Thread: Soften the Glare/GLINT (2020) Where is the love?

Soften the Glare/GLINT (2020) Where is the love?

2020 was an amazing year for music, in so many different genres. Lots of great stuff in the best of 2020 lists. We all have our individual tastes, of course, but one thing that baffles me a bit, is that not a single person mentioned this album on their lists! Anywhere. For me, it is hands down my 2020 album of the year. A superior instrumental fusion disc, with great writing and compositions, loads of creativity and absolutely stellar musicianship all around.

Am I the only one who is blown away by this release and band, lol?

neil

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Hey Neil, sorta reminds of 1980s Crimson at times, although clearly original music.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I listened to the whole thing because of your harangue. It's very good, I think I'll buy it! Not sure I heard any 80s Crimson, mozo. I was sorta reminded of that band that played ProgDay once, and also did a ProgDay pre-show - I can't think of the name, the fusion trio (I think a trio) with the female...violinist? Some of their songs are a little country-fried? Anyway, Soften the Glare (who also played ProgDay, right?) is really good - very skillful playing and composition. A fun listen, I'll spin this one again soon! Thanks, Boilk!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I listened to the whole thing because of your harangue. It's very good, I think I'll buy it! Not sure I heard any 80s Crimson, mozo. I was sorta reminded of that band that played ProgDay once, and also did a ProgDay pre-show - I can't think of the name, the fusion trio (I think a trio) with the female...violinist? Some of their songs are a little country-fried? Anyway, Soften the Glare (who also played ProgDay, right?) is really good - very skillful playing and composition. A fun listen, I'll spin this one again soon! Thanks, Boilk!
    I like this response, purely on the basis of you using the word harangue, lol. Not sure that was my intent, but I love it, none-the-less. Yes, they did play Progday, and also Progtoberfest. Glad you're digging it.

neil

It's in my top 10 too. I love some Bon Lozaga from time to time!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Are you thinking of Galactic Cowboy Orchestra maybe? I need to get the new Soften The Glare album. They were great at ProgDay.

In March STG released a new download EP on Bandcamp: https://softentheglare.bandcamp.com/releases

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    In March STG released a new download EP on Bandcamp: https://softentheglare.bandcamp.com/releases
    And although short, it is very sweet.

Neil