Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I wanted to share this piece of Italian progressive rock

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ I kinda hope he -was- drunk. Drunk and groping ol' moustachy grandmas at the local veggie market. It'd be quite un-Italian, but then again Jumbo were supposed to conceptualize contrarian spirit and impulse.

The thing about records like Jumbo's Vietato, Il Balletto's Ys and Cervello's Melos is that their overt manic power was equalled by an almost energetically emotional aura. These aren't only near-hysterical albums, they're intensely beautiful as well. Procession's Frontiera sits safely among these.
    Oh, I agree. Jumbo's Vietato, Il Balletto's Ys and Cervello's Melos occupy honored spots in my Little Italy. Today, I will play all three in honor of my scissor collection, quarantine, and your passion for their passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    your passion for their passion.
    That encompasses my reading of Don Passos.

He needs to be reread.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

That encompasses my reading of Don Passos.

He needs to be reread.
    I agree again. I read Passos's U.S.A trilogy and Manhattan Transfer in the aftermath of 911.

^ I kinda hope he -was- drunk. Drunk and groping ol' moustachy grandmas at the local veggie market. It'd be quite un-Italian, but then again Jumbo were supposed to conceptualize contrarian spirit and impulse.

The thing about records like Jumbo's Vietato, Il Balletto's Ys and Cervello's Melos is that their overt manic power was equalled by an almost energetically emotional aura. These aren't only near-hysterical albums, they're intensely beautiful as well. Procession's Frontiera sits safely among these.
    I do loooove Il Balletto - YS very much. Never heard Cervello yet. Jumbo : I'll probably get more accustomed to his voice with repeated listens. The music sounds great.