Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Challenge

I still haven't had a chance to watch the All-Stars season, but have been enjoying the USA season so far. Tyson is a freaking rock star! I'm thinking that the money thing must have more to it at some point though. If you win a challenge you automatically qualify for the final as long as you can keep your $$ to the end. But as the game goes on, people will accrue a lot of money. Tyson is already up to $11,000 and he only needs $5,000. My thoughts are that either they'll start doing something that subtracts money, or the money will buy advantages in the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I still haven't had a chance to watch the All-Stars season, but have been enjoying the USA season so far. Tyson is a freaking rock star! I'm thinking that the money thing must have more to it at some point though. If you win a challenge you automatically qualify for the final as long as you can keep your $$ to the end. But as the game goes on, people will accrue a lot of money. Tyson is already up to $11,000 and he only needs $5,000. My thoughts are that either they'll start doing something that subtracts money, or the money will buy advantages in the finale.
    Watch All-Stars when you get a chance. Excellent season! In that season, when they won an elimination they obtained a star for their shirt. If an opponent had multiple stars, the winner would get all of the opponent's stars. The stars helped them in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Watch All-Stars when you get a chance. Excellent season! In that season, when they won an elimination they obtained a star for their shirt. If an opponent had multiple stars, the winner would get all of the opponent's stars. The stars helped them in the final.
    I will watch it. I was really hoping to watch it while on vacation last week, but our vacation did not play out the way that I had hoped. Plus I'm reading a really interesting book that is hard to put down (Bad Blood by John Carreyrou, if you're interested) so I spent most of my time reading.

Any thoughts on Challenge USA?

I like the start. It's interesting to see these contestants from other shows trying to adapt to this gameplay. Tyson, Angela, Alyssa, Derek X, Dom, Cayla... my team.

I'm really enjoying it so far. I like the random pick of teams each week, so that no one team can dominate. I was also very happy to see Shan get eliminated. I do not like her.

I have to think that Tyson is going into elimination at the first opportunity. He's a beast.

I think tomorrow is the finale. Although there are a lot of people left. Any thoughts?

There is an extra woman so I'm thinking that there will have to be an elimination first. That would leave five teams going into the final - assuming it's a team event.

I'd like to see Angela win. She has dominated this game in both wins and making the right alliances. She recognized early that breaking into the Survivor alliance, and especially the Survivor guys, would serve her much better than the BB alliance, which was fractured from the start. She is athletic and smart. She has four challenge wins and the most money, and she's never been chosen for elimination even though everyone wants to get rid of her.

I also think that Tyson has a good shot at winning for the same reasons as Angela. If it's a pairs final and they get partnered up, they are going to be VERY hard to beat.

I would also not be unhappy to see Alyssa win. She has been underestimated from the start. She might be small, but she is scrappy. I love that about her.

I don't want to see Sarah win. I liked her at the start, but she showed herself to be petty, vindictive and unsportsmanlike. The fact that her girls alliance let her get eliminated by Alyssa and Angela and didn't even attempt to stop them, shows that even her alliance members don't care enough about her to try to keep her in the game.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow night.

Wikipedia has a great game summary if you're interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Challenge:_USA

Well that was an interesting and unexpected ending.

I'd like to see Angela win.
    What a dumb ass move. I knew as soon as she stopped that it would be viewed as quitting and she'd be eliminated.

I don't want to see Sarah win.
    I take that back. Respect to Sarah for staying the course, overcoming the obstacles, and finishing the Challenge.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I knew that Angela was toast. I mean, c'mon, Enzo just got booted for quitting! I can't stand Sarah (hated her on Survivor too), but respect that she toughed it out. Interesting duo for the world challenge.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Interesting duo for the world challenge.
    Excellent point. I didn't even think about that.

So, does that mean that the world challenge will only have eight people? Will it just be a finale with nothing leading up to it? You'd think that they would take, like, the top six from each country and make a real game out of it.

Has anyone else been watching The Challenge: The Untold History? It's been airing on MTV on Wednesday night for the last two weeks. From IMDB, it looks like there's six episodes. I've watched 2.5 and it's been really interesting so far.

The finale was good.
    I was ok with Sarah in Survivor, not into her in The Challenge. Angela bit the big one, but deserved to be ousted. What a moron! Tyson had to eat his words about The Challenge being weak compared to living through a Survivor season. I also am curious to know how the upcoming war of the worlds will be.

By the way, The Challenge: Ride Or Die, premieres Wednesday, October 12.

Has anyone else been watching The Challenge: The Untold History? It's been airing on MTV on Wednesday night for the last two weeks. From IMDB, it looks like there's six episodes. I've watched 2.5 and it's been really interesting so far.
    I have the episodes downloaded. I am hearing good/bad things about it. One good/bad is that they featured Cara Maria as a badass, but didn't allow her new screen time to discuss. . I will be checking these episodes out (hopefully) in one sitting when they have all aired. Looking forward to it!

The finale was good.
    I was ok with Sarah in Survivor, not into her in The Challenge. Angela bit the big one, but deserved to be ousted. What a moron! Tyson had to eat his words about The Challenge being weak compared to living through a Survivor season. I also am curious to know how the upcoming war of the worlds will be.

By the way, The Challenge: Ride Or Die, premieres Wednesday, October 12.
    I saw that my PVR was set up to record it. I didn't know if it was a new season or a replay of an old season. Either way - looking forward to it!

With respect to The Challenge War of the Worlds, don't you think it's odd that no former Challenge players will be included? I just think that a War of the Worlds should include the best Challenge players from each country. Or is The Challenge uniquely a US program that just includes players from other countries.

I have the episodes downloaded. I am hearing good/bad things about it. One good/bad is that they featured Cara Maria as a badass, but didn't allow her new screen time to discuss. . I will be checking these episodes out (hopefully) in one sitting when they have all aired. Looking forward to it!
    It's possible that she wasn't available to film.

It's interesting for me to watch it, as I'm a relative newbie so didn't know a lot of the history of the show. I don't want to give any spoilers but I find it really interesting (with my limited knowledge of the game) that some players are highlighted and others are completely ignored. I've now watched 4 of 6 episodes and Ashley, for example, hasn't even been mentioned, nor have I noticed her in any clips. As a former winner, I would have thought she'd be included. There are people that are far lessor players being interviewed and highlighted. I know that she was asked to leave her last Challenge, so maybe there was a falling out and she's been ostracized. Of course, there are still two episodes to go, so I could be wrong.

Didn't Ashley get "canceled"?

Ride or Dies looks interesting! I enjoyed the first episode.

I'm happy to see Devin back. I love his sense of humour. Although, Turbo is obviously not a fan. LOL!

Also happy to see Nam back - he got a raw deal on his first season between his injured back and being teamed up with that wacko Lolo. Then got kicked out of his 2nd season for Covid. I hope he manages to stay in the game this time.

I'm hugely disappointed that Kaycee and Kenny didn't make it into the game. I love Kaycee and was looking forward to seeing if her brother was as badass as she is. Plus I love the Kaycee/Nany love story. Based on TJ's comment about "crazy times" I'm assuming they're out due to Covid. I'm hoping they find a way to bring them back in after they recover.

The dagger draw was awesome! This is going create a whole new strategy about the four teams that the winners pick. There is a huge level of randomness and risk added.

Also happy to see Nam back - he got a raw deal on his first season between his injured back and being teamed up with that wacko Lolo. Then got kicked out of his 2nd season for Covid. I hope he manages to stay in the game this time.
    Oh FFS!

I'm hugely disappointed that Kaycee and Kenny didn't make it into the game. I love Kaycee and was looking forward to seeing if her brother was as badass as she is. Plus I love the Kaycee/Nany love story. Based on TJ's comment about "crazy times" I'm assuming they're out due to Covid. I'm hoping they find a way to bring them back in after they recover.
    YAY!

Ride or Dies looks interesting! I enjoyed the first episode.
    I can't find this. Is it on MTV? I have Paramount+ and see it nowhere!

Yes, it's on MTV.

Barely had time to catch up...

I have completed 2 episodes of the Untold History series. Very well done. Great synopsis of the history of the show. Best portion within the first two episodes was the history of the hosts. As I was watching it I remembered practically everything from the beginning of this show. Side note: I do miss those first few seasons of Road Rules.

Which brings me to this season and still a bit of Untold. So there is a list of people easily found online of previous contestants that have been banned from the show. It's not a solid list, but with some of the contestants missing (Cara Maria?) from current seasons and not interviewed for the Untold series, it seems valid. There are obvious ones, like Camila, recent competitors Mattie, Dee, the Tonya-Kenny-Evan incident/lawsuit, and others. But the surprise for this season is Turbo! He was definitely banned. Execs said it then when he went after Jordan and then production members. So I have no clue what's the deal with these. If we see Tonya walk in at the end of the next episode we might as well get Johnny Mosely back to host.

I know where to find you.

Oh FFS!

As I was catching up in this thread I was smiling as I read your comments already knowing he was done. Yikes, poor dude can't catch a break!

As I was catching up in this thread I was smiling as I read your comments already knowing he was done. Yikes, poor dude can't catch a break!
    Yeah. Dude (Nam), at this point I think you should just throw in the towel.

So on a slightly different note, did anyone ever watch The Mole? It was a great show from, probably about 20 years ago. The original host was Anderson Cooper before his CNN days. It was a fantastic show, but was cancelled. Then they tried Celebrity Mole, which sucked. Colleen, on this season of The Challenge won The Mole, Germany. I was intrigued that The Mole was still a thing. A friend told me today that there is a new season of The Mole on Netflix. I definitely need to check that out!

Yeah. Dude (Nam), at this point I think you should just throw in the towel.

Seems like a nice enough fella, we just never really get t know him.

So on a slightly different note, did anyone ever watch The Mole?
    I never caught on to The Mole. My sister was a hardcore fan, though!

This week had the love drama I am not into. The rest of the episode was good. The ending makes me wonder about TJ in a good way. Sometimes he just says goodbye to the losers. This time, and some others, he takes time to comment or summarize the loser's time on The Challenge. He must see a lot of the character and sportsmanship that we don't get to see. I felt bad for Tommy not being able to pull Analyse up. I mean, glad it wasn't hall brawl for Tommy, but this was another form of Kryptonite for him.

The ending makes me wonder about TJ in a good way. Sometimes he just says goodbye to the losers. This time, and some others, he takes time to comment or summarize the loser's time on The Challenge.
    I've notice that too. Some rookies get eliminated and he just says good-bye. Others he'll make comments like "I'm sure we'll see you again soon".

I really liked the comments he made to Tommy about crying and not giving up. This was not a good challenge for Tommy, but he had heart and gave it all he had.

I've notice that too. Some rookies get eliminated and he just says good-bye. Others he'll make comments like "I'm sure we'll see you again soon".

I really liked the comments he made to Tommy about crying and not giving up. This was not a good challenge for Tommy, but he had heart and gave it all he had.
    Yeah, Tommy is a good guy overall. I think everyone likes him no matter their alliances. However, someone like Faysal is always looked upon as a doofus.