Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: One Armed Keyboardist

  1. #1

    One Armed Keyboardist

    Could the Rick Allen thing actually happen with someone like Keith Emerson, Jon Lord, etc? Foot pedals and stuff?

    Probably matters which arm is gone......

    Just theorizing here.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

  2. #2
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,491
    The Drummer of Def Leppard played with one arm and foot pedals.

    One of the New Trolls leaders Plays Keys with one arm, he was a guitarist before.

    A guy from Lazuli build his own Instrument (Leode) to be played with one arm (a sort of Touch Guitar)

  3. #3
    Well, here's a one-handed pianist and a one-handed flautist, all in one person...

    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

  4. #4
    Man of repute progmatist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Could the Rick Allen thing actually happen with someone like Keith Emerson, Jon Lord, etc? Foot pedals and stuff?

    Probably matters which arm is gone......

    Just theorizing here.
    Many composers have written pieces for piano left hand. The original intent was to show off, "look what I can do with just my left hand!" But they port very well to pianists who lost their right arm/hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Well, here's a one-handed pianist and a one-handed flautist, all in one person...

    Thijs van Leer has done that for decades.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

  5. #5
    Member Zeuhlmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    5,320
    Ravel wrote this piece for a pianist who returned from 1. world war with only one arm.



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_...t_Hand_(Ravel)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Many composers have written pieces for piano left hand. The original intent was to show off, "look what I can do with just my left hand!" But they port very well to pianists who lost their right arm/hand.

    Several pianoconcerts for left hand, were ordered by pianist Paul Wittgenstein (the older brother of Ludwig Wittgenstein), who list his right arm in WWI.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wittgenstein

  7. #7
    Rahsaan Roland Kirk lost the use of his 2nd and 3rd mouths, so he had to play his three saxes with just the one.

  8. #8
    Back on point, I recall being very impressed by this guy playing xylophone with one hand and the trumpet with his other hand on Macca’s homage to oral sex - or more specifically a position that facilitates oral sex:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •