Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guitar Challenge

Definitely a guitar tab. It's all gibberish to this keyboardist.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

^^ If you think about it, standard musical notation IS tab for the keyboard. One dot on a line or between lines, perhaps modified by a sharp or flat corresponds to one key on the keyboard, and one key only. Unlike string instruments, on which the notes are stacked in layers on the fret/finger board.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Well that was interesting.

So this is my first attempt at using a DAW (which I got under the tree this year). Very cool stuff, can definitely end up down a rabbit hole. I ended up working on this for a couple days with innumerable takes, took a bit to get the melody line down and work out all the parts. Could definitely use some (a lot of!) refinement but you get the idea.

There are 4 Guitar tracks: Acoustic rhythm, main and echo melody, and solo lead. Gear is Ovation Celebrity and '72 SG Custom through a thru a Crybaby and Wampler Ego Compressor into a Marshall MG100DFX emulated line out to Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, DAW is Protools First. I was pretty happy with how the solo came out on the first take, figured it would have been another 50 takes before I got another one as good - the actual solo is only 60 seconds, the rest of the song is pretty structured, and I tried to stay with the main melody and themes.

https://www.bandlab.com/mdhagan007/n...ake-2-031ffcdd
    Last edited by The Muffin Man; 1 Week Ago at 07:46 PM.
    The Present Day Composer refuses to DIE!

Anyone got an update to listen to? I'm dying to hear your interpretations.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.