Thread: Julverne.... please!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Julverne.... please!

Hi team,
    I’m really looking for the first two releases from Julverne, the Belle Antique versions... please help me if you can. Thank you
    Mister Roll the Bones

I've been looking for the first 2 releases from Julverne for years. Actually I'm trying to find the cds , but the price is too steep at the moment. I have everything else by Julverne. I was lucky to have found them , but I missed out on the initial cd release of the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by Enidi View Post
    I've been looking for the first 2 releases from Julverne for years. Actually I'm trying to find the cds , but the price is too steep at the moment. I have everything else by Julverne. I was lucky to have found them , but I missed out on the initial cd release of the first two.
    IIRC, they were only released in full on CD in Japan, and yes, the price is now going to be steep. And the original vinyl is steeper.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    IIRC, they were only released in full on CD in Japan, and yes, the price is now going to be steep. And the original vinyl is steeper.
    Yes the Japanese imports are the only cd releases I am aware of. Their releases seem obscure and difficult to find anyway. I've never heard anyone like them.

I have no idea if they've ever given a concert. Possibly in Europe? In the 80s I used to watch string quartets play modern chamber music in Laurel Mansion by candlelight. I would love to see Julverne in that setting.