Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.2 Third Impression coming from Robert Berry

3.2 Third Impression coming from Robert Berry

Put this one down as things I would not have predicted:
    Robert Berry releases video for new single from upcoming 3.2 album

Here's the vid:

Wholly unexpected! The song, A Fond Farewell, could have easily fit on the first 3.2 album. The video is interesting; it appears that a good bit of thought was put into the concept and production.

Wow, another one? This ought to be interesting.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

I like it! More please!

Great news! Autobuy. 3.2 was the breakout album of 2018 for me, ending up in my top 3 of the year. It had been a long time since an AOR album had such a positive effect on me. I admit with the Emersonian keys 3.2 is at the proggy end of AOR but you can't call it prog per se.

First single has promise.

Another Frontiers release - now THIS sounds fantastic! This fits the proggy-pop sound that I enjoy.

Certainly stands out in a few very good/great ways. Production, vocals, keys, and a lot of underlying stuff going on. Imagine a whole album like this. ;-)

Sounds good to these ears.. I was never a big fan of the first 3 album..

I'm in. Really enjoyed the last one.

Robert Berry seems like the perfect guy for one of these Arc of Life-type of "supergroups," but he never seems to find his way into one. Maybe it's his choice....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Really cool video and song, too.

Took me a minute to realize that the astronaut dude isn't Berry.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Excellent! love the song and video -great job by everyone here!!! that's some catchy song

More stimulating than that other Frontiers project just announced. Years ago I had Berry's 'Pilgrimage to a Point' cd which I played to death but somehow parted ways with.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Took me a minute to realize that the astronaut dude isn't Berry.
    I had the same problem!

You don't get a second chance to make a third impression.

Good work, Robert! I'm all over this, the last album was a wonderful surprise.
    -noisynoise
    www.polarizedguru.com - 5-piece jazz fusion group
    www.incandescentsky.com - inventive improvisational instrumental ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoise View Post
    Good work, Robert! I'm all over this, the last album was a wonderful surprise.
    Agree. It was suprisingly good.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Good song, I saw them last year at the Sellersville Theater, great band great show and Jimmy Keegan on drums.

Have given this track a few spins and I like it. Very upbeat and exhilarating all the way around. Look forward to hearing more but so far I like it.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Just gave the video in the OP a listen. It really reminds me of something else, but I can't quite place it...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Good song, I saw them last year at the Sellersville Theater, great band great show and Jimmy Keegan on drums.
    I don't remember even hearing about this. I would have been there in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I don't remember even hearing about this. I would have been there in a heartbeat.
    If memory serves, he did his appearance at ProgStock on a Friday night and then Sellersville Saturday or Sunday night. I think he had an appearance at the Iridium scheduled that weekend also. I was going to go to his Sellersville show, but ultimately bought a weekend ticket for Progstock and caught him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    If memory serves, he did his appearance at ProgStock on a Friday night and then Sellersville Saturday or Sunday night. I think he had an appearance at the Iridium scheduled that weekend also. I was going to go to his Sellersville show, but ultimately bought a weekend ticket for Progstock and caught him there.
    Right. They opened for Brand X at Sellersville.

I too was at the Progstock 2019 show, wonderful. And pleasantly surprised by the 3.2 "The Rules have changed" release, those Emersonesque bombastic keys are a breath of fresh prog air from Robert Berry!

Samsung pictures Jan 2020 2683.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by D.Eric View Post
    Right. They opened for Brand X at Sellersville.
    I also saw 3.2 at Sellersville with Brand X. Great show but way too short at about 40/45 minutes. Only one song from 3.2 "Rules have changed" IIRC. Though the versions of Talkin Bout and Desde la Vida made up for this to some extent because they were so much better than the studio versions.

Remember there was also a solo act? some guy with a primitive patch-cord synth? Cool sounds but it dragged on. I totally wished they had given 3.2 that extra half hour!

I had forgotten about the patch cord guy, but i remember now. It was always a great night at Sellersville and that one was no different. Seems like so long ago.