I've been scouring Amazon's site to try and figure out how to fix this and I'm stumped.

Got a card, tried to take the label off the claim code and it stuck leaving me with two digits unreadable, still stuck to the sticky on top of the code.

I can't seem to find an answer on their site. I just got stuck with 100$ worth of stuff I didn't want to pay for as I HAVE A BLOODY GIFT CARD!!!!!!!!

Any ideas? I can't seem to find a way to contact Amazon in the correct way, or any way that will resolve this. At least I did have the money to cover the bill but damn, this is frustrating. I don't have, and probably can't get, the receipt for the card purchase so what the hell do I do? Without that I seem to be screwed as that's the only way to get this fixed. I did put in a word to Sis maybe she can get me the receipt but I don't know. Without that I seem to be screwed.

This is their fault, dammit, the paper got ripped off when I pulled the sticky and lost the two digits. I didn't do anything wrong yet I am in a bit of a pickle trying to get my hundo. Maybe I'm missing a couple of marbles I've lost but damn, this shouldn't be that hard, right?