Thread: Canterbury Binge: 2021

You may want to check out my (yes!) lengthy, in-depth and exhaustive/exhausting review of Caravan's recently released 37-disc box set, Who Do You Think We Are?, published today at All About Jazz....
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    You may want to check out my (yes!) lengthy, in-depth and exhaustive/exhausting review of Caravan's recently released 37-disc box set, Who Do You Think We Are?, published today at All About Jazz....
    I'm all set up here with coffee and getting ready for a leisurely read through this John.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'm all set up here with coffee and getting ready for a leisurely read through this John.
    ...and that was a delight! Thanks for that, I almost want to shell out for this thing now. LOL I have so much of it already that I can't justify the expense right now. But there are plenty out there who will definitely want this massive collection.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Thank you, good sir! I hope you like it and enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it!!
    John Kelman

...and that was a delight! Thanks for that, I almost want to shell out for this thing now. LOL I have so much of it already that I can't justify the expense right now. But there are plenty out there who will definitely want this massive collection.
    Ah, I missed this! Thank you, as always, for taking the considerable time required to read it..and for your most generous words!

I'm actually quite glad to hear that someone who hasn't bought and won't be buying the box read the article and seemed to find it worth the time. That's very significant feedback for me, so thanks for that...most truly.
    Cheers!
    J
    John Kelman

Interesting interview with G. Richardson from a Japanese blog
    https://kanyo-rsqp.hatenablog.com/en...1/09/05/195958

For those who like to hear another live-performance of The Soft Machine: Paradiso '69 (LP only, with liner notes from Syd Smith): https://www.tonefloat.com/742807_the...so-69-lp-tf204

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    For those who like to hear another live-performance of The Soft Machine: Paradiso '69 (LP only, with liner notes from Syd Smith): https://www.tonefloat.com/742807_the...so-69-lp-tf204
    Looks nice. Does the band endorse this?

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I have a 95 Voiceprint CD with a correct sound, cover is nice so

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    I have a 95 Voiceprint CD with a correct sound, cover is nice so

Their Facelift disc was near-disgraceful sound-wise, though.

For completionists-only, released in the frame of a wider boxset, maybe (IMHO), but back then, it was ill-advised to put it on the market as a stand-alone.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Their Facelift disc was near-disgraceful sound-wise, though.

For completionists-only, released in the frame of a wider boxset, maybe (IMHO), but back then, it was ill-advised to put it on the market as a stand-alone.
    The Paradiso 69 is better then Facelift, but yes they are not as good as the BBC recordings, but interesting documents.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I’m honestly afraid to read it, because I don’t want to buy it. But I WANT to read it!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day痴 toil.

I recently bought all the Caravan studio cds up to Blind Dog having previously only had the Canterbury Tales compilation. That will have to do for now!