Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Tanya Roberts

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

RIP Tanya Roberts

Actress Tanya Roberts died Sunday at age 65. Known for the movies A View To A Kill, The Beastmaster and Sheena, as well as TV's "Charlie's Angels" and "That '70s Show." No cause of death has been given, but said to not be Covid-related.

Teenage crush for sure for me. Way too young.

This is truly a bummer for me as I crushed on her hugely back in the Beastmaster days.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

Way too young. There were a lot of bad sword/sorcery movies in the 80s but Beastmaster was actually decent (albeit cheesy). Tanya was decent in it as well. And indecent in an accompanying promo in Playboy. I believe she is the second "Angel" to have left us. RIP
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    That's my first thought too - 65 is a baby - I'm almost 59 and plan on being around for more than 6 bloody years!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    That's good.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Well hot damn!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Wow. Resurrected faster than Jesus. I don't know how that fake story came to be, but I'm very glad she's OK. It was in several publications besides TMZ.

And, hell, I'm 65.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Wow. Resurrected faster than Jesus. I don't know how that fake story came to be, but I'm very glad she's OK. It was in several publications besides TMZ.

And, hell, I'm 65.
    According to TMZ, Tanya's "rep" said that her husband told him personally that Tanya had passed, and had been calling family and friends to tell them that she was gone. Then apparently, 10:00am this morning, the husband gets a call from the hospital saying she is very much alive. So this seems to be even weirder than the usual "We didn't fact check this story because we were afraid of getting scooped" deal that usually happens under such circumstances.

Im not dead yet! Im getting better!

This sounds like something out of a Soap Opera.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    This sounds like something out of a Soap Opera.
    Any publicity is Good Publicity!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Now they're saying she has passed away, yesterday.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I prayed to my personal god, Shub-Niggurath, the other day that this news might not be true. I felt like he heard me and was going to intervene on my behalf, but I know that’s unrealistic and that she’s gone forever. So sad. And yet it felt as if Shub-Niggurath, the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young, was reassuring me that he had heard my voice above all his minions, and was reanimating Tanya! Weird, right?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-05-2021 at 12:26 PM.

What the hell? Oh my god, yes!! I can’t believe it! Thank you, Shub-Niggurath!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-05-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I prayed to Cthulhu the other day that this news might not be true. I felt like he heard me and was going to intervene on my behalf, but I know thats unrealistic and that shes gone forever. So sad. And yet it felt as if Lord Cthulhu was reassuring me that he had heard my voice above all others and was reanimating Tanya! Weird, right?
    Yes , very weird . Lord Cthulhu has assured me personally that he exclusively listens to me above all others. And we know The Lord Cthulhu is infallible and never lies.

Schrodinger's Obituary.

Not to be grim but based on what little info there is, if she hasn't passed by now, it is imminent. So, I hope her passing was or will be peaceful and that she ultimately rests in peace.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Yes , very weird . Lord Cthulhu has assured me personally that he exclusively listens to me above all others. And we know The Lord Cthulhu is infallible and never lies.
    I edited my post to clarify that it was Shub-Niggurath specifically, so that explains that. I have a personal relationship with him. ❤️

BTW, I’m an Ordained Minister with the Universal Church of Life, so I know about these things. As it hurts no one, do as thou wilt...

I'll just say...thanks to some of her film appearances and photoshoots, we can all take considerable comfort in knowing that Ms. Roberts probably had many kittens waiting to play with her in the afterlife
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Just got this off her Wikipedia page. This seems more coherent than the above links:

Death

On December 24, 2020, Roberts collapsed suddenly after returning home from walking her dogs.[18][21] She was taken to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles[22] and was later placed on a ventilator.[2][3][23][24] It was initially reported that Roberts died on January 3, 2021, after her partner, Lance O'Brien, told her manager that he had visited her in the hospital and "said goodbye"; O'Brien said he did not mean to imply that she had died, but she was critically ill from a urinary tract infection that entered her organs and bloodstream. After the premature reports, O'Brien was informed by the hospital that she died in the evening of January 4, and confirmed this to the media on January 5.[1][24]
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

NP: "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Dead dead dead.

RIP... Her status as the new Abe Vigoda was short-lived, no pun intended.