Zach is a misogynistic, sexist, neanderthal. I'd like to kick him in the cojones.
    Is this the one where he is partnered with Amanda?

Is this the one where he is partnered with Amanda?
    It's a culmination of watching him in several seasons. The season I'm currently watching is Battle of the Exes II where he's paired with Jonna, treats her like shit and blames her for his mistakes.

But in Free Agents (I think it was Free Agents), they showed a blooper-type clip of him where he says something along the lines of women being created from a man's rib, which is the reason that they can never be as strong as a man and that they should be subservient... or something along those lines. It was extremely derogatory and insulting to all women.

Have you seen the episodes with him and Jenna? Her last season was met with him being home and not trusting her. It was some awful behavior for him, as usual. I actually like Jenna, but I can't understand the pairing. They just had their 2nd child a few weeks ago. I didn't think they would last this long, to be honest.

Have you seen the episodes with him and Jenna? Her last season was met with him being home and not trusting her. It was some awful behavior for him, as usual. I actually like Jenna, but I can't understand the pairing. They just had their 2nd child a few weeks ago. I didn't think they would last this long, to be honest.
    I think that was one of the first new seasons that I saw. The season that I saw, they broke up while she was in the game. I guess they got back together. Battle of the Exes II is Jenna's rookie season. They are both on it, but they aren't together yet.

This is the season where Sarah and Jordan put Bananas and Nany into elimination, which is the move that led Bananas to taking all the $$, in a subsequent season, when he and Sarah won together. I watched that episode last night.

This will be good for you because now you know more of the older cast members...

All-Stars 4 has begun filming and the cast leak is here. I am not too impressed because I don't feel a lot of these people are worthy. Leroy was supposed to be retired!

https://stopbeingpolite.com/2023/01/...official-cast/

Are you really an All-Star if you've only been on one season?

I'm watching Rivals III now. I was really excited because it's Devin's rookie season and he's become one of my favourite players, only to see him eliminated the first week.

Any Challenge heads watch The Traitors on Peacock? It's a fun watch akin to The Mole and Snake in the Grass. It's packed with reality stars from Bravo, Survivor, & BB. While the show was entertaining enough, it was the final 2 episodes that had me squirming. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Any Challenge heads watch The Traitors on Peacock? It's a fun watch akin to The Mole and Snake in the Grass. It's packed with reality stars from Bravo, Survivor, & BB. While the show was entertaining enough, it was the final 2 episodes that had me squirming. Check it out!
    Was just discussing this with someone today. I noticed Survivor Stephanie is on that show. I liked her first couple of seasons on Survivor. She didn't and vowed to never return and I believe she doesn't watch any longer. I might have to check this one out.

I loved Steph in her first Survivor season! She was also recently with Rachel, Jannelle, and one other who I can't recall on one episode of Snake in the Grass.

After binging so may seasons of The Challenge that I recorded over Christmas (still 3 seasons to go), it's REALLY HARD to watch Ride or Dies weekly.

I feel terrible for Olivia and Horacio. What a crappy ending for them. I really wanted them to win.

Go Tori and Devin!

Welcome to The Challenge. She got busted up.

After binging so may seasons of The Challenge that I recorded over Christmas (still 3 seasons to go), it's REALLY HARD to watch Ride or Dies weekly.
    Oh, I know what you mean!!!

I feel terrible for Olivia and Horacio. What a crappy ending for them. I really wanted them to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Welcome to The Challenge. She got busted up.
    Once her face got hit, I was done with the episode. I listened from the other room. Real-life pain of others affects me. To me, this was extreme, and seeing all that dripping blood made me a bit uneasy. I can watch limbs being severed in a horror movie, but when it's real stuff like this, I turn or walk away.

Go Tori and Devin!
    Yeah, I don't know who I would want to win now.

Once her face got hit, I was done with the episode. I listened from the other room. Real-life pain of others affects me. To me, this was extreme, and seeing all that dripping blood made me a bit uneasy. I can watch limbs being severed in a horror movie, but when it's real stuff like this, I turn or walk away.
    Oooh. Then did you miss her interview piece afterwards where she had two black eyes?

I totally understand. I didn't have to leave the room, but I did cover my eyes. I get upset by other people's blood. Frankly, I don't handle my own very well either. Thank goodness my husband has first aid training and is there to talk me off the edge every time I cut myself while cooking.

Oooh. Then did you miss her interview piece afterwards where she had two black eyes?

I totally understand. I didn't have to leave the room, but I did cover my eyes. I get upset by other people's blood. Frankly, I don't handle my own very well either. Thank goodness my husband has first aid training and is there to talk me off the edge every time I cut myself while cooking.
    We paused it for a bit before resuming and then I did take a quick look at her post-challenge.

Wow. I can't believe what heart these two have. She is bleeding out and the entire time she is worried about ruining the game for Horacio. I look forward to them returning.

Wow. I can't believe what heart these two have. She is bleeding out and the entire time she is worried about ruining the game for Horacio. I look forward to them returning.
    Yup. And he was so supportive of getting her on an ambulance and to the hospital. Even though I'm sure he wanted to try to talk her into getting patched up and continuing, he put her first. They are a great team! I too look forward to seeing them again.